Reserving sunbeds Azura

cruisebore

Agree with comments re sunbeds but there is another selfish act which really annoys me and that is a couple sitting diagonally on a table for four in the buffet at lunch when space is at a premium. grrrrr !!!!!

The worst and most mind boggling occurrence I have seen in a P&O buffet occurred a few years ago on Ventura. An elderly couple each with a walking stick bagged a table for 4. They then laid their sticks across both sides of the table and walked to the buffet without them, each returning with a tray of food. They then sat next to one another on one side of the table with their sticks both laid across the table on the other side. If I had not seen it with my own eyes I would not have believed it.

The worst and most mind boggling occurrence I have seen in a P&O buffet occurred a few years ago on Ventura. An elderly couple each with a walking stick bagged a table for 4. They then laid their sticks across both sides of the table and walked to the buffet without them, each returning with a tray of food. They then sat next to one another on one side of the table with their sticks both laid across the table on the other side. If I had not seen it with my own eyes I would not have believed it.

Brilliant !!

To save any potential disputes or altercations, book the Retreat/Sanctuary then your personal reserved sunbed remains in an area of calm, for you to come and go as required.

I'm not paying extra for that, I'd rather get up early for a swim

Agree with comments re sunbeds but there is another selfish act which really annoys me and that is a couple sitting diagonally on a table for four in the buffet at lunch when space is at a premium. grrrrr !!!!!

Hubby and I have always sat across from each other in the buffet, didn't realise this was a big no no after 10 cruises.:eek: I like to be facing him when we are talking.:)

Hubby and I have always sat across from each other in the buffet, didn't realise this was a big no no after 10 cruises.:eek: I like to be facing him when we are talking.:)

My post stated that it was people sitting diagonally opposite making an obvious statement they were not prepared to share that I objected to.

The poster didn't say sitting across from each other he was commenting on people sitting diagonally on tables for4 when it was busy.

I think this thread is absolutely hilarious. How on earth do you notice so much going on around the pool areas with regard to sunbeds. I'm too busy enjoying my own company of friends. You must stand around forever wasting your day just getting all angry at the so called sunbed hoggers.

I can honestly say I've been on cruises with just hubby and I. Cruises with 6 other people and we like to chill by the pool and never have I ever seen or heard what's been written on here.

I've got too much to be doing on my cruise to be standing around watching how many people reserve beds and don't turn up. You would have to actually physically stand there for what length of time, to then start shouting at them that they had no right to go for a swim or brekkie and keep their bed...😀

As for people reserving beds until 4pm for the footie. Again how do you know if they're not there in the first place.

Maybe it's time to try a different type of holiday, where people only use sunbeds for half an hour at a time. That should suffice the sunbed police...👍😀

It's sounds as if everyone is really uptight and angry before they even go and are looking for issues.

To save any potential disputes or altercations, book the Retreat/Sanctuary then your personal reserved sunbed remains in an area of calm, for you to come and go as required.

I remember reading somewhere that booking the retreat DOES NOT guarantee you a sunbed!

My thread last year, Ventura - never mind the sun beds, caused quite a stir on this exact subject.

Perhaps P&O ought to use some common sense and install sufficient tables for two.

The group of friends I was with also agree that there was never any issues for us around the pool at anytime with sunbeds.

May one ask, as you, and your friends, have never encountered a problem in getting Sunbeds together, could it be your "group" are actually part of the early riser block booker brigade?:eek:

Obviously, then there would be no sunbed issues.:eek:

How do you know that they've not been on the bed all day and just popped to the loo, gone for a swim or went for a wee snack?

Unless of course you've been there all day watching the comings and goings

. Like I said I just don't have time for that.

sounds as if you get a bed no problem so not really an issue then.

If the empty beds happen to be beside you, and you are persistently being asked by others if the beds are occupied, then that would hardly constitute "watching the comings and goings".

Let's agree to disagree but by virtue of what I have described above, the practice does go on believe me.

If the empty beds happen to be beside you, and you are persistently being asked by others if the beds are occupied, then that would hardly constitute "watching the comings and goings".

Let's agree to disagree but by virtue of what I have described above, the practice does go on believe me.

Yes we can certainly do that but I can honestly say also, I can count on one hand the amount of times people have asked me that around the pool and like I said I don't pay one bit attention to anything that's going on other than my own company. So even if I was being asked, I probably wouldn't particularly notice why I was being asked.

Maybe because I go during school holidays I find hubby and I walking around the ship several times to see a sea of blue towels, so yes it most definitely goes on.:eek:

Unfortunately during school holidays it's us families that want to use the pool that can't find sunbeds, especially next to the pool, as they are usually filled with more mature passengers that aren't using the pool, complaining about wet children enjoying themselves, and walking past them...even though they have "adult only" pools and the open decks where they could lounge; read; eat; complain to their hearts content!!! Why take up places around the pool when you have absolutely no intention of using it???

