To all Baltimore Pride cruisers ....

griz400

We just got back on a 7 day cruise on Sunday, and Man, do you guys have a nice ship ........... We wish it was staying in Tampa bay ... :(

Should I tell you all about the Guys Burgers ??? Or the Blue Iguana ?? Or the Chocolate Buffet ?? Or, listed on the daily menus ... check this out .. You can order from the main dining room, directly from the steakhouse, and only a 20.00

charge per person -vs- 35.00 per person in the steakhouse ...

We had 2 comedians for 2 nights, we watched 2 shows (family and adult shows) then 2 days later, they got off ship and 2 more got on , and we watched 2 shows for another 2 nights ... 8 different shows from 4 different comedians ..

and there was standing room only ... get there early for first show, and stay for second ...

People say food wasn't so great in some earlier threads, but, we found it all good, shrimp cocktails, steaks, lobster tails (as many as you want ), Baked Alaska (our favorite dessert) ..endless breakfast choices, egg white omelettes

excellent ...huevos rancheros (on seadays) ..

I was on the Pride last May and I'm back on this May. Did they let everyone stay after the comedy show? Last year at the comedy shows they made you exit and get back in line after each comedy show. It was ery hard to see two in a row. People were lined up ther stairs and around the corner.

Can't wait to try Guys Burgers!

Yes you can stay, most people did, :), order a burger with a large onion ring, so you can put caramelized onions and sauteed mushrooms , it will hold em in place ...lol... Also .. bet you can't just eat one .. :) The grilled ruebens rock as well ...

Thanks for posting this! We're really getting excited for our cruise on the Pride, though it feels like it's a long way away. We will actually be on the ship exactly one year from this moment. (How can I possibly be expected to wait?!)

Edited by almendrada

We also just got off of the Pride.

I've seen Carnival food decline over the years but this cruise was a fantastic surprise. The food was a better quality than I've seen in years. Burrito/Taco bar was great, but open far to few hours. Guys burgers was also great and always open.

Main dining room was on par but had some phenomenal selections and only a couple of duds. (Red Snapper was returned to kitchen by two ladies at my table. Was like rubber.)

Ship is spotless. Galley is spotless (Chefs table) and pictures taken inside galley were welcomed. Ken (maitre d') sings like Sinatra.

Stewards and staff were on par. Only an occasional minor delay in getting/placing a drink order.

Dance club (Beauties) was nearly always vacant and I believe it's due to it's layout on this class of ship. (ie. Legend) Other Carnival ships clubs with different floor plans have been packed or much busier. Comedy club was well staffed with varied entertainers.

Embarkation/debarkation was incredibly fast and efficient. (Tampa)

Cabin was perfectly maintained. (Do miss the bowl of free bath goodies from days gone by though.)

Pride is my favorite Carnival ship to date. I'm looking forward to judging another!

Enjoy!

Glad you like the Pride. It's our favorite also. In fact, we'll be sailing on her in May, for the 4th time. Cant wait to see the 2.0 upgrades. Hope some of our favorite crew members are still there.

We, too, love the Pride:). We will be sailing out of Baltimore on our 3rd Pride cruise in November and really looking forward to it. And it's only a 2 hour drive from home. No flying to the port makes me very happy.

Glad you enjoyed your Pride cruise and thanks for taking care of her in Tampa!

Thanks for the quick report. I will be on her in 25 days, 2 hours, 37 minutes and 5 seconds. :D Can you tell I'm excited? :p

I hope you will do a review after your Pride cruise! I think you may be going on a similar itinerary to ours. :)

Quick Question about the Pride. Does the ship have an outdoor Jumbo Screen on the Lido Deck? How as the dance club? Good Music and DJ? Thanks!

It has the big screen, but not up in the air like a lot of the other ships. It's floor level with the pool (since the Pride has the retractile roof to close it couldn't be up high like some of them). :)

I hope you will do a review after your Pride cruise! I think you may be going on a similar itinerary to ours. :)

I most certainly will. :D