Luggage tags--best way to put them on bags?

bluegirlum

How am I supposed to get the luggage tags to stay on my bags? I don't have time to order the fancy holders from Amazon. Do I bring a stapler with me? Tape? I can't remember what I did last time.

Stapler is probably the best. If you are going the day before, the hotel front desk can lend you a stapler.

How am I supposed to get the luggage tags to stay on my bags? I don't have time to order the fancy holders from Amazon. Do I bring a stapler with me? Tape? I can't remember what I did last time.

I never staple. I guess you could borrow one from the hotel you're staying at. I just fold (according to the instructions) them and tape them. I've never had a tag come off using this method. I do this at the hotel prior to heading over to the port.

A roll of clear packing tape does the trick. I would say to put packing tape on both sides of the tag and then, just before your board, take a piece of packing tape and just put the taped tag through your luggage handle and tape the ends together. That should secure it until it arrives in your stateroom. By putting tape on both sides of the original tag and then taping the ends together, you don't get a sticky areas on your luggage handles.

We laminate them, then use cable ties.

Edited by Folk Singer

The porters will also get you some tags, write your cabin number on them and attach them if you ask.

When all else fails.

I draw the line at travelling with a stapler or a roll of tape. :p. We use the spiffy plastic holders, but if I forgot them or didn't have time to order them, like the OP, I'd nicely ask the porters to do it for me. I have done in the past and tipped extra for it. They didn't seem to mind, and our luggage made it to the cabin just fine.

I was planning on buying cheap clear luggage tags at Walmar and folding so my information shows on both sides.

For those of you who have done it, will this work?

Haven't done that, but you can also buy those little travel kits of toothpaste & tooth brush at Walmart...they are about $1 and then use the plastic holder they come in for your luggage tag, punch a hole in the top & attach with zip tie...I've done that & it works fine...

I bought these for my last cruise...since I usually travel solo they should last me for a while..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/10-Clear-Vinyl-BOOKMARKS-Book-Mark-Sleeve-2-x-6-SMALL-TEACHERS-DIY-Project-/350820012248?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item51ae8090d8

Edited by kc320

A roll of clear packing tape does the trick. I would say to put packing tape on both sides of the tag and then, just before your board, take a piece of packing tape and just put the taped tag through your luggage handle and tape the ends together. That should secure it until it arrives in your stateroom. By putting tape on both sides of the original tag and then taping the ends together, you don't get a sticky areas on your luggage handles.

Ditto, before I got the plastic luggage tag holders.

Great information and think I'll order a set of the clear plastic holders. Do these only go on large luggage or do they also need to go on carry-on backpacks too? Need to be sure I order enough!

They only need to go on items you will check with the porters. Carry-on items do not need tags.

They only need to go on items you will check with the porters. Carry-on items do not need tags.

But being anal, with a forgetful tendancy...I put them on everything that goes on the ship:D I figure if I leave my tote bag behind in the WJ it has a better chance of making it back to me if it has a tag on it...