I can honestly say I've been on cruises with just hubby and I. Cruises with 6 other people and we like to chill by the pool and never have I ever seen or heard what's been written on here.

So do you find it easy to find 6 sun beds together?

David.

Yes we can certainly do that but I can honestly say also, I can count on one hand the amount of times people have asked me that around the pool and like I said I don't pay one bit attention to anything that's going on other than my own company. So even if I was being asked, I probably wouldn't particularly notice why I was being asked.

What a strange answer, someone asks you if a particular sunbed is being used and you take no notice as to why you are asked ? Obviously too wrapt up in yourself to worry about others.

Having done many cruises I can honestly say that on every cruise I have taken

there has been a sunbed issue and usually heated arguments. On one a few years ago I asked a couple to keep an eye on our belongings whilst we had lunch in the buffet and said we would be 30 minutes at the most. They happily agreed to do so, when another man said " If you leave those beds, I'll remove your items for someone else to use the beds." I gave him a short sharp reply which I wont repeat here. I think 30 minutes absence is acceptable.

Once on Ventura I was starting an al-fresco lunch outside the buffet. A couple approached and the gentleman deposited a spectacle case and hat on an adjacent empty cable. 'would you mind watching these for as while we go and get some food' he asked. OK, I said. Anyway, having finished my meal and 2 mugs of tea nearly 30 mins had passed. hold on, i thought, it does not take 30 mins to collect food from the buffet. Having other things to do I popped down to reception and handed them over. did i do the right thing?

Once on Ventura I was starting an al-fresco lunch outside the buffet. A couple approached and the gentleman deposited a spectacle case and hat on an adjacent empty cable. 'would you mind watching these for as while we go and get some food' he asked. OK, I said. Anyway, having finished my meal and 2 mugs of tea nearly 30 mins had passed. hold on, i thought, it does not take 30 mins to collect food from the buffet. Having other things to do I popped down to reception and handed them over. did i do the right thing?

Absolutely! They might have been removed previously from a sun lounger who's occupant had been away too long, and they were trying to get someone else to take the blame :p

After following this thread till now, all I can say is I am REALLY glad that I'm not a sunbather :D

yes. For all you know they could have taken ill and have had to go to the medical bay

What a strange answer, someone asks you if a particular sunbed is being used and you take no notice as to why you are asked ? Obviously too wrapt up in yourself to worry about others.

Having done many cruises I can honestly say that on every cruise I have taken

there has been a sunbed issue and usually heated arguments. On one a few years ago I asked a couple to keep an eye on our belongings whilst we had lunch in the buffet and said we would be 30 minutes at the most. They happily agreed to do so, when another man said " If you leave those beds, I'll remove your items for someone else to use the beds." I gave him a short sharp reply which I wont repeat here. I think 30 minutes absence is acceptable.

I agree with all the comments on here about reserving sunbeds - I am an early riser and always go out for beds early on sea days and see lots of people going out and dropping towels and disappearing. I don't do this but we do leave our beds to have Breakfast and lunch for about 30 mins each and I don't think this is unreasonable. If we plan to leave for longer we give the beds up, but for a quick lunch I am not prepared to give them up.

I agree with all the comments on here about reserving sunbeds - I am an early riser and always go out for beds early on sea days and see lots of people going out and dropping towels and disappearing. I don't do this but we do leave our beds to have Breakfast and lunch for about 30 mins each and I don't think this is unreasonable. If we plan to leave for longer we give the beds up, but for a quick lunch I am not prepared to give them up.

I agree we have to eat [emoji3] I know on my last cruise we would be sunbathing etc and then i maybe go to gym and leave my wife soaking up the sun and I could be gone a hour. Should I give up my bed then return and find another bed elsewhere? (Well not a bad idea and leave my wife for a few hours[emoji6])

What would be radical is p&o to charge for sunbeds on a hourly rate now that my solve the reserving beds all day[emoji2][emoji2]

Bob

I agree that is reasonable. I don't think that people going away for 30 mins for lunch or breakfast is the problem. Its the ones who reserve them early on and appear at 11 am or later.

I agree we have to eat [emoji3] I know on my last cruise we would be sunbathing etc and then i maybe go to gym and leave my wife soaking up the sun and I could be gone a hour. Should I give up my bed then return and find another bed elsewhere? (Well not a bad idea and leave my wife for a few hours[emoji6])

What would be radical is p&o to charge for sunbeds on a hourly rate now that my solve the reserving beds all day[emoji2][emoji2]

Bob

At the risk of being flamed I think yes - you should give it up if you are leaving for an hour.

Other lines manage it well with deck or pool boys who leave cards on empty sunbeds and if they are not claimed within 30 mins, everything is removed and the sunbed freed up.