Miami Cruise Port - few hours between two one week cruises

hotlady29

Hello to all the experts out there,

Am travelling on Carnival Glory in June on two separate one week cruises.

Carnival itinerary has her arriving at 8 am and departing at 4 pm. What can we do in the few hours which we are docked. Presuming that you can walk off Miami cruise port as last time we were there we were taken directly to the ship and on return picked up a airport shuttle directly outside the ship. We then left luggage at airport and caught the Airport Flyer bus to South Beach and spent day there until returning to airport for flight home.

Know that the HO HO buses will be around somewhere but is there anything else we can do in the few hours available to us

Many thanks in advance for the advice I know I will get from you,

Elaine

I've never done B-to-B, so I am assuming you will not have bags? :confused:

If you cab to Bayside Market (about $10 from POM) I think you can catch the HO-HO busses from there. Otherwise I would cab to South Beach (about $15+) for people watching, lunch, drinks, etc. and then cab back to POM in the early afternoon to check in.

Thanks

As we are from the UK it pays to do the two cruises together with a flight package. Doing some islands which we enjoyed a couple of years ago.

No we will not have luggage - that will be staying unpacked on the ship for another week. Don't know if Carnival do come in as late as they state, perhaps regular Carnival cruisers can advise me??? I know that they went out of port way before Oceania Cruises left port when we were there.

Mostly cruised out of the UK and they state that they will dock at about 7.am or around that but invariably they are docked already at 5 am or just afterwards. Perhaps Carnival come in earlier than they state. Have just looked up taxi fares to South Beach from the Port and it is coming in around 25 dollars or just over. As there are 3 of us it would be cheaper to get a taxi than to pay 3 HO HO fares.

Still any other feedback from any other cruisers out there will be appreciated.

Elaine

you've asked this in several places and several times and I've answered at length ... looking for more?

or collecting replies to add up the recommendations for a winner?

note OP is familiar with going to SoBe

Edited by Capt_BJ

you've asked this in several places and several times and I've answered at length ... looking for more?... or collecting replies to add up the recommendations for a winner?

Capt_BJ, sometimes people accidentally post something twice; the times are slightly different - perhaps OP just couldn't find the first time she posted it? :(

Anyway, OP hotlady29 - would you mind taking a look at your signature and fixing it? You seem to have copy and pasted ALL of the instructions when you were making your countdown clocks. Check your posts above and you will see what I mean.

Enjoy your B2B cruise. :)

As you may know, you will have to get off the ship since all guests must go through immigration/customs including those staying on. You can't return until the ship has been cleared.

You have several options.

One is to take a taxi to South Beach where you can walk around and take in the iconic sites and also people watch and possibly do some shopping and/or have a light meal. The distance is about 20 minutes by taxi.

Another option is to take a 10 minute or less drive over to Bayside and walk around the area for a couple of hours.

Keith

you've asked this in several places and several times and I've answered at length ... looking for more?

note OP is familiar with going to SoBe

As far as I am aware have only asked this question once on this forum. Perhaps you are reading someone elses as well. Have replied to other people on other subjects about what to do before leaving later that day - perhaps that is what you are reading

As far as I am aware have only asked this question once on this forum. Perhaps you are reading someone elses as well. Have replied to other people on other subjects about what to do before leaving later that day - perhaps that is what you are reading

hmm

quick search of 'all posts by"

yes I said you've asked on other forums but

these are the ones I find with the same subject line ... there are others ....

March 21 1:49

March 15 7:53

March 15 7:24

March 14 12:33

If I spend 30 minutes building you a reply and you ask the same question the next day, I feel I wasted my time . . .