NEW Suite Upgrades....

The 28 suites in Sky Class is for Quantum Class ships; I count 75 Sky Class suites on the Oasis Class ships. However, the number of Star Class suites is the same in both classes at 11 (there might be 1 more or less on the new Harmony since it has a slightly different layout on deck 17 from the Allure and the Oasis and it has the 4-bedroom family suite that is not on those ships). Interestingly, more of the Star Class Suites are available to couples on Quantum Class ships since the Quantum Class ships do not have multi-bedroom family suites in Star Class.

ok, that's a pretty decent difference between quantum and oasis class, though i guess to be expected given the larger overall size of oasis. even so, it's such a small number compared to the overall passenger capacity i'd think additional perks would be possible. i guess we'll see - hoping that some other posters are right and that royal eventually adds some perks to sky class.

we're spending 3 weeks on harmony next fall, including 2 weeks in a GS - they're going to be wishing they gave me free laundry. :D

I honestly think the suite program will eventually be rolled out to all the fleet. It will have to look different on various ship classes mainly due to lack of space and overall design of the vessels. They have to start somewhere. They usually roll out a concept on a particular class then as we have seen lately they will introduce it to other classes if they see it to be feasible. Look at the new signature dining options, flow riders and even as far back as rock climbing walls.

I haven't seen anything that says they are eliminating the suite life program on other ships or even attempting to scale back what is in place. Let's face it Oasis Class and Quantum class is where they have invested most of their money and will be for a while, they have to find ways to maximize options for guests to make sure they are a success long term. As one person pointed out these large ships aren't for everyone but they can make sure that most look at them if they offer cool benefits to those that are willing to spend the money

I think that they may at some point extend Sky Class and Sea Class to the rest of the fleet. All it would take is to make a portion of the main dining room into Coastal Kitchen the same way they made Luminae on Celebrity. Other than for Coastal Kitchen, the Sky Class and Sea Class perks are very easy to provide but not very interesting. However, unless they first expand Star Class to include Owners Suites, I do not see how they can extend Star Class to the rest of the fleet. It would only cover the Royal Suite and the Presidential Suite on Freedom Class ships and only the Royal Suite on all other classes. Would they add butlers and have a whole class of service for only 1 or 2 suites?

Edited by actuarian

I actually do not think it would be that difficult to add to other ships. The added cost of the cabin certainly pays for one extra crew member specifically assigned to the RS as a butler (if it would only apply to the top tier).

There is no reason why they could not section off an area of the dining room for tables for suite guests only. Adding free laundry service, free wifi, and free beverage package doesn't seem like any issue at all - especially with the limited number of cabins at the suite level on other ships. The reality is that all who even get the benefit may not use it. We travel in suites and not once have I ever used their laundry service - even the one free pressing for formal night. We rarely even use the concierge lounge. We are not big drinkers with the exception of a frozen drink once or twice on a seven day cruise so the unlimited drink package would be wasted on us.

I am surprised the new suite perks would in any way need to be exclusive to just two classes of ships. In any event, we book suites for the extra "real estate" alone and any perks we get are above and beyond. We are in an OS on our next cruise on FOS and I am just thankful that we are able to cruise - perks aside.

Edited by Sun and Fun

Can anyone tell me which of the hundreds of posts in this thread detail what this new program is all about?

The New Royal Suites Class is rolling out on Quantum and Oasis Class ships beginning May 1, 2016 with bookings made beginning September of 2015. Those that have an existing booking on any ship that departs after May 1, 2016 in either class will also be included in the new program.

You can go here http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=47400574&postcount=1239

Press Release from August 11 http://www.rclinvestor.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=103045&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=2078801

From the RCI Home Page http://www.royalcaribbean.com/royalsuiteclass

Edited by cruisenfever

Those that have an existing booking on any ship that departs after May 1, 2016 in either class will also be included in the new program.

