Balcony Question

bjtomko

I have never sailed Oceania, but I am researching a cruise. We have previously been on Princess and Celebrity and always in a standard veranda cabin with a larger than normal balcony.

Can you help me understand the size of the balconies on the Regatta? Are there any cabins that have larger balconies, that are on the less expensive side? Looking for shade and ability for two to lounge as we like to spend time here and not in public spaces.

I have never sailed Oceania, but I am researching a cruise. We have previously been on Princess and Celebrity and always in a standard veranda cabin with a larger than normal balcony.

Can you help me understand the size of the balconies on the Regatta? Are there any cabins that have larger balconies, that are on the less expensive side? Looking for shade and ability for two to lounge as we like to spend time here and not in public spaces.

Actually less expensive side and Oceania really don't go hand in hand. To get a balcony that you can actually lounge on you'll probably have to go to the higher suites.

The Aft Concierge cabin balconies are a little larger than standard, but still not huge like an aft Concierge you would see on the M Class Celebrity ships.

Orv answered this question exceedingly well.

If you're looking for shade and a larger than normal sized veranda on the Regatta, the least expensive options would be 6000-6001 which are forward facing B1 Cabins between the Vista Suites or 6090-6093 which are aft facing B1 cabins between the Owners Suites. In the photograph below 6090-6093 are located just above the name of the ship where it is painted on her stern. The windows of the Grand Dining Room, which is on Deck 5 may be seen just below it.

b_125316.jpg

Mind you, if you are willing to go up to an A2 Category, Cabins 7000-7001 and 7116-7121 have a similar veranda setup, as do 8066-8069 on Deck 8, but because of the streamlined shape of the ships superstructure, the forward and aft facing cabins on the lowest deck (deck 6) also have the largest verandas.

The verandas of all of these Staterooms are between double and triple the size of a standard veranda (depending on which deck, as I've already mentioned) although the Cabins themselves are identical in size to any other.

These verandas are not wider than others on the ship, but they are deeper in that the distance from the outer cabin door to the veranda railing is greater.

This might be a good place to mention that the railing of these verandas is a solid steel bulwark, as opposed to an open railing, which is marvelous for blocking the wind, but might also be a visual block for persons of a shorter stature, while they are seated.

About two thirds of the area of these verandas are shaded by the overhang of the deck above.

FWIW we have been in 6090 and found the veranda to be a bit claustrophobic due to the conditions described by S & J.

Everybody has a different opinion. We loved 6090 and were very comfortable. We could sit and see the majesty of Alaska just fine. It did take a while to get used to folks looking down over you but the overhang would give you privacy. We are in same cabin this Jun again back to Alaska.

We are in same cabin this Jun again back to Alaska.

Let me try to wrap my head around this......

After the Winter which we have had, you're going to Alaska in June?

20150154c2cbcf32e11.pngOh well, anything for a change in scenery........ I guess....

Let me try to wrap my head around this......

After the Winter which we have had, you're going to Alaska in June?

Oh well, anything for a change in scenery........ I guess....[/font][/size]

Too funny :D

Deb is a begger for punishment I guess

Lyn

My car was encased in a block of ice for at least a month. It was released a week ago but only because I was able to back up in order to pull out of my space. (I needed to do that since parking restrictions were going to be enforced that day.) I had parked where there was a driveway in front of my car, and they very considerately gave me all of their extra snow. They did the same to the car on the other side of the driveway, of course.

Today being Tuesday I again had to move my car this morning, but snowplows had come through the prior Tuesday and we've had warmer weather, so moving the car was easier. (The street I'd been on the week before is better but still has lots of ice along the curbside.)

While I was waiting in the car this morning (to become legal) a convoy of snow plows came through. Our neighborhood is usually low on the totem poll for such services, so when I saw half a dozen snowplows I was surprised.

(OTOH, none of them turned down the side streets that still have a tremendous ice buildup ... They just keep on repeating on my main street -- such as it is, a one way street with legal parking only on one side of the street --which was pretty much cleaned up last week.)

NEW YORK, NEW YORK, IT'S A WONDERFUL TOWN! THE BRONX IS UP AND THE BATTERY DOWN. (To be sung with gusto.)

Still, I wouldn't mind an early Alaska cruise since I wouldn't have to trudge through the snow and ice unless I chose to!

Mura

For making me feel so blessed to live in Hawaii! Yesterday and for the past two days, it rained and got down to 75 degrees F, so I was getting depressed!:D

Weather is all relative it seems. I could certainly relate to SJ's post...we'd prefer some warmth, rather than Alaska, after our experience of this this past winter! In the upper Midwest, we have had near 50 the past few days, with some sun, and it seems everyone now has a skip in their step.:).

With the euro/dollar xrates (hat tip to the other thread) it did have me looking at what was available in the Southern Med and dreaming....