**LIVE from Liberty of the Seas - 3/9/15**

We had breakfast at the hotel, and left for the port at 11:00. Glad we didn't rush, as boarding didn't begin until 11:30. We're in 1252. It's a grand suite, and we do have cushions on our balcony loungers.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

Already off to a great start! :)

Hello everyone,

Bags are packed and we're ready to begin our spring break adventure on Liberty of the Seas. Looks like another nice day tomorrow here in Chicago; no rain or snow in the forecast. Limo is scheduled to pick us up at 6:45 am for our flight from O'Hare to Miami. I have a shuttle service taking us from MIA to our hotel in Ft. Lauderdale.

We sail on Monday for 5-days with stops at Labadee and Ocho Rios. It will be our first time sailing on Liberty and first time out of Ft. Lauderdale. We're all super excited! :D

My alarm is set for 4am, and because of the time change, I'll be turning in early.

Watching your departure on my webcam and you are slated to depart at 4:44pm:)

ENJOY!!!!!!

Looking forward to your review. We will be on Liberty in June. Anyone have info on the wine pairings at Vintages? How much money? What's included? I think that is something my husband might be interested in.

Loralie

Hi everyone...just got the internet package, so I'm connected. I went with the unlimited for one device. It's actually not too bad, but not skype good. My daughter just tried from Chicago, and I had audio, but video hung.

So far we're having a great time. We were told there are over 1700 spring breakers on board, and I believe it! Absolutely wall to wall college kids out on the pool deck. Honestly though, I haven't witnessed any bad behaviour; and any interaction I've had has been good. Very well manered. They have separate bar stations set up around the pool deck selling beer and drinks of the day. I had no trouble finding a seat in the Solarium around 9:30 this morning, but around 11:00 it seemed like they were all waking up and making their way out to the pool deck. I'm cruising with my daughter and her friend, both on spring break, and we all went up to the suite area above the sky bar to grab chairs together there.

I feel very much like a solo cruiser on this trip, but it's not a bad thing. I was up early this morning, and went to breakfast in Chops by myself. I was the only one there, and that was at around 8:30. They were advertising a "Steak and Eggs" special available in Chops for $10, but it didn't look like anyone was taking advantage of that, or at least not at the time I was there.

I'm going to read through posts and see if there are any questions...and maybe try to post a test picture and see how they turn out from the tablet.

I haven't seen too many families with small children on this cruise, just a few. It really is literally wall to wall college kids. That said, the Concierge Lounge was like a ghost town last night. Very pleasant!

Hi everyone...just got the internet package, so I'm connected. I went with the unlimited for one device. It's actually not too bad, but not skype good.

I found it (net) pretty tolerable myself. Much better than in the past.

So far we're having a great time. We were told there are over 1700 spring breakers on board, and I believe i Honestly though, I haven't witnessed any bad behaviour; and any interaction I've had has been good. Very well manered.

I'd be awfully surprised if you don't do a 180 on that observation REAL soon. lol

That said; have a great cruise and keep posting!

Thanks for taking us along :). We're excited to be going on the Liberty in a few weeks as we haven't sailed her since the inaugural year.

Sorry you missed out on Coconuts in Ft. Lauderdale-it's one of our favorite places.

Thanks for taking us along. We will be doing a B2B on the Liberty in Sept. Really looking forward to that cruise.

I have a question about the shows. Someone on our roll call said it was recommended that you make reservations for "Saturday Night Fever". The only time I have ever made reservations for any shows was on the Oasis and the Allure. What can you or anyone else tell me about reservations on the Liberty.

How much was the unlimited one device Internet package, if you don't mind me asking? We are going on the Liberty next month and my husband will need to get online for work... Thank you for the info, and I am enjoying your posts![emoji1]

Any updates, thoughts, etc.?

Cruise ended today wonder how it was. Following another Liberty cruiser (rafinmd) who has not checked in since initial post yesterday either.. :confused:

Edited by evelyn51

Just got off Liberty. This was our second trip on Liberty and fifth with RC. Must say that the staff was very pleasant and always friendly, but I did get the impression they were understaffed - lots more tables to wait, few pool area waitstaff, room attendants tending to more rooms - everyone seemed more stretched than in previous cruises. For the most part the Spring Breakers were a lot fun and well behaved. Only negative was some inconsiderate behavior with jumping in lines during checkouts and departures. Bar lines were long though. Made all ports and ship seemed to be a full speed. If we had never cruised with RC previously we would likely have been satisfied because we wouldn't have known any better, but our previous trips (with ships other than liberty) had over the top hospitality. This time though every drink purchased required a trip to a bar requiring a minim of a 10 min wait. Not once did we have table or pool chair bar service. During meals - drinks were not refilled timely and after dinner coffees ordered were never brought. We had a nice trip and weather was great (but a bit windy) and food was good - it was just not the over the top hospitality we had experienced on previous trips. Wonder if staff has been cut back or if poor management is causing a trickle down negative effect, staff just seemed to be less joyful and exuberant overall.

Cruise ended today wonder how it was. Following another Liberty cruiser (rafinmd) who has not checked in since initial post yesterday either.. :confused:

Update:. rafinmd checked in today, yoo hoo! :)