Am I Lobster Girl 2x? Not a Water Snob Am I OK?

Shore>Mom

2 elegant nights on Breeze. Is lobster served on both nights?? Please say it is so!

Not going to be able to get bottled water before cruise. I am not a water snob...how is the ice water just out of the dispenser. Ewww or OK?

Lobster is only offered on the MDR menu for one elegant night. However, every night it's available for purchase from the steakhouse menu offerings. You won't have to go to the steakhouse for it. $20 up charge.

Edited by gone_cruisin

Thanks for the replies! Lobster the first Elegant Night? Another random question. Read somewhere the cups for the complimentary ice tea, water, lemonade etc are really small. Someone suggested bringing cups for kids to get beverages. OK am I going to be totally weird bringing my red solo cups LOL

Thanks for the replies! Lobster the first Elegant Night? Another random question. Read somewhere the cups for the complimentary ice tea' date=' water, lemonade etc are really small. Someone suggested bringing cups for kids to get beverages. OK am I going to be totally weird bringing my red solo cups LOL[/quote']

Yes, the free rock lobster is on the first elegant night. Personally, I bring a large insulated mug to fill at the Lido buffet

Lobster is only offered on the MDR menu for one elegant night. However, every night it's available for purchase from the steakhouse menu offerings. You won't have to go to the steakhouse for it. $20 up charge.

Worst lobster I have ever paid for. YUCK!

Actually, the free lobster was better.

Edited by Sillyjilly

2 elegant nights on Breeze. Is lobster served on both nights?? Please say it is so!

Not going to be able to get bottled water before cruise. I am not a water snob...how is the ice water just out of the dispenser. Ewww or OK?

My "trick" to drinking MORE water on board is that I bring a little < 2oz bottle of Flavor Enhancer to squirt in my water. My favorite is grape, but there are limitless possibilities. It helps disguise the flavor since it definitely won't taste like your water back home. It's not bad without it, just helps me consume more water. :D

Thanks for the replies! Lobster the first Elegant Night? Another random question. Read somewhere the cups for the complimentary ice tea' date=' water, lemonade etc are really small. Someone suggested bringing cups for kids to get beverages. OK am I going to be totally weird bringing my red solo cups LOL[/quote']

If you do bring your own cups, please note that USPH regulations do not allow their use at the drink stations. There will be signs to use a clean glass every time, so you will need to take a ship's glass, fill it from the dispenser, and then fill your cup from it, so that your cup never touches the dispenser. Even if you use disposable solo cups, be prepared for the staff to stop you from filling them directly, as they have no insurance that you are not reusing that cup.

IMHO the water tastes better than most tap water in most cities. I have no problem drinking the water at all.

The cups on the lido deck are small but I believe they are still about 8 oz. If you want to take a cup or thermos to fill then you should fill a clean cup from the dispenser then poor it into your cup, for sanitary purposes.

Not to gross anyone out, but even the stuff that comes from the tap in the head isn't bad.

That's because its the same water throughout the ship. Just put ice in it or use the melted ice water from the ice bucket, its all made from the same water.

I would definitely bring your own cup or mug, whatever, the plastic cups are gross and you can almost always see old lipstick on them and they have water spots on them.

However, you need to use those plastic cups to fill your own cup. its against public health regulation to fill you own cup, as stated on the signs on the lido deck.

I would definitely bring your own cup or mug, whatever, the plastic cups are gross and you can almost always see old lipstick on them and they have water spots on them.

and how do you fill that cup or mug you bring????

While I fully agree with NOT using your personal cup to get refills, keep in mind if you have the Bottomless Bubbles plan the mugs are often refilled by the bartenders. Hubby actually purchased a Carnival tumbler when he got my plan and only a very few times did the bartender put the Diet Coke in a clean glass. Almost always they had me take the top off and then they either used the pump dispenser or poured from a can.

While I fully agree with NOT using your personal cup to get refills, keep in mind if you have the Bottomless Bubbles plan the mugs are often refilled by the bartenders. Hubby actually purchased a Carnival tumbler when he got my plan and only a very few times did the bartender put the Diet Coke in a clean glass. Almost always they had me take the top off and then they either used the pump dispenser or poured from a can.

The bartenders, who are trained in USPH procedures, know not to touch the bar gun to the glass, so no cross-contamination problems. Also, pouring from a can, into your cup, they won't touch the can to the glass, and the can is a single serve container, so even if they did touch, the can is tossed out.

They also leave a soapy film in the drink and make it taste like soap :eek: if you use them, make sure you rinse them out with water first.

You won't look weird. I've seen people using cups of all varieties, coffee mugs, tumblers, etc. I plan to bring my own tumblers on our next cruise.

Edited by VASOXFANN