Set sail pass Question

gill11

Just paid my cruise off and was going to start on my set sail pass

I will be using a credit card to pay for any thing extra , should i hold off until maybe a week before we sail to put on my credit card details . Do they put a hold on a certain amount on your card when you register a card with them .:rolleyes: Thanks in advance

Just paid my cruise off and was going to start on my set sail pass

I will be using a credit card to pay for any thing extra , should i hold off until maybe a week before we sail to put on my credit card details . Do they put a hold on a certain amount on your card when you register a card with them .:rolleyes: Thanks in advance

Royal does not put holds on the credit card pre-cruise. They also usually require only the last 4 digits of the credit card number, so it should not be possible for them to charge the credit card.

I know that on a recent Explorer cruise, they wanted the full credit card number, but that has not been the case on subsequent cruises.

Edited by clarea

Royal does not put holds on the credit card pre-cruise. They also usually require only the last 4 digits of the credit card number, so it should not be possible for them to charge the credit card.

I know that on a recent Explorer cruise, they wanted the full credit card number, but that has not been the case on subsequent cruises.

When we did our check-in for Quantum last November, I had to put the entire credit card number in when doing the on-line Check-in. They still screwed up our account and it had to be corrected on board!!:D

I just did our check-in a couple of days ago for our cruise this Saturday and I though it was odd that they only wanted the last 4 digits of my credit card. As you state, they cannot charge anything with that. Not sure why they would only ask for that.

I just did our check-in a couple of days ago for our cruise this Saturday and I though it was odd that they only wanted the last 4 digits of my credit card. As you state, they cannot charge anything with that. Not sure why they would only ask for that.

They will ask to see the card at check in, and swipe or otherwise enter the full number then

They will ask to see the card at check in, and swipe or otherwise enter the full number then

Yes, but they can do that without getting the last 4 digits beforehand.

I guess my point is: what's the point in asking for the last 4 beforehand? :)

Yes, but they can do that without getting the last 4 digits beforehand.

I guess my point is: what's the point in asking for the last 4 beforehand? :)

Guessing that those 4 digits, the card type, and the expiration date are enough to identify the card for legal purposes, as we are signing a contract that we will pay them using that card. Basically so we don't have to sign anything at check-in.

Edited by clarea

I completed our Set Sail Pass for our upcoming cruise last week. Royal Caribbean now offers a secure site that gives you the option of registering your card before getting to the pier. Apparently it will save you a little more time at check-in if you register the card ahead of time. I can't say how well it works, I chose not to fully register my card. I'll wait until I get to the pier to check in.

Guessing that those 4 digits, the card type, and the expiration date are enough to identify the card for legal purposes, as we are signing a contract that we will pay them using that card. Basically so we don't have to sign anything at check-in.

Yes, maybe it is for their benefit and not mine. :)