Upsell Offer.......Would You?

barko98

I love mini suites with the tub/shower and sofa area. However you do have a prime location and I would see if the mini was located where you would be happy. If same approx section, then yes. If all the way forward then no, and enjoy your great balcony! JMHO

Depends on location. Love the Caribe balcony so unless the mini is in a good location I might be tempted to pass up the offer. On the other hand a mini for 7 days for $199 per person more is a pretty decent upsell offer.

Actually they said it was $129/pp...not $199. That is a really good deal.

But, I have a question. Do they let you know exactly where the cabins they are offering are or do you just have to accept whatever they are offering?

Actually they said it was $129/pp...not $199. That is a really good deal.

But, I have a question. Do they let you know exactly where the cabins they are offering are or do you just have to accept whatever they are offering?

You call in and talk to the upsell lady, or usually leave a message that you're interested, they call you back and can tell you what cabins are open.

The comp upgrades or "we'll pick the best room available" are when you don't get a choice.

You call in and talk to the upsell lady, or usually leave a message that you're interested, they call you back and can tell you what cabins are open.

The comp upgrades or "we'll pick the best room available" are when you don't get a choice.

Question: If we get an upsell offer and turn it down, does it affect our chances of a comp upgrade?

We've only had a minisuite one time but have been in a larger Caribe deck balcony many times & we wouldn't pay extra for the minisuite. We prefer the partially covered 9'x9' balcony over a sitting area, 2 TVs, a bathtub & a glass of sparkling wine during embarkation.

There isn't a "correct" answer but merely a personal preferrence which would be a larger Caribe deck balcony cabin for us.

Question: If we get an upsell offer and turn it down, does it affect our chances of a comp upgrade?

I have never read a "definitive" answer as theire are too many variables within the Princess yield management algorithm. ;)

Edited by Astro Flyer

No I don't think so. You see the B2 was a comp upgrade from the original booking. And thank you everyone who responded.

Edited by barko98

It is a tough call! We love the Caribe deck balconies and always book one when we go on a Grand Class ship. But on our recent Ruby Princess cruise our cabin was flooded by a broken pipe (the 2nd to last day of a 28 day cruise) and we were moved to a "D" deck mini-suite. Although we loved the larger interior, we missed our larger (and half covered) Caribe Deck Balcony. If you do not care about the larger balcony on the Caribe deck the upsell does sound reasonable.

Hank

Edited by Hlitner

Going North in March/April from LA can often be foggy and cold, as can SF...

you may not be sitting out on your balcony much unless it is sunny while docked, even with partial cover to protect from elements.......

I would always take mini as it has a very nice balcony. If you can snag a mini on Emerald, (12 of them) your balcony is fully covered.