Retreat cabanas

maryland

I can't find anywhere on the HAL website where to reserve any retreat cabanas on board. How do I go about checking availability and reserving?

Theoretically you can reserve any available cabanas at the front desk. It's very rare that one would be available. If you want one, you should call.

We just got off the Noordam 11 day. In our cabin was this flyer and at first I told my wife #&!! no but when doing the math it was a great deal. So we quickly booked an awesome Cabana. The attendants were spectacular! We kept track of our drinks and other offerings and figured out we would have spent $1018.75 and got a private very quite cabana with great service. Only half where used. Hope others get this deal!

New Doc 10.pdf

Edited by skiingj

Thank you CruiserBruce. Had them on Eurodam and did not think particularly appealing. Block breezes and in the way of the open deck. Just keep adding stuff to charge us for and does not add to the experience, in my opinion. We are off on the Oosterdam in Nov.

We just got off the Noordam 11 day. In our cabin was this flyer and at first I told my wife #&!! no but when doing the math it was a great deal. So we quickly booked an awesome Cabana. The attendants were spectacular! We kept track of our drinks and other offerings and figured out we would have spent $1018.75 and got a private very quite cabana with great service. Only half where used. Hope others get this deal!

That's a fantastic deal skiinj. We are on the Noordam 11 day sailing March 30. We've reserved & paid for a cabana - $499 and prepurchased the spa pass - another $499 - so it has cost us more already than the special VIP package AND that's without the added drinks & dinner it includes. I wonder if HAL will be willing to make a deal with me after we board - if they are offering it then, of course. You can bet I'll be checking with the concierge.

I decided not to wait until we got onboard to check on the Noordam Retreat package skiingj posted earlier in this thread.

I sent an email to Ship Services 2 days ago and asked about it. We had already prepurchased both the Retreat Cabana and the Thermal Spa Package for our upcoming 11 day cruise on the Noordam. I'm happy to report that we are able to exchange the packages we purchased for the V.I.P. Cabana Retreat Absolute Indulgence package and have the difference refunded to us!!

A big "Thank You" to skiingj for the tip and also to HAL Ship Services!!

I decided not to wait until we got onboard to check on the Noordam Retreat package skiingj posted earlier in this thread.

I sent an email to Ship Services 2 days ago and asked about it. We had already prepurchased both the Retreat Cabana and the Thermal Spa Package for our upcoming 11 day cruise on the Noordam. I'm happy to report that we are able to exchange the packages we purchased for the V.I.P. Cabana Retreat Absolute Indulgence package and have the difference refunded to us!!

A big "Thank You" to skiingj for the tip and also to HAL Ship Services!!

That looks like a great package, so called ship services to see if it might be available on other ships as well (next cruise Eurodam). The agent I spoke to had not heard of this package and asked the supervisor as well. Nada.

After I mentioned that you were successful getting this added to your cruise, he asked me for details (name, stuff, etc) to see if he could pull up the info using that. However, since I don't know you, that wasn't possible.

Are there any details you might be able to share, like an item order #? I wouldn't expect any of your personal details.

I might just ask our PCC to go on the hunt to see if it's available fleet wide.

Certainly hope so, because it sounds like a great deal.

Are there any details you might be able to share, like an item order #? I wouldn't expect any of your personal details.

OVgirl - I think it helped that I had already purchased both the thermal spa passes and the retreat cabana. I contacted ship services by responding to a confirmation for one of the packages I purchased - sorry, there was no order number. You might try responding to one of your confirmation emails as I did (if you have one) and attaching a copy of the V.I.P package flyer skiingj attached to his post.

We have rented retreat cabanas on at least four of our cruises on the Nieuw Amsterdam and have never seen any mention of a package like this being available.

I've never seen it either and have never heard of it being even talked about on cruise critic. I'm surprised there were so many unrented cabanas. That is unusual.

Just back from the Noordam, and we loved our retreat cabana, it was the highlight of the cruise for us.... well worth the $399 for 10 days.

Only 4 of the cabanas were taken for the entire cruise duration, but a lot more were booked for just the sea days.

Just back from the Noordam, and we loved our retreat cabana, it was the highlight of the cruise for us.... well worth the $399 for 10 days.

Only 4 of the cabanas were taken for the entire cruise duration, but a lot more were booked for just the sea days.

Thx for reporting back. I'm surprised they weren't all booked for the entire cruise. I wonder if people aren't aware of the cabanas on the Noordam.

I agree that this is another issue about having more people in a cabana that is specified. With fourteen cabanas, the "regular" amount of people would be approximately 32, if all were filled (2 in each individual cabana and 4 in the two family cabanas. If an additional 14 people were added (1 additional in each cabana), that would make almost 50 people using a small reserved area. It's true that not everyone would have three people in their cabana, but it might make for some unhappy cabana neighbors.

We have booked the Retreat Cabanas on NA, once for a 14 day Caribbean and once for a 14 day Med cruise. Our observance of the open area where the tables, chairs and loungers/umbrellas are located is that that area rarely had more than 5-6 loungers in use.

Donna