Booking the Thermal Suite on Veendam

galensgrl

Hello everyone. We are travelling on the Veendam in May, and I have gone on to prebook some dining and indulgences. I heard that the upcharge dining fills quickly with reservations, so I made sure I got the times we really want on those evenings. I wanted to book the Thermal Spa for the week, but I don't see it listed with the other spa services. Is it possible to call Shipboard Services and prebook that part of the Spa, or do we wait until we are onboard to do that? I will go and do it first thing if that's the case, we would really love to try it, especially mornings and evenings on port days. Any info about booking is appreciated, thank you.

Lorie

You can order by calling Ship Services at 1–800–541–1576 or wait until you board. It is usually cheaper on board but if you decide to book at the higher price before the cruise, the difference will be refunded to your onboard account. Just make sure you bring all you confirmation e-mails to show what you actually paid.

Keep in mind that the Veendam (none of the S- and R-class ships) have the nice T-pool that the Vista and Signature ships have. They have a small hot tub instead.

The price for the same length cruise should be less on this ship because of that.

I've booked the thermal suite twice, once on Maasdam and once on Veendam. Both times we did it after lunch on the day we boarded. They do have a special price on that day.

On both ships this gives you access to the ceramic loungers and the private hot tub. The hot tub is on the small side, but the ambiance is nice. There are also the aroma showers in the suite.

I don't recall the price exactly anymore and it was several years ago, so it probably wouldn't be valid at this point, but the Maasdam was a 7 day cruise and I'm thinking it was around $100 each for a couple. The Veendam was a 17 day cruise and it was significantly higher, but I thought it was reasonable, given the length.

Debbie

I've booked the thermal suite twice, once on Maasdam and once on Veendam. Both times we did it after lunch on the day we boarded. They do have a special price on that day.

On both ships this gives you access to the ceramic loungers and the private hot tub. The hot tub is on the small side, but the ambiance is nice. There are also the aroma showers in the suite.

I don't recall the price exactly anymore and it was several years ago, so it probably wouldn't be valid at this point, but the Maasdam was a 7 day cruise and I'm thinking it was around $100 each for a couple. The Veendam was a 17 day cruise and it was significantly higher, but I thought it was reasonable, given the length.

Debbie

The most recent price I've heard for a couple to buy a one week pass for the Thermal Suite is $199. Not sure if that is the full price or the discount price onboard. I just think it would be nice to do a sauna if possible, the hot tub and heated ceramic loungers. It just sounds so destressing that I am really looking forward to trying it. They didn't have anything like it on NCL, just regular spa treatments and massages. I am so looking forward to HAL, just to have a new cruising experience will be nice.

Lorie

Keep in mind that the Veendam (none of the S- and R-class ships) have the nice T-pool that the Vista and Signature ships have. They have a small hot tub instead.

The price for the same length cruise should be less on this ship because of that.

That makes sense that the pass would be a little less due to having a hot tub and not a full thermal pool. Maybe the $199 is for the Thermal Suite on one of the newer ships. We (or rather I lol) are alotting $200 for the spa, just in case. We tend to not do booked excursions any more, so money that would have gone for excursions in the past will hopefully cover our spa pass.

Lorie

The most recent price I've heard for a couple to buy a one week pass for the Thermal Suite is $199. Not sure if that is the full price or the discount price onboard. I just think it would be nice to do a sauna if possible, the hot tub and heated ceramic loungers. It just sounds so destressing that I am really looking forward to trying it. They didn't have anything like it on NCL, just regular spa treatments and massages. I am so looking forward to HAL, just to have a new cruising experience will be nice.

Lorie

Do you know if they offer day passes to the thermal suite as well? I'm not sure I would go every day but may want to check it out for a day or two.

Do you know if they offer day passes to the thermal suite as well?

You may purchase a day pass to the thermal suite provided that the maximum number allowed hasn't been sold on a full cruise basis.

There are a limited number of passes available.

Any idea on the price for day passes?

I won't swear to it, as I've never tried to purchase a day pass. I will say that I think I remember reading on here that it's $40 per day for one person.

Lorie

That price sounds about right for a couple's pass. My sister and I split it and the spa was nice enough to split the bill on our room charges as well. It is a nice respite after a day of touring, especially if you do anything strenuous. I loved it in South America/Antarctica. I could sleep well on those ceramic loungers!

Debbie

I won't swear to it, as I've never tried to purchase a day pass. I will say that I think I remember reading on here that it's $40 per day for one person.

Thanks for the info again, Ruth!

$40 is quite a bit for 1 day when the price is only $100 for 7 days! :eek:

I may pass on it if it's that much but I'll see once on the ship.

I bought a Thermal Suite pass onboard when the price went down (Veendam, PCanal, 2014).

So glad I did.... it was quiet, and relaxing. Ceramic heated lounges, steam room, Jacuzzi, showers, all in one area. Stay as long as you like. At most, there would be 3 other people there at the same time. A wonderful escape.

Edited by Boatdrill

Thanks for the info again, Ruth!

$40 is quite a bit for 1 day when the price is only $100 for 7 days! :eek:

I may pass on it if it's that much but I'll see once on the ship.

It is, but remember that to get the $199 price you have to buy 2 person pass. One person pass is more, about $140 as I recall.