We are in our first Grand Suite in Nov 2016, but it's on Liberty. When you say "any ship", do you mean ANY ship or just ones in the Quantum and Oasis class?

We are in our first Grand Suite in Nov 2016, but it's on Liberty. When you say "any ship", do you mean ANY ship or just ones in the Quantum and Oasis class?

I think either was meant to be Oasis Class or Quantum Class. They are the only two classes currently to get the new perks in May 2016.

Edited by A&L_Ont

The New Royal Suites Class is rolling out on Quantum and Oasis Class ships beginning May 1, 2016 with bookings made beginning September of 2015. Those that have an existing booking on any ship that departs after May 1, 2016 in either class will also be included in the new program.

You forgot to include the first sentence of my post which identified which class of ships.:D

You can go here http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=47400574&postcount=1239

Press Release from August 11 http://www.rclinvestor.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=103045&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=2078801

From the RCI Home Page http://www.royalcaribbean.com/royalsuiteclass

The September 1 date is meaningless now that they confirmed that currently booked cruises qualify.:)

ok, that's a pretty decent difference between quantum and oasis class, though i guess to be expected given the larger overall size of oasis. even so, it's such a small number compared to the overall passenger capacity i'd think additional perks would be possible. i guess we'll see - hoping that some other posters are right and that royal eventually adds some perks to sky class.

we're spending 3 weeks on harmony next fall, including 2 weeks in a GS - they're going to be wishing they gave me free laundry. :D

I may be in the minority but I hope they don't add any perks that I now have the option to buy. Keep the cabin price reasonable and my options open.. Some things I would enjoy would be having the suites ready for occupancy at noon, having a boarding day gold card lunch buffet and having priority luggage delivery.

I was going to book a cruise today and My TA just sent me an email and told me to wait till after the sept date to get the royal suite class program. She called royal to re confirm and they said any bookings prior to the sept date will not get the enhanced royal suite amenities.

Edited by mark22mac

I may be in the minority but I hope they don't add any perks that I now have the option to buy. Keep the cabin price reasonable and my options open.. Some things I would enjoy would be having the suites ready for occupancy at noon, having a boarding day gold card lunch buffet and having priority luggage delivery.

I feel that anything they add will drive up the cost of the cabin. As we are Diamond Plus and always sail on only an Oasis Class ship we are pleased with the current perks.

They should now add additional perks to the other ships that do not drive up the cost to cruise.

The September 1 date is meaningless now that they confirmed that currently booked cruises qualify.:)
I was going to book a cruise today and My TA just sent me an email and told me to wait till after the sept date to get the royal suite class program. She called royal to re confirm and they said any bookings prior to the sept date will not get the enhanced royal suite amenities.

See above. I believe that your TA should wait and call again on Monday.

Can you tell me where that is in writing from a royal site.

If your TA listened to the Webinar last week, it was stated that existing reservations would be included in the New Royal Suites Class program beginning May 1, 2016.

From the Press Release..."The Royal Suite Class will be available for sailings beginning May 2016 aboard Royal Caribbean's Oasis- and Quantum-class ships, Anthem of the Seas, Quantum of the Seas, Allure of the Seas, and Oasis of the Seas, as well as Harmony of the Seas and Ovation of the Seas when they debut in spring 2016". It says nothing about bookings made after September 1, 2015.

Edited by cruisenfever

If your TA listened to the Webinar last week, it was stated that existing reservations would be included in the New Royal Suites Class program beginning May 1, 2016.

From the Press Release..."The Royal Suite Class will be available for sailings beginning May 2016 aboard Royal Caribbean's Oasis- and Quantum-class ships, Anthem of the Seas, Quantum of the Seas, Allure of the Seas, and Oasis of the Seas, as well as Harmony of the Seas and Ovation of the Seas when they debut in spring 2016". It says nothing about bookings made after September 1, 2015.

Ok thanks but were so close to sept ill just wait.

