Bogo50 drink package

instructions on website say to call with reservation number to claim offer, it appears you can get this deal with an existing reservation? Or no....

Sent from my KFTHWI using Forums mobile app

That would be nice to know since we are sailing in april 2016 on a 10 day and the full price of 2 drink packages would break our bank!

When you click on "Terms & Conditions" at the bottom left of the offer screen, it says that the offers are valid on cruises booked from March 11th to April 30th. But, maybe someone will try it on a current reservation and we'll see what happens!

Not sure exactly what you're asking...

Wife and I booked a RCI cruise two days ago on Expedia, and we got 2 free premium beverage packages, a free massage, and $200 on board credit. They are having one heck of a sale.

We did not call RCI, we booked through expedia. Does this help?

Just tried this as well as my sail date falls within the range... Talked to RCI and they wanted to rebook my reservation which was a big no from me because we got an outstanding deal on our cabin. I was then directed to call my travel agent and have her work with RCI to discuss options to get the BOGO 50% beverage package added. Still waiting on a call back from my travel agent.

Let everyone know of this is true for existing reservations that are payed in full. We are leaving on April 25th 2015 and are were going to purchase our drink package on board. But if I can use the bogo50 I will

I called. My bookings are in June and November 2015. It doesn't apply to either unless I want to cancel and rebook. It only applies to cruises booked from today-April 30. I booked my cruise over a year ago and the price has went up $1000 so rebooking is not an option.

Let everyone know of this is true for existing reservations that are payed in full. We are leaving on April 25th 2015 and are were going to purchase our drink package on board. But if I can use the bogo50 I will

Looked on the website; it's for booking reservations now through April 30th for sail dates on or after May 15th. We are leaving the same day you are which is why I was about to nab that deal if I could. Seemed too good to be true, which it was for us :( I will let you know if anything changes or my travel agent has any tricks up her sleeve.

In my case, if I had to cancel and rebook at today's prices I'd pay more than $500 more for my cabin, which means it doesn't make sense for me to rebook to get this BOGO50 pricing on the drink package.

A question for experienced cruisers: My sailing is November, 2015. If I bought a drink package today at full/regular price ... then a few months from now the price for drink packages goes up... is Royal going to charge me more? Or will they honor the price I paid for my package? They don't charge me more for my cabin, if I've booked at a lower price, so I'll assume they won't raise my drink package price. But is that a reasonable assumption?

Edited by sharse

In my case, if I had to cancel and rebook at today's prices I'd pay more than $500 more for my cabin, which means it doesn't make sense for me to rebook to get this BOGO50 pricing on the drink package.

A question for experienced cruisers: My sailing is November, 2015. If I bought a drink package today at full/regular price ... then a few months from now the price for drink packages goes up... is Royal going to charge me more? Or will they honor the price I paid for my package? They don't charge me more for my cabin, if I've booked at a lower price, so I'll assume they won't raise my drink package price. But is that a reasonable assumption?

We actually just checked on this today because RCI's website has higher prices on the drink package now then they did a week ago. Found out that the price advertised per day online now includes the gratuity amount, whereas before the gratuity would be added to the total price after. Your question was one I specifically asked and if you book and pay for the drink package now, they will honor it when it comes time to cruise.

Thanks everyone for chiming in. If I were to rebook, my cruise would be $500 more as well. Another reason the drink package price has increased is that the gratuity is now 18%. If it sounds too good to be true....😥

Edited by jakenashleysmom

So I just went to royals website to see if we qualify for this deal on our upcoming august trip and there is a number to call with your reservation number to have this added. Seems to me if they are asking you to call with a reservation number it must be good for cruises already booked without canceling and rebooking right?

I wanted to ask about the person who said that the prices of the drink packages included the gratuity?is tax included too??

I'm interested in the $49 a day package.

Thanks!!

The $49 per day package will cost $57.82 per day after the gratuity is added. If you are sailing out of the US, no tax will be added. If you are sailing out of Spain, then depending on the itinerary, there could be VAT tax added on top.

This was covered on another thread... but the short answer is, you can apply to your existing reservation (provided it falls within the date range specified), IF AND ONLY IF you reprice your current reservation under current fare pricing.

I called yesterday. My cruise is within the date parameters specified for the drink package promo. When I asked to apply the special to my existing reservation, the cruise rep said "before we do, let's see if it's actually to your advantage before we do that." Our original reservation included an EMT/FF discount and $200 OBC. I would have to reprice under current rates. I could keep my EMT/FF discount, but I would lose the OBC I have from the last promotion. In my case, after comparing all fares, discounts, promos.... there was a $3 difference overall. I left my reservation the same and will continue to look for other pricing changes that may be of more benefit to me.

Wife and I booked a RCI cruise two days ago on Expedia, and we got 2 free premium beverage packages, a free massage, and $200 on board credit. They are having one heck of a sale.

I just went to Expedia and did a mock booking I don't see the 2 free drink packages?

I didn't know you could book a cruise on Expedia or any other third-party booking site. Hmp. But do you get RCI points if you book through Expedia? I'm guessing you probably don't.

I just went to Expedia and did a mock booking I don't see the 2 free drink packages?

Me either. He must have booked before the change, because I see the same 'promo' on expedia as I see on RCL website. Which makes me wonder why bother to use an outside booking agent?

instructions on website say to call with reservation number to claim offer, it appears you can get this deal with an existing reservation? Or no....

Norwegian has a promo stated as the following:

3rd & 4th Guest Sail » 50% Off

Choose one:

Free Beverage Package » when booking an oceanview, balcony or mini-suite

Free Dining Package » when booking an oceanview, balcony or mini-suite)

Free Gratuities » when booking an oceanview, balcony or mini-suite)

Up to $300 Onboard Credit » All staterooms ($25 inside up to $300 suite) Per cabin, not per guest.

Haven/Suites » Get all offers (beverage, dinning, gratutities, $300 obc)

Haven and Suites automatically get all amenities. If you pick a Haven or any Suite you do not need to apply a promo code.

Insides and Studios automatically get onboard credit and are not eligible for Prepaid Gratuities, the Beverage Packages, or the Dining packages.

Oceanviews, Balconies, Spa Staterooms, and Mini-Suites get to choose any one of the above offers! The choice is yours.

I made a mock booking for 7 night western Caribbean for a mini-suite, mid-ship. Total $2400 ($400 deposit). Includes beverage pkg, dinning pkg, paid gratuities and $200 obc. WOW. Now THAT is a helluva good deal... almost too good to pass up.

Norwegian has a promo stated as the following:

3rd & 4th Guest Sail » 50% Off

Choose one:

Free Beverage Package » when booking an oceanview, balcony or mini-suite

Free Dining Package » when booking an oceanview, balcony or mini-suite)

Free Gratuities » when booking an oceanview, balcony or mini-suite)

Up to $300 Onboard Credit » All staterooms ($25 inside up to $300 suite) Per cabin, not per guest.

Haven/Suites » Get all offers (beverage, dinning, gratutities, $300 obc)

Haven and Suites automatically get all amenities. If you pick a Haven or any Suite you do not need to apply a promo code.

Insides and Studios automatically get onboard credit and are not eligible for Prepaid Gratuities, the Beverage Packages, or the Dining packages.

Oceanviews, Balconies, Spa Staterooms, and Mini-Suites get to choose any one of the above offers! The choice is yours.

I made a mock booking for 7 night western Caribbean for a mini-suite, mid-ship. Total $2400 ($400 deposit). Includes beverage pkg, dinning pkg, paid gratuities and $200 obc. WOW. Now THAT is a helluva good deal... almost too good to pass up.

Is this for a certain time frame? Looking at Summer 2016.