Britannia storage space

Holly24

Hi

Can anyone give information on the amount of storage on board in cabin please. From the pictures I have seen there seems to be a lot less storage space in the cabins, I haven't seen any bedside cabinets in the single balconys, but maybe the person who designed it doesn't wear glasses or worry about where they put them. How much space does the (to me) pointless mirror on the dressing table take up (I prefer to see all of my face when applying makeup). I have a single balcony cabin booked for the Caribbean and from pic I've seen I think I should have booked Azura.

Many thanks

H

Hi

Can anyone give information on the amount of storage on board in cabin please. From the pictures I have seen there seems to be a lot less storage space in the cabins, I haven't seen any bedside cabinets in the single balconys, but maybe the person who designed it doesn't wear glasses or worry about where they put them. How much space does the (to me) pointless mirror on the dressing table take up (I prefer to see all of my face when applying makeup). I have a single balcony cabin booked for the Caribbean and from pic I've seen I think I should have booked Azura.

Many thanks

H

Hi Holly24

Sorry can not help on storage, but we have a roll call for 29/30 Jan if you would like to join us

Mrs Blue Sky

Edited by Mr Blue Sky

Yes Britannia might be a clone of Royal Princess but the cabins on Britannia (I am talking about balcony cabins) are smaller than on the Royal (17q ft smaller)!!

ROYAL PRINCESS Balcony 222sq ft BRITANNIA Balcony 205sq ft - I am not a Happy Bunny about this

Yes Britannia might be a clone of Royal Princess but the cabins on Britannia (I am talking about balcony cabins) are smaller than on the Royal (17q ft smaller)!!

ROYAL PRINCESS Balcony 222sq ft BRITANNIA Balcony 205sq ft - I am not a Happy Bunny about this

Where did you get this info, I have seen on one website where Royal and Britannia are identical, but on Choosing Cruising, which is my preferred site neither Royal or Regal have any details showing as yet.

You can get this from Princess & P&O websites where it clearly states the sizes - and our Travel Agent confirmed our Balcony size for us last week when he was onboard Britannia - we have 2 cruises booked on Britannia and I am feeling very disappointed as there is less storage space than on Azura & Ventura - a ship that size and the cabins are smaller!!!!! I know the Royal & Britannia are exactly the same size John but totally different inside

Hi

Many thanks

H

There is plenty of hanging space with a long shelf above. There is also a narrow shelf unit with 5 shelves. Drawer space is limited. Double cabins have one bedside cabinet with the end of the main desk unit the other side. Cabins are a reasonable size but balcony is smaller than on most ships. It is however adequate for sitting on. Britannia is a beautiful ship. Decor is attractive with lots of amenities. She rides the waves well, no really rough seas yet but she has dealt well with imperfect conditions thus far. The main criticism is the lack of a midships staircase which puts too much pressure on the lifts. I am confident you will enjoy cruising on her unless you have already made your mind up that she is the wrong ship for you

I think the cabins are the same size on Britannia as on the Princess pair. However, you have to be careful that you are comparing like with like. On all of three of these ships there are 3 classes of balcony cabin. P&O calls them 'Balcony with shower and without sofa'; 'Balcony with shower and sofa'; and 'Superior deluxe balcony with bath/shower'. They are, respectively, 174 sq ft + 36 sq ft balcony; 185 sq ft + 36 sq ft balcony; and 243 sq ft + sq 36 ft balcony. The Princess ships have the same cabins with the same sizes but they're given different names: Balcony; Deluxe Balcony; and Mini-suite, respectively.

(Have a look at cruisedeckplans.com .)

Edited by tom_uk

As I said I already have 2 cruises booked on BRITANNIA - Baltic in May (2 weeks) and Caribbean in DEC/Jan for a month) I believe that the hanging wardrobe space is smaller than Azura & Ventura and as you said lack of drawer storage space - you say that there is a cupboard at the end of the dressing table - is that not where the fridge is though????