They really ought to whack somebody at corporate on the head for that decision and ask "What were you thinking?" I think it would be an administrative nightmare to untangle all those booking dates and generate accurate lists of suite holders who will and will not get the new Suite Class amenities according to the date they booked.:eek: And then you have people who have an original booking date prior to Sept 2015 but make changes to the reservation after Sept 2015. How will that work? Will they hire extra staff to handle the paperwork, the complaints and sort out all the problems?

Based on what Critterchick and Cruisenfever have posted, somebody has realized just how difficult this situation would be to manage aboard the ships and they will just start the new benefits on May 1, 2016 regardless of the booking date. It'll take awhile for all the TAs out there to get the info and for all the RC folks to give the right info on the phone.

So call your TA back in a few days. Things change!

Judy

They really ought to whack somebody at corporate on the head for that decision and ask "What were you thinking?" I think it would be an administrative nightmare to untangle all those booking dates and generate accurate lists of suite holders who will and will not get the new Suite Class amenities according to the date they booked.:eek: And then you have people who have an original booking date prior to Sept 2015 but make changes to the reservation after Sept 2015. How will that work? Will they hire extra staff to handle the paperwork, the complaints and sort out all the problems?

Based on what Critterchick and Cruisenfever have posted, somebody has realized just how difficult this situation would be to manage aboard the ships and they will just start the new benefits on May 1, 2016 regardless of the booking date. It'll take awhile for all the TAs out there to get the info and for all the RC folks to give the right info on the phone.

Judy

This issue was also addressed on another social media website, and the official Royal Caribbean response was that any current suite booking on Oasis and Quantum classes would get the upgraded suite amenitiess for sailings after 5/1/16.

Agree that there is no way for them to keep accurate records onboard of when bookings were made -- it would be a logistical impossibility to keep a tally of who's who.

I think you have enough verification that suites booked prior to September 1 will be included to go ahead and book now. Prices are going to do nothing but increase, and if you pay a higher price and find others who booked early and got the same perks you're going to kick yourself. You can always cancel and rebook at a later date if you find out you need to do so to get the perks, but based on what RCI has put out so far I don't think that will happen.

This issue was also addressed on another social media website, and the official Royal Caribbean response was that any current suite booking on Oasis and Quantum classes would get the upgraded suite amenitiess for sailings after 5/1/16.

Agree that there is no way for them to keep accurate records onboard of when bookings were made -- it would be a logistical impossibility to keep a tally of who's who.

If it was me I'd book now. Why wait for any possible price increase between today and September 1st. Prices usually go one direction, and if it drops you can always ask for the decrease. Not to mention getting a specific cabin which might not be available in a couple of weeks.

Judy

Your TA was given incorrect information. Although I don't have it in writing, it was stated very clearly during the webinar that guests who are currently booked in suites for sailings after May 1, 2016, qualify for the new program and DO NOT HAVE TO CANCEL AND REBOOK TO GET THE NEW BENEFITS. The presenter also stated that the September 1 date is no longer effective.

I mean, really, can you imagine the crew running around removing ugraded bedding and taking away the Nespresso machines for bookings made before that date?

Book now if you think the price is attractive.

Your TA was given incorrect information. Although I don't have it in writing, it was stated very clearly during the webinar that guests who are currently booked in suites for sailings after May 1, 2016, qualify for the new program and DO NOT HAVE TO CANCEL AND REBOOK TO GET THE NEW BENEFITS. The presenter also stated that the September 1 date is no longer effective.

I mean, really, can you imagine the crew running around removing ugraded bedding and taking away the Nespresso machines for bookings made before that date?

Book now if you think the price is attractive.

I listened to the webinar as well and absolutely this is what was said. They were quite clear about the fact people already booked would receive the benefits (I mainly listened for confirmation of this) and that the September booking date was no longer relevant for this.

I don't think there ever was a reasonable amount of evidence to say otherwise, just incorrect information (unsurprisingly) and speculation being passed around.