Rugby World Cup

clanger

Can't tell you for sure, but we find that rugby and soccer are the primary sports shown on the televisions regardless of sailing. We were just on the Constellation in the western Caribbean and they were showing rugby. No offence, but we would have much preferred more of the college basketball games that were going on at the time in the States :)

On Saturday the 26th of September. England v Wales in the rugby World Cup.

Will it be screened live on the Eclipse as we cruise back from Lisbon. Please let it happen.

The Autumn Internationals wasn't televised by Celebrity unlike Princess. Celebrity are heavily biased towards College Football, NFL and other American only sports so I wouldn't count on it happening.

The Autumn Internationals wasn't televised by Celebrity unlike Princess. Celebrity are heavily biased towards College Football, NFL and other American only sports so I wouldn't count on it happening.

From this side of the pond, I disagree 100%. We are constantly frustrated by the fact that when we want to watch football - college or NFL - the games provided (if any) are very, very limited. Instead, we flip through the channels and see soccer (mostly) and rugby. I have been on 26 Celebrity cruises and I think I can honestly say I could have watched soccer on each and every one!

The real issue is that Celebrity provides very few channels at all, so whoever gets first dibs in with the media manager tends to get their way (or perhaps they are catering to higher level suites, not sure). I know they can only get what comes in on their satellite feed, but I can't believe their feed is so limited while sailing in waters very near populated first world countries.:rolleyes:

IF you and a bunch of your mates put in a request for the rugby match to be on the TV - It will happen. You simply need to make your wishes known.

Being from Arizona, the Arizona/Arizona State football game is a big deal here. had a group of about 40 of us who went in a group to Guest relations and saw the Hotel Director and made our request. Voila - it was televised in our cabins!

Highly unlikely since the Rugby World Cup is being shown live exclusively on ITV. The sport channels on Celebrity are ESPN and NBC if you are lucky, then it is mostly American sport which are of little interest to anyone outside of the US.

Hi there,

I'm currently on the Celebrity Century (in Asia), and ESPN is showing rugby. Watching Wales vs Ireland right now, and the score is 6-0.

That's 6 nations rugby, that match was played 3 days ago - Wales triumphant again. World cup is not on BBC, ESPN or SKY, it is exclusively ITV

Edited by mickey89

Do Celebrity ever show anything from ITV on their ships?

The England v Wales game is a huge event and I'm sure many on this cruise would wish to watch.

You are extremely unlikely to watch it live via a British link, maybe it will be possible via NBC as they have a limited agreement to broadcast US and Canadian live games. Most likely you will be able to watch the game or highlights a few days later via NBC but I doubt it will be live.

Did you drop a Clanger booking a cruise at this time ??

IF you and a bunch of your mates put in a request for the rugby match to be on the TV - It will happen. You simply need to make your wishes known.

Being from Arizona, the Arizona/Arizona State football game is a big deal here. had a group of about 40 of us who went in a group to Guest relations and saw the Hotel Director and made our request. Voila - it was televised in our cabins!

I agree. Five years ago on Eclipse, Celebrity had no plans to show the Ryder Cup, but after numerous requests they took it seriously, advised us that they had sought permission from Miami, and hey presto the Ryder Cup was on the shops TV network.

Best bit was, they secured transmission from a Dubai based broadcaster with no commercial breaks and UK commentators.

My own alternative for this year is to cruise after the Rugby World cup has concluded, (with an Irish victory of course!).