They have also taken away the storage unit that houses the fridge, tv and also gave you a shelf above fridge for kettle, cups, glasses & small ice bucket,(Azura & Ventura) this to me kept everything neat and tidy - I do not like the idea of the kettle and cups sitting on the dressing table where I will be drying my hair - think they should have spoken to more regular cruisers re what they think is needed or suited in cabins rather than to 20000 people many who have never been on a ship before

Not sure if there is a little table in Balcony cabins now or not but again that in my opinion is good to have I think cutting the Balcony cabins by 17sq ft is actually quite a lot - probably would,t have minded if they still gave us bedside cabinet and storage cupboard at dresser instead of putting Fridge in it - the ship does look amazing but I am feeling disappointed at the moment - especially if you are on for a month or more, I don't feel the space is adequate - sorry

Yes, I am comparing like for like on P&O & Princess Balcony cabins i.e.: P&O Balcony Cabin (without sofa) HA Grade 205q ft and Princess Balcony cabin (without sofa) BA Grade 222q ft with the Royal (from experience) better laid out cabin with bedside cabins and adequate storage - I really wish P&O had made the interiors of cabins the same as Princess - love our cruises don't ever really have anything to gripe about but as I have previously said I am left feeling disappointed (this is only from my point of view and what I look for in my cabin whilst onboard)

There is plenty of hanging space with a long shelf above. There is also a narrow shelf unit with 5 shelves. Drawer space is limited. Double cabins have one bedside cabinet with the end of the main desk unit the other side. Cabins are a reasonable size but balcony is smaller than on most ships. It is however adequate for sitting on. Britannia is a beautiful ship. Decor is attractive with lots of amenities. She rides the waves well, no really rough seas yet but she has dealt well with imperfect conditions thus far. The main criticism is the lack of a midships staircase which puts too much pressure on the lifts. I am confident you will enjoy cruising on her unless you have already made your mind up that she is the wrong ship for you

Hello, Sounds like you are having a great time onboard Britannia, we did know about the lack of midships staircases (same as Royal Princess) don't know why they would have the design like this - I don't want to be feeling the way I am about the ship as we love our Cruising - all for a few more drawers and a cupboard:) but I do like a home for all my bits and pieces and to be neat & tidy - enjoy the rest of your Cruise

You can get this from Princess & P&O websites where it clearly states the sizes - and our Travel Agent confirmed our Balcony size for us last week when he was onboard Britannia - we have 2 cruises booked on Britannia and I am feeling very disappointed as there is less storage space than on Azura & Ventura - a ship that size and the cabins are smaller!!!!! I know the Royal & Britannia are exactly the same size John but totally different inside

Yamanid, despite what you might read on any website I am fairly certain that the cabin dimensions on Royal and Britannia will be identical for the equivalent grade of cabin. The ships have the same overall dimensions, are built at the same yard, have very similar cabin numbers except that Britannia has some single cabins, and the cabins will have to be exactly the same size to fit into the alloted space.

So whatever you have read about peoples reviews for Royal and Regal, for accomodation and storage you can expect the same on Britannia. In fact I would expect them to have almost identical storage space to Azura/Ventura from the schematics shown.

Edited by terrierjohn

John, I keep thinking (hoping) that P&O are quoting the 205q ft for our Balcony Cabin minus the size of Balcony which would then make it 222sq ft approx - the same as Royal Princess I know for a fact that the storage space we are going to have on Britannia compared to Azura/Ventura is definitely less but all booked now and short of taking a bedside cabinet and a cupboard with us we will have to make do:) A friend of ours was on Britannia last week for 2 days and gave us photos of Cabin

John, I keep thinking (hoping) that P&O are quoting the 205q ft for our Balcony Cabin minus the size of Balcony which would then make it 222sq ft approx - the same as Royal Princess I know for a fact that the storage space we are going to have on Britannia compared to Azura/Ventura is definitely less but all booked now and short of taking a bedside cabinet and a cupboard with us we will have to make do:) A friend of ours was on Britannia last week for 2 days and gave us photos of Cabin

Yamanid, I would check out You Tube there are several videos there showing different cabin grades, these might put your mind at rest, I think they look almost identical size to Azura.

