Travel card

Hi everyone we are going on the carnival sprit and thinking of using a travel card to pay for our sail and sign. Do these get charged and what forms of card did everyone use?

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi everyone we are going on the carnival sprit and thinking of using a travel card to pay for our sail and sign. Do these get charged and what forms of card did everyone use?

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Do you mean something like Travelex type card? if so -you can't use them to pay onboard account. They are not linked to any bank account - so therefore cannot be "locked down - or put on hold" (best description) against your onboard account. Hope that makes sense.

Edited by dizzy1948

The Travel Card is like a debit Visa/Mastercard issued by your bank that you load your own money on, has a pin number and covers 13 + different currencies. So it is like a credit card but no fees.

I have one linked to my Carnival account to use soon on my cruise over Easter :)

The Travel Card is like a debit Visa/Mastercard issued by your bank that you load your own money on, has a pin number and covers 13 + different currencies. So it is like a credit card but no fees.

I have one linked to my Carnival account to use soon on my cruise over Easter :)

Ah......I see - I didn't know about that type of "Travel card" just assumed (assumption can be troublesome sometimes :eek:) it was one of the good old fashioned money loading cards. :D