HAL Survey

Vict0riann

We also received the survey (I"ll fill it out later today). IMO, the recipients have been randomly computer selected, following unknown parameters, altho I don't know much about these things. But that would explain why all the cruisers in one particular category didn't receive the survey, i.e. previous World Cruisers.

I'd love to do such a cruise but don't know if I have the mind set (or the funds) to be on a ship for such a long time. But it is sure fun to fantasize about it. :D

LC

I did not receive one, nor would I be interested. Doubt they send them out to solo cruisers. I'd have to mortgage my home. Also could not afford the bar bill in U.S. dollars against our poor Canadian dollar.

I cruise solo, and I received a survey, and I also have an 89 day voyage booked. However, it is unlikely that I would do any of the offered itineraries... too many sea days.

P.S. I find that my bar bill aboard is on a par with my dining out bill when at home, so it all evens out.

We also received the survey (I"ll fill it out later today). IMO, the recipients have been randomly computer selected, following unknown parameters, altho I don't know much about these things. But that would explain why all the cruisers in one particular category didn't receive the survey, i.e. previous World Cruisers.

Your explanation is the simple, logical one, but it won't suffice for those who like to agonize over why HAL might be ignoring them and their opinions.

I got it but it was impossible to choose an itinerary I would prefer. My first instinct was to count sea days and they were around 60 for all itineraries. Fortunately they let me use the back button in order to compare itineraries. I couldn't make up my mind. If I won the cruise I'd be happy to go on any itinerary.

Maybe they are just trying to get us motivated to cruise.

Did anyone else get a survey today about Grand World Voyages? I filled mine in, but as I have never taken a GWV or even a part of one, I probably did not tell them exactly what they wanted to hear!:)

I did and sent it in with my top 3 plus some changes..

We have taken two Grand Voyages and half of last year's Grand World but no survey for us. If asked, I would have told them that I will never take another cruise that requires me to get an India visa.

That's so funny. On the Volendam last year we had one day in Port Blair, and everyone complained it was such a hassle, and so expensive, to get the Indian visa. We got the impression that everyone needed one just to sail in Indian waters, even the crew had to get work visas! DH complained in the survey at the end of the cruise, and suggested an extra day somewhere else, rather than stopping in PB, and this year the same cruise is having an extra day in Yangon! So maybe, sometimes, it does work to speak out.

I noticed on the survey that one of the questions had to do with how important the ship was in deciding on a Grand Voyage. I got to thinking that maybe they are thinking a smaller ship for WC 2017. Maybe the Prinsendam's final voyage????

I noticed on the survey that one of the questions had to do with how important the ship was in deciding on a Grand Voyage. I got to thinking that maybe they are thinking a smaller ship for WC 2017. Maybe the Prinsendam's final voyage????

No, I think it'll be the Amsterdam..