Differences on Diamond Lounge regarding overflow

From November 22, 2014 thru March 8, 2015 I have been on 4 different ships and each has treated the overflow for Diamonds and above differently.

Does anyone know if a new policy has been put in place per the new CEO or is it just different depending on the ship and/or the Concierge ?

Examples :

Independence of the Seas - 11/22/2014

Overflow in the DL was resolved by opening up both card rooms

Liberty of the Seas 12/1/2014 thru 12/20/2014 (4 b2b's )

For 2 cruises the card rooms were open and for the other 2 cruises the Viking Lounge was used with a sign by the entrance saying private party for Diamonds and up

Adventure of the Seas - 1/18/2015 & 1/25/2015

There was no overflow lounge, however the deck overlooking the basketball court was open with seating and bar stools for an additional 50 folks. Also of note for smokers, since the smoking is on the starboard side on this ship, smoking was allowed outside on 1/2 the deck.

Freedom of the Seas - 11/22/2015 & 3/1/2015

No rooms open for overflow. Also, the deck was closed for an unspecified reason.

On each cruise there was a 3 drink voucher loaded on your seapass for use in most bars during the DL happy hour time - 3 & 1/2 hours nightly.

When we were on the Liberty (Jan 2014) and on the Navigator(May/Sept 2014) it was just extended out around 3/4 the bar area

but other pax could still use the front of the lounge and have access to the other 25% of the bar

On the Serenade, a couple weeks ago the whole Vortex lounge was private for DL/CL with the big sign at the door

My last few cruises have varied quite a bit with regard to the overflow lounges for the CL/DL. On Freedom in October they used the two card rooms next to the VCL. On Legend in December they used a section of the VCL (pretty much all that's left of it on that ship). On Brilliance in January there was a small overflow area for the DL that extended out into the VCL.

In January when I was on the Adventure there were 275+ Diamonds and above the first week and 375+ Diamonds and above on the second week.

Ryno ( pronounced Ray - no ) was the DL concierge ( now the concierge on the Quantum ) and he told me that he could no longer open up other rooms (card rooms/VL) and that all Diamonds had to use the DL or go other bars.

Diamond+ & Pinnacles could use the CL.

In the last week of February Senor Butcher (the interim DL concierge ) told me there were 375+ Diamonds and above, while on the first week of March there were 275+ Diamonds and above.

He also told me that he could not open up other facilities for the overflow. The doors leading to the back deck were closed with signs saying "use in case of EMERGENCY ONLY ".

He would not tell me why the deck was closed.

After those last 2 cruises I have come to believe that the new CEO has stopped the practice of overflow rooms.

Ryno mentioned to me his budget would not warrant opening extra room for overflow.

What I was wondering is if any other recent cruisers have come to this same conclusion ?

GR DL just overflows into the South Pacific Lounge. So, just outside the DL and they rope off the area. I do know the DL on Vision is towards the entrance to the lounge while on GR, it's in the aft with great views.

Edited by BND