Princess Website Redesign - IPAD's

Woobstr112G

Earlier today I was looking at the Princess website while I was at work (don't tell my boss:D). I was impressed with the redesign of the site. When I got home from work I fired up my IPAD Air to again check out the site. I found the site nearly unusable as I was unable to activate the pull down tabs as the "Come Back New" video kept coming up. I called Princess and was told they were receiving numerous complaints regarding website usage (after the redesign) by IPAD users. Anyone else out there experiencing the same issues......?

Bob

Edited by Woobstr112G

Still using the original iPad which can't run newer versions of iOS. Works fine. I guess I'll have problems when Princess fixes the site to run on current iOS :(

That could be the issue. Got a friend that has an original mini that I know h hasn't upgraded in awhile. Going to try and borrow it to see if I get the same results.

Bob

Edited by Woobstr112G

Try a computer.

I have