Cookies and snacks

SugarRush

I know there are guys burgers etc to be had if you are hungry but what if you just want a little snack? I sometimes don't want a meal at lunch if I've had breakfast but could go a little snack. Are cookies or something similar available anywhere on board?

It's the vista we are on so I know no one really knows about that specific ship but what are your experiences on other carnival ships?

I know there are guys burgers etc to be had if you are hungry but what if you just want a little snack? I sometimes don't want a meal at lunch if I've had breakfast but could go a little snack. Are cookies or something similar available anywhere on board?

It's the vista we are on so I know no one really knows about that specific ship but what are your experiences on other carnival ships?

...I'm guessing you're a first time cruiser, so here is something you should always remember... "You'll NEVER go hungry!"

...As others have mentioned, Carnival ships have not only 24 hour ice cream/yogurt, but 24 hour pizza. There is also almost always something else available (buffet, deli, burgers) from early morning to late evening.

...But, most importantly, there is ALWAYS Room Service! Nice menu for a quick meal or snack with no additional cost... and it is included in your cruise fare! Again, as mentioned, bring single dollar bills for tipping the room service waiter.

...See, this cruising thing is a piece of cake! (pun intended)

The chocolate chip cookies are sooo good! They are sweet with a little salty aftertaste. Yum!

Cookies and other sweets have been available at the dessert station (Is it called Sweet Spot on all ships?) during meal hours. We have often taken a few back to our stateroom to enjoy later.

As others have posted, cookies available during buffet opening times, as well as room service. Also, at the specialty coffee shop there will be cookies available for a small fee. I think under 2.00, and they will be substantial cookies like all the cakes and desserts in that display case. I personally have not yet tried them, but if all else fails, there are these.:)

The chocolate chip cookies are sooo good! They are sweet with a little salty aftertaste. Yum!

Cookies and other sweets have been available at the dessert station (Is it called Sweet Spot on all ships?) during meal hours. We have often taken a few back to our stateroom to enjoy later.

We always take a bowl of cookies back to the cabin for late night munchies ;) .

Also, you can ask you room steward to remove your mini fridge items so you can have it as a fridge.

We learnt from other cruisers to have ziplock bags with us so we stored some breakfast rolls and cold meats/cheeses (from breakfast) etc in bags in our fridge as well as cold pizza (I adore cold pizza...do not ask why) and juices from breakfast (they stop free juice in the day).I also had a pasta salad that I could not eat after bringing it from Lido in there. We also bought crisps and chocolate in port.

Room service is obviously easier but if you want certain things... :D

They are my favorite as well! I also stock up on them for the room later;)

The chocolate cake from room service is great. You can order that with coffee or milk anytime.

The late night grill also has cookies and brownies available. These are great to snack on when you are watching a late night movie at the outside "Dive in Movie".:cool:

I've onlybeen on the Pride but was disappointed with the small hard cookies on the buffet. I only saw good looking CC cookies at the coffee bar for a fee. Are the CC cookies from room service or from the kids menu better than the ones from the buffet? I missed the great cookies on RC and Princess. I think Carnival beats those CLs in ice cream and pizza though!

You don't need a bunch of dollar bills in order to tip for room service or any service. You sign when you get room service even though there won't be a cost and there is a line to add a tip. Of course, cash is acceptable but don't worry about always having cash. I don't like traveling with a lot of cash, it makes me nervous.

The folks who bring bowls, big baggies, totebags and boxes to squirrel away food remind me of the story one poster recounted a few years ago when she saw a woman remove a whole metal platter of chicken off the buffet and take it with her.

Thank you so much guys. Yes I'm a first time cruiser so it's all new to me [emoji4]

I always carry zip lock bags in my bag anyways so looks like they will come in handy. I don't mind parting with a few bucks for a nice cake or cookie either so I'll bear the coffee bar in mind when I want a treat. I drink a lot of coffee anyway.

BigB002 thank you for that tip, as its free apart from the tip I wouldn't have thought I could add it to the account [emoji106] although the only thing is do they definitely get that tip or is it pooled?

So much to learn [emoji4]

My wife and I planned ahead each night. We knew we would get the drunken munchies most nights, so before we would go out for the night, we would fill out the room service sheet or call room service and order a bunch of munchies so that when we got back for the night, we would be able to indulge and not worry about having to find something thats open.

One of the first things we do when we get onboard is to order room service for about 3 orders of cookies. We put the cookies in a gallon size ziplock bag and eat them all week. The other big advantage to this is they come on a tray with a plate cover. We save this plate cover by stashing it away in a drawer when we are not using it. Then, any time we want to go to the lido buffet and bring back a plate of food, we take it with us to cover the plate.

Thank you so much guys. Yes I'm a first time cruiser so it's all new to me [emoji4]

I always carry zip lock bags in my bag anyways so looks like they will come in handy. I don't mind parting with a few bucks for a nice cake or cookie either so I'll bear the coffee bar in mind when I want a treat. I drink a lot of coffee anyway.

BigB002 thank you for that tip, as its free apart from the tip I wouldn't have thought I could add it to the account [emoji106] although the only thing is do they definitely get that tip or is it pooled?

So much to learn [emoji4]

And if you just want a light lunch, Carnival always has a nice salad bar out at lunch (and supper) on Lido, and you can also look for the soup pot on the buffet too. Carnival makes some wonderful homemade soups that would make a nice light meal.

And if you just want a light lunch, Carnival always has a nice salad bar out at lunch (and supper) on Lido, and you can also look for the soup pot on the buffet too. Carnival makes some wonderful homemade soups that would make a nice light meal.

Aw that's brilliant to know. I'm hoping to be maintaining my target by then so it's good to know I can watch the figure too and balance it all out [emoji106]

One of the first things we do when we get onboard is to order room service for about 3 orders of cookies. We put the cookies in a gallon size ziplock bag and eat them all week. The other big advantage to this is they come on a tray with a plate cover. We save this plate cover by stashing it away in a drawer when we are not using it. Then, any time we want to go to the lido buffet and bring back a plate of food, we take it with us to cover the plate.

Brilliant idea. Love all the little tips everyone shares on here [emoji4]

The problem with the room fridges is that they really don't get cold enough for safe food handling. They're more like coolers rather than real fridges.

They are okay for a day or two....we never got sick on our cruises eating the food stored in there.

Edited by Velvetwater