HOTS Harmony of the Seas

rolloman

http://news.yahoo.com/next-royal-caribbean-ship-aims-largest-cruise-vessel-142742231.html

Next Royal Caribbean ship aims to be largest cruise vessel in the world

9 hours ago

Relaxnews

Royal Caribbean has released new details on its next vessel, announcing that the third iteration of its Oasis-Class vessels will be named Harmony of the Seas.

When complete, the latest behemoth aims to be the largest cruise ship in the world, measuring 2.15 meters longer, 5.5 meters wider, and 2,418 gross tons heavier than the current titleholder, sister ship Allure of the Seas, reports trade blog Cruise Fever.

Harmony of the Seas is currently under construction at a shipyard in France and is expected to debut in April 2016.

While details on the new ship are sparse, the Oasis Class ships feature amenities exclusive to Royal Caribbean, including twin FlowRider surf simulators, cantilevered whirlpools, an ice skating rink, and Royal Promenade, an interior boulevard flanked by restaurants, lounges and boutiques.

Meanwhile, over the weekend, the company’s Anthem of the Seas left the shipyard in Germany and took to the water for the first time, reported USA Today. The ship is set to debut in April.

Like its sister ship Quantum of the Seas, Anthem of the Seas will include some of the same industry firsts including robot bartenders and an observation lift modeled after the London Eye.

Looks like it may be completed in time to coincide with the new huge Cove entertainment, hotel and dining complex currently under design by the developer.Master plans will be delivered this summer with construction to follow. Couple this with the the two new piers to be built and soon Port Canaveral will be the ultimate cruise port in the world. We will welcome Harmony with open arms!

Ok...but I do not see the same specifics in this article on any other thread.....

and if there is...oh well....not like anyone else on here has not been redundant in the past.

Agree, and I believe you were first to coin the HOTS acronym. Not even sure RCCL saw that one coming, but its a good one! Only way they might do better is if they came out with a Passion of the Seas. ;)

Agree, and I believe you were first to coin the HOTS acronym. Not even sure RCCL saw that one coming, but its a good one! Only way they might do better is if they came out with a Passion of the Seas. ;)

OK. that's a good one !:):eek::p

If we are going down this path how about Yearning of the Seas?

I am sure we will all have the HOTS for this ship when she arrives. You also make a good point about naming a RCCL ship with a P. On the upside using the acronym POS could mean Point of sale...

I am sure we will all have the HOTS for this ship when she arrives. You also make a good point about naming a RCCL ship with a P. On the upside using the acronym POS could mean Point of sale...

Quantum is only one letter off from POS.

This is what was missing on Allure and Oasis, waters slides.

I love this class of ship.

I also hope that it will make additional stops than others and it will always be based in Florida

wait to see what they have added new

:p

What an absurd POINTLESS comment:eek::p:D

Really? the original question was who is excited. I answered the question - no. Sorry if not everyone is all pumped up about another Oasis ship. If that offends you, get a life...............

Edited by bouhunter

Of course, without the T, she would be HOS!!:eek: My bad!:o Bet some of you were already thinking that though!:p Happy hump day!

I am excited, but just hope it is not priced too high just because a new ship. I love Oasis class ships! When I cruise, I cruise for the ship experience not the ports. Hope it is based at home port in U.S. and not Europe/Asia.

I am excited, but just hope it is not priced too high just because a new ship. I love Oasis class ships! When I cruise, I cruise for the ship experience not the ports. Hope it is based at home port in U.S. and not Europe/Asia.

And that is what makes for a varied life in cruising.

As for me I am the opposite of the above poster, love a different itenary and the ship can be what it is...a nice ship and over here in Europe please with no expensive flights.

Really? the original question was who is excited. I answered the question - no. Sorry if not everyone is all pumped up about another Oasis ship. If that offends you, get a life...............

Life is great, thanks for asking, you posted on another thread just now that is was absurd and POINTLESS. But still had to read it and comment on it:rolleyes:

YOU never offended me:p

Expect the price to be high on a new ship. If you cruise for the ship, and want to go on an new one, expect a high price................

Life is great, thanks for asking, you posted on another thread just now that is was absurd and POINTLESS. But still had to read it and comment on it:rolleyes:

YOU never offended me:p

Glad to see you're following my other posts..................:rolleyes:

I'm somewhat excited. I liked Allure, so I am looking forward to an even better version.

However, I wish the itinerary had a new port or two. I know Oasis/Allure can call on St. Kitts and Costa Maya. Surely, they can dock someplace different than the same tired old ports on the typical east/west itineraries.