Miracle Question Answered??

kidlessatsea

Now I'm confused. Here's what conversation happened today:

Q: Why isnt Carnival putting a Guys Burger on each of its ships as they go into dry dock? They are so popular.

A: (from Arnold Donald)I know – I love Guy’s Burger Joint – it is one of my favorite onboard experiences! For anything that is a big hit like Guy’s, with amazing food and great atmosphere, we want to make it as widely available as possible, so we look for opportunities like that with newer ships and when we update ships in dry dock.By the same token, scheduling all the work we typically like to do during drydocks and sometimes we have to priority what we will implement during the designated time frame.

My Q:Is that why Miracle (headed to dry dock this weekend) is not getting this popular upgrade? There seems to be some disagreement as to what is actually going to happen with this ship in dry dock. Can you clarify any of those upgrades?

His A: Miracle has completed its drydock and unfortuanately we were unable to implement everything we wanted to. The next time through, it will be given every consideration.

Am I crazy? What did I miss? Did I lose a few weeks or does he just not know the fleet as intricately as I had hoped?

I agree that propulsion is far more important than a new venue. But you would have to assume that the people doing the propulsion repairs would be different than the people that would be brought on to put in a new venue. The ship is already in dry dock, what would keep them from doing there separate jobs simultaneously?

Miracle does not go to drydock until Saturday. How can it already be completed when it has not yet begun?

I understand that propulsion is the #1 issue but they are adding other eating venues that are less popular. I am still holding out hope that there will be surprises when she resurfaces after March 21 because nobody seems to have the straight answer.

Miracle does not go to drydock until Saturday. How can it already be completed when it has not yet begun?

I understand that propulsion is the #1 issue but they are adding other eating venues that are less popular. I am still holding out hope that there will be surprises when she resurfaces after March 21 because nobody seems to have the straight answer.

you're right - miracle 'should be' (lol) in drydock 3/07-3/21. it's too bad they don't know their fleet / operations as well as we do haha. it seems, though, confirmation that miracle won't be getting guys, though i hope for your and everyone else who's to sail on her that she does. :)

My PVP said no one knows what the Miracle is getting until upgrades are completed. I'm still hoping!! However if it doesn't, i'll still have an awesome time in Hawaii!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I must admit that I haven't had the experience of eating at Guys Burgers . With that said, I don't think any hamburger is going to excite me much so I don't care if the Miracle gets it or not. I guess I don't see the big deal about it?

I'm not going to make an excuse for Arnold Donald. Clearly the man is clueless.

I love carnival. I cruise them because i love the product they provide. But i have. MY doubts about arnold Donald too. I think he is a micromanager. That is probably why the new hires like christine duffy of carnival cruise lines is only a president and not CEO. Ii found the pic they sent out of him answering these chat questions (which were very few) had him at a board table with his team. Serious? Lol oh well

Op... I thought somebody had asked john heald and he said miracle was getting guys?? But unless Doc brown really did invent a time machine there had been no drydock yet lol

Edited by kybluecruiser

I don't eat burgers, so I don't understand getting up in arms about Guys being on the ship. I was really hoping for some Waterworks, like the Pride received. And I'm happy for Suess at Sea.

Either way, in about a month I will be on the Miracle with a DOD in my hand and not at work. I'll actually get to spend time with my DH (we work opposite shifts and barely see each other) and watch my son experience his first cruise. ♡ Doesn't get much better than that.

If I was on the Miracle I would be much more concerned about the propulsion issues being fixed. I would have been livid if I sailed all the way to Hawaii and then missed ports because of propulsion issues. That is a very long cruise with a limited season. Propulsion definitely should be priority.

Someone mentioned that the propulsion guys would be different than the people updating the interior. True but you have to consider costs. They don't have an unlimited budget to use when a ship goes to drydock. They have to decide what they can do with the budget they have.

You can see the starboard side prop wash is almost non-existent. Port side working hard.

When I was onboard Miracle a few weeks ago, I rode in the elevator with an engineer of some sort. I asked about his day, and he said "Getting the ship ready for dry dock"

I said something to the effect of "I hope you can get the engine that is underpowered back up to full speed", and he looked at me surprised and said "What makes you think something is wrong with an engine?"

I said "By the wake. One look, and you can tell one side is wonky"

He just looked at me and said "I hope we get it fixed, as well"

I'm not going to make an excuse for Arnold Donald. Clearly the man is clueless.

I have to second that. I read the Q & A' s with him yesterday and he did not give any straight answer worth wasting my time reading. There are CC members that knew more than he did.:eek:

If I was on the Miracle I would be much more concerned about the propulsion issues being fixed. I would have been livid if I sailed all the way to Hawaii and then missed ports because of propulsion issues. That is a very long cruise with a limited season. Propulsion definitely should be priority.

I was on that cruise to Hawaii. The only port that was completely missed was Maui. Other ports were shortened. Instead of Maui, there were 2 days in Kona. Both about 6 hours.

Yes there were propulsion problems, but we also had bad weather going and coming back from Hawaii which contributed to going slower and missing an island.

I hope the Miracle doesn't get Guy's Burgers. I like the grill as it is. I just wish they would move the ice cream indoors. Sometimes it's too cold or windy to go outside to get some ice cream.

......."I hope you can get the engine that is underpowered back up to full speed", and he looked at me surprised and said "What makes you think something is wrong with an engine?"

I think he was correct, there is not an issue with the engine. The engines are hooked to generators that provide electrical power to the entire ship, including the electric motors in the azipods. The problem is in a bearing assembly in the starboard azipod, it's "wonked";).