Port Klang

Has anyone been to Port Klang recently?? I believe Kuala Lumpur can be a two hour journey each way and taxis can be a bit unreliable and difficult to organise??

I would like to go to the Petronas Towers and Princess has an excursion for about $50.00 which is for a return coach trip with a few hours in KL. This appears to be an easy and reliable option.

Thoughts anyone???

Thanks

PS Posted on the ports of call site but thought I would try here also...thanks

The ships tour to Petronas Toweres sounds OK. At least they will/should , have you booked in. We had no trouble getting a taxi for the trip , but when we got to the Towers , there was a 2 hour wait , so we had to leave it.

Has anyone been to Port Klang recently?? I believe Kuala Lumpur can be a two hour journey each way and taxis can be a bit unreliable and difficult to organise??

I would like to go to the Petronas Towers and Princess has an excursion for about $50.00 which is for a return coach trip with a few hours in KL. This appears to be an easy and reliable option.

Thoughts anyone???

Thanks

We had a stop at Port Kalang a number of years ago. We were on a ship tour which included the Petronas Tower shopping area. The bus left about 4.30/5.00ish and we got caught in traffic. Arrived back at the ship one hour after sail time!! Thank goodness we were on a ship tour. I think it would be worth the $50.

Diane

Does the ship's excursion include going up the Petronus Towers? If not, there is a chance you may be disappointed if there are lots of bookings that day.

If it only guarantees going to the shopping centre, which is very large but not the best in KL IMHO, then make sure you go straight to the tower access ticket office to book in, just in case it's busy.

Thoughts anyone???

Thanks

Best option is to do the ship transfer for $50.00. Lot 10 has changed over the years - but there is a bridge from Lot 10 over to another shopping centre - about four floors (sign posted) up in Lot 10. Petronis Towers are closed on Mondays. Here is a link to a site to pre book tickets before you go. It is a good hour into KL so bear that in mind.

http://www.petronastwintowers.com.my/ check it out on trip advisor for reviews

Hope this helps

Edited by dizzy1948

Port Klang is connected to the Kuala Lumpur MRT system and is fast and fairly frequent

Google the KL. MRT route map and timetable and you will find all you need

You don't have to worry about traffic Jams on the MRT and the trains are very modern electric trains

The only thing I cannot help you with is how far the Port Klang Railway Station is from the wharf. Google will probably be able to help you there too

I can guarantee you that it will cost far less than $USD50 to KL and back on the train

John

We were went there in January and I booked a day trip through wegowithanuar.com. The driver and guide was brilliant, took us to places we had previously not been to before. They have itineraries that a tailored to shore excursions but they will tailor make also. We got back to the ship in plenty of time and the traffic was fine.

Many thanks for all of your replies...as I will be travelling by myself, I think I will take the Princess excursion and have peace of mind that I will get back to the ship safely and on time. Sometimes it worth the money to have your hand held and be looked after.

The excursion doesn't include the tickets so will organise those on line before I go.

Again many thanks for all of your info....Judy

Many thanks for all of your replies...as I will be travelling by myself, I think I will take the Princess excursion and have peace of mind that I will get back to the ship safely and on time. Sometimes it worth the money to have your hand held and be looked after.

The excursion doesn't include the tickets so will organise those on line before I go.

Again many thanks for all of your info....Judy

I printed off my confirmation email but I also took a photo on my phone, which helped as I thought I had forgotten the email tickets.

http://www.petronastwintowers.com.my

Our tour left the port at 9.30am andI booked for 1pm to allow for two hours travelling to the shuttle stop and then another half hour to get to the Petronas Towers.They say you have to check in half an hour before, I suppose so they know how many extra on the day tickets they can sell. I always leave extra time and we could have made the 12.30 slot. We used the extra time to wander around the rather fancy shopping mall.

We used the GOKL free bus to get close to the Towers and then walked , though please note we are in our 50's and reasonably fit. We used the Monorail to get back to our pick up point. Just because we wanted to try something different.

There is a Food Court at the top of the shopping Mall next to the Petronas Towers where we ate at Madame Kwan's, our guide on the bus recommended this. we enjoyed a Malaysian Chicken Curry in very nice surroundings and the price was good. There was quite a few choices available.

I hope this helps.

Julie

Personally I would NEVER do any kind of DIY road transport using the Port Klang- KL highway. Like any highway, ( even the ones up here into and out of Brisbane) , they normally flow nicely - UNTIL THEY DON'T!!!!! Taking people to the airport here in Brisbane is a nightmare because you never ever know when the highway can block. We took two passengers off the QE on Friday, down to the Gold Coast - I was just PRAYING that it would be OK to bring them back to the ship. I allowed an hour more than it would normally take - and we just got back in time - and there were no real blocks , just very heavy and slow traffic!

We were there last year on HAL, took the ship transfer to the city, too easy.

The Metro station at Port Klang is miles away from the terminal, you would have to get a taxi to take you there. I believe the taxis have a fixed price arrangement amongst themselves that make it a very expensive trip for the distance.

$50 is peanuts to guarantee your peace of mind :)