Nachi Cocom

ljzelenz

Any concerns with the safety of the food at this resort ? Seafood -- ice in the drinks, etc? Have small children as well!!

Nachi is very quiet and laid back since it will only take 100 guests. The two times we have been we saw a few children, but not very many.

Not sure how old your children are, but if they are interesting in something more exciting they might be bored at Nachi.

We are headed back there next month for the third time and cannot wait.

I hope you have a wonderful cruise!!

Hello - Wondering if this is an easy in/out of the water beach? Recent knee surgery makes it difficult and some beaches have quite the incline with soft sand ...how does this one rank?

thanks!!

You may have some problems getting out. It isn't a very steep incline, but it takes some effort to get out.

Any concerns with the safety of the food at this resort ? Seafood -- ice in the drinks, etc? Have small children as well!!

I had a concern 7 years ago about the safety of the food at Playa Mia. That's part of the reason I am going to Nachi this time. All reports have been good.

I have been reading some of the reviews of Trip Advisor and it is crazy to see the difference certain people can have at the same exact place. The overwhelming majority of reviews are 4 and 5 star but the few 1 star reviews are so different. It seems people who don't like Nachi Cocom don't understand that All Inclusive doesn't include every desire they could ever want. Yes, towels cost extra. No, inflatables are not included. No, you will not get top shelf liquor for the AI price. Then some of them just seemed to have really horrible service. Hopefully that server was just having a bad day or has since been let go. The other giant complain is the drinks are "so weak." Well then, ask for an extra pour of liquor. It is free, you can order a shot if you want and add it yourself! I get the idea that most of those horrible reviews came from people who can simply not be pleased no matter what you do. They will always find something to complain about. A lot of the posts seemed quite racist as well, treating all of the workers as though they are seedy criminals.

Anyway, I can't wait to go in June. I am so looking forward to it!

I have seen some of those and, yes, you can't make everyone happy. As for top liquor, I never had an issue getting top shelf there. Will they give me Blue Label scotch? No. lol As for towels, you bring your own from the cruise ship. They even ask you to do that so you will not have to pay. For $55, it is perfect. If want a five star AI, then go pay the $99 down the road.

I can't wait to go back to NC in 45 days.

Do you think they would have Grey Goose Vodka or Kettle One Vodka? Or, if they do, would it be something you must pay for separately? I am a vodka snob, I can't help it, but I can enjoy my drinks with Smirnoff vodka for a relaxing day on the beach if I must. :p

We had a group of over 20 people there for a vow renewal and we all ate well and the food was excellent. We didn't encounter any problems with food borne illnesses and everything seemed fresh. The area was gorgeous. My one issue and it was a big one. We got there really early and the employees at most of the beaches rake them in the am so they are clean. We actually found a used hypodermic with needle attached in the water. I now make everyone wear swimming shoes. This wasn't Nachi Cocoms issue since they can't control what others throw in the water but it is an issue.

I really didn't notice any large incline getting in and out of the water....it seemed slight to me. Of course we spend a lot of time in the Outer Banks where there really is an incline so that might be why I didn't notice.

We were there a week ago and loved it. Not sure how great it is for kids - most of the families spent their time in the pool. That was fine with me since we wanted quiet beach time sans kids. We've been to Cozumel many times for many cruise port days, and although we've never had a bad experience at any of them, Nachi Cocum is our new favorite. Making reservations online was easy. We walked past the phenomenally long taxi line and grabbed a cab on the street and zipped right down. Once there, we were situated with chairs and a table under a palapa with a drink soon in hand. We just wanted to enjoy a quiet and relaxing day on the beach which is just what we got. We can certainly recommend the nachos and grilled fish but we were too full to even consider dessert. We ate everything - fresh tomato and onion salsa included - with no after affects.This will be our go-to destination on Cozumel from now on.

Yes, big problem with the food in that there is an abundance of it! We were stuffed! The food is delicious. We have been to Nachi Cocom twice, and both times have been so full we couldn't order dessert. If everyone has something different you can all share, no problem.

I have seen some of those and, yes, you can't make everyone happy. As for top liquor, I never had an issue getting top shelf there. Will they give me Blue Label scotch? No. lol As for towels, you bring your own from the cruise ship. They even ask you to do that so you will not have to pay. For $55, it is perfect. If want a five star AI, then go pay the $99 down the road.

I can't wait to go back to NC in 45 days.

What is the $99 down the road?

Been to Cozumel many times, mostly over on the east side on our own, or the Bar Hop Bus. This time we just wanted a laid back beach day and are doing Nachi Cocom for the first time. Looking forward to it. A question about the food. It says a 4 course meal included, so trying to figure out the 4 courses. App, salad, entree, dessert, or just pick 4 things off the menu? All the pictures of food look really good.

Thanks!

Been to Cozumel many times, mostly over on the east side on our own, or the Bar Hop Bus. This time we just wanted a laid back beach day and are doing Nachi Cocom for the first time. Looking forward to it. A question about the food. It says a 4 course meal included, so trying to figure out the 4 courses. App, salad, entree, dessert, or just pick 4 things off the menu? All the pictures of food look really good.

Thanks!

We were there a few weeks ago. Lunch was salad (vegetable or fruit), appetizer, entree and dessert. You also get chips and salsa. As mentioned, you get a lot of food. We ate at one of the tables by the pool, but I wouldn't have wanted to try to eat on the beach simply because of the amount of plates that come with your meal.

No worries about the safety of the food or drinks.

We were there a few weeks ago. Lunch was salad (vegetable or fruit), appetizer, entree and dessert. You also get chips and salsa. As mentioned, you get a lot of food. We ate at one of the tables by the pool, but I wouldn't have wanted to try to eat on the beach simply because of the amount of plates that come with your meal.

We always eat on the beach. The waiters put the large trays on the tables sometimes or just bring over an extra table to accommodate the dishes. It works! Yummy flan, so try to make it to dessert. Most people don't!

I read on another thread that you don't have to get all of your food at the same time. They can bring it out a little at a time.

We always eat on the beach. The waiters put the large trays on the tables sometimes or just bring over an extra table to accommodate the dishes. It works! Yummy flan, so try to make it to dessert. Most people don't!

I read on another thread on this topic they you don't have to get all of your food at one time. They can bring your food a little at a time.

Hi, I have a question about the Palapas (umbrellas). The website says first come, first served. I am EXTREMELY pale and would get burned to a crisp if I have to sit in the sun for hours without some shade. How many do they have, is it really an issue of not enough for everybody?