Bruges - ships shuttle

FiggyWig

I'm aware that the town of Bruge is a bit of a journey from the port. We don't plan on doing a ships excursion, but does any one know if P&O (Oceana) provide a shuttle bus from the port directly into town (or as near as possible)? And if so - any idea on costs ?

Thanks

Fig

I'm aware that the town of Bruge is a bit of a journey from the port. We don't plan on doing a ships excursion, but does any one know if P&O (Oceana) provide a shuttle bus from the port directly into town (or as near as possible)? And if so - any idea on costs ?

Thanks

Fig

The standard practice is to get the shuttle to Blankenburg station and get the train to Bruges. There is however a walk of about 20 mins at the other end to get to the centre.

As other people have said there is a shuttle to Blankenberg which is a small seaside town that is very pleasant to walk around if you don't feel like going on the train to Bruges or Ghent. The shuttle is free, when we were in Zebrugge in December we took the train to Bruges it was 6 euros each return and took about 20 minutes.

The shuttle bus at Zeebrugge to Blankenberge is free even for saver fares as you are not allowed to walk in the port area. The train to Bruges runs every hour.

Brian

I believe the port authority do a free shuttle bus to the port gates to avoid walking in port area. If you use P&O shuttle bus to Blankenberge unless you have booked a Select fare then there is a charge.

I believe the port authority do a free shuttle bus to the port gates to avoid walking in port area. If you use P&O shuttle bus to Blankenberge unless you have booked a Select fare then there is a charge.

There is no charge for the P&O shuttle bus. See P&O website.

https://ask.pocruises.com/resources/carnivaluk/on-shore/PO_Shuttle_Information

Brian

The shuttle was free when we were on a Saver fare on Adonia in December.

As mentioned previously you can get the free bus to the port gate where, there are a line of taxis, they will take you to the centre in market square (approx. 20mins) then you can arrange a pick up time for the return journey, you can also take their phone number just in case there is a problem.

The cost of the taxi is fixed at €50 each way.