I am currently on Britannia so I know for a fact what my cabin is like. The hanging rail in our standard cabin is about 8 feet long. The shelf over the rail is the same length but it does have 2 life jackets taking up some space. The tall shelf unit has 5 shelves about 12 inches square plus a sixth for the safe. The bedside table has two drawers of good depth. The desk / work top unit has a long shallow drawer with the fridge underneath it at the window end. There is a small coffee table. I realise some people prefer more drawer space but you cannot please everybody. I repeat what I said earlier that there is plenty of storage space on Britannia. Our standard balcony cabin has as much useable floor space as any other ship we have been on. The balcony is quite small. My wife and I are both sitting outside on it at the moment. Neither of us are midgets. These are facts taken from where I am at the moment, not from photographs

Edited by pete14
Error in autocorrecting

I am currently on Britannia so I know for a fact what my cabin is like. The hanging rail in our standard cabin is about 8 feet long. The shelf over the rail is the same length but it does have 2 life jackets taking up some space. The tall shelf unit has 5 shelves about 12 inches square plus a sixth for the safe. The bedside table has two drawers of good depth. The desk / work top unit has a long shallow drawer with the fridge underneath it at the window end. There is a small coffee table. I realise some people prefer more drawer space but you cannot please everybody. I repeat what I said earlier that there is plenty of storage space on Britannia. Our standard balcony cabin has as much useable floor space as any other ship we have been on. The balcony is quite small. My wife and I are both sitting outside on it at the moment. Neither of us are midgets. These are facts taken from where I am at the moment, not from photographs

Thanks Pete14 for the clarification. Nothing can beat someone actually sitting in the cabin and giving actual facts.

I was always under the impression the cabin sizes on Britannia were identical to Royal & Regal but with the inclusion of single occupancy cabins only.

THANK YOU Pet14 for your valued information I maybe take far too much with me when cruising and look for as much storage as possible - without having to leave them in any suitcase - I knew about the small balconies but that didn't bother me as much as 'The Storage I would have' we always go to C Deck on Azura & Ventura where the balconies are huge

Where on Britannia are your glasses (drinking) and small ice bucket kept:)

Thanks again and ENJOY the rest of your Cruies :)

Yamanid I am just wondering if you should delay your cruises until people have returned from the first few and have started posting reviews and pix on the net.

One does feel that as you feel soo negative about Britannia at the moment that you may not enjoy her as much as you could as you would be looking for the negatives, ref storage.

I know I would never ever go on her as she is too big for us...but as we have slowly made our way up cabin sizes on different ships we have always managed to find a home for something and everything. We do not worry before we go..we go, see whats' its like when we get there, then sort things out.

Both of us are chronic over packers clothes wise ,but we squash them in . I also wear glasses and have always found a home for them close by.

Thanks for sharing.

For info to others if you book an IB, IC or IE grade balcony cabin there are two bedside tables and the single chair is replaced with a small sofa due to a slightly different layout. We have two of those cabins next week as we felt for our Mums travelling together in one of the cabins they would value a bedside table each and a sofa.

Here is a pic:

43d011c6f85859e64bf2a15bdaaccaf3.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you so much for the photo of Balcony Cabin with sofa - hindsight is a great thing should have booked one of these Cabins or above but we booked the Month December & January one last March before we really had anything to go on and also the May Baltic one - we have done 35 cruises (but still young) and I have never had this before - as the English lady said just go and enjoy!!! :) Thanks

Thank you all for your comments and info. I'm joining a group of friends on board and we all decided to try a new ship. I will keep an open mind. The photos and videos I've seen make me think that the single balcony cabins are quite spacious. It's for two weeks and not the end of the world if you don't like a ship, you just book a different one next time. As long as there is cold beer, warm sunshine, good food and more importantly good company it's all good.

I'll be in the bar!

Cheers Hols

Glasses are with kettle and cups on surface above the fridge and ice bucket is in the fridge. Incidentally there are four 3 pin sockets in the cabin, more than I have come across before.

In your cabin do you have 2 large will mirrors? one each side of the tv :)

Hi Yamanid,

I'm on the Baltic cruise with you. If you look at UTube there are videos of all the cabin types as well as around the ship.

Pete14,

I thought I had seen an additional storage set of shelves next to the tall cupboard and below the hanging rail, do you not have one in your cabin?

June