UDP - drinks in cabin

champagne lover

This is a problem with the UBP in certain circumstances.

We travel with our son, which means that on most nights we are back in our room by 10ish. I usually then sit on the balcony and read for a few hours with a bottle of wine.

For that reason, Viva Vino and beer buckets have always been the better way of going for us rather than the UBP. We've now got the UBP thrown in on a few upcoming cruises and are having to give some thought as to how we will work things.

We travel with our son, which means that on most nights we are back in our room by 10ish. I usually then sit on the balcony and read for a few hours with a bottle of wine.

For that reason, Viva Vino and beer buckets have always been the better way of going for us rather than the UBP. We've now got the UBP thrown in on a few upcoming cruises and are having to give some thought as to how we will work things.

May take some work on your part, but you can start buying wine early in the AM, take the glass to your cabin, pour it into a larger container, return the glass to the bar, and repeat, repeat, etc. It could also be a part of your fitness regime, going to the bar several times during the day.;)

We've now got the UBP thrown in on a few upcoming cruises and are having to give some thought as to how we will work things.
Beer is not a big problem. Order one or two unopened bottles whenever you're headed back to your cabin during the first few days, and you will soon have quite a stockpile for your fridge.

For wine, if you don't feel like carrying glasses back to your cabin, you can buy bottles of wine at a 20% discount with the UBP. Or order a small Viva Vino package on top of your free UBP. Or carry on a few bottles of your own. (Or some combination of all of these.)

It's not a problem with the UBP. The UBP simply is not for everyone. Just because you have the free UBP doesn't mean you can't bring along a bottle of wine or purchase a bucket of beers.

It is a problem with the UBP if you don't get it for free. This is one of the reasons why we have never purchased it.

There are always solutions of course, like getting Viva Vino instead, but it is still a problem with the UBP.

Just to clarify further, I'm not complaining about it. It just makes it not the best option in some circumstances.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone, but we know what we will be doing (starting with the two free bottles of wine we get from latitudes). I was just making the point that it is a problem and needs some thinking about.

Save one of those empty bottles. Then each time you go back to your room bring a glass or two of wine with you, pour it into the empty wine bottle!

Harriet

New to NCL-what is Viva Vino? Thanks!

Here is a link to a recent review with Viva Vino latest info. See post #148.

No Pinot Grigio. Disappointing. We will be spending more time at Shaker's on the Waterfront on our next Breakaway trip as we have UBP.

Link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2171334

It's a wine package. You can get 4, 6 or 8 bottles at a heavily discounted price. If you just do a search on this forum you will get far more info than I could give you. Including example lists and pricing.

Thanks, I'll check it out!

Get a cabin as close as possible to a bar. :D That would be my solution.