A Crossing but no flights?

babs135

Yes many people do this, however,in the end I think it would work out cheaper for you to have the full Cunard package. If you opt out of the Air fare you will only make a saving of £200 may be £250 pp .I'm not too sure if one can get to New York (British Airways) for around £200 ?

I've just rearranged a future transatlantic booking and cancelled the return by air I was offered a credit of £200 towards the new booking for the return crossing.

:)

One way air fares from the US to the UK are usually more than a roundtrip. Not sure if this is true UK to US. Cunard booked my last one way airfare and it was less than 20% of what I would have paid if booked on my own.

One way air fares from the US to the UK are usually more than a roundtrip. Not sure if this is true UK to US. Cunard booked my last one way airfare and it was less than 20% of what I would have paid if booked on my own.

Looking at end of the year,UK to New York,it's well I over £1000 one way!

Tips on using Cunard to book etc,are very helpful. Thanks..

Hi,

I did a westbound crossing on the QM2 in November 2014 and booked my own air from Chicago to London. Because most US airlines charge a ridiculous premium for a one-way transatlantic flight, I used miles for the airfare. Also, I am booked on an eastbound crossing on the Queen Victoria for April 2015 (last segment of the world cruise). I am using miles for my return air from London to Chicago. If I didn't have the miles, I would look into booking the air through Cunard.

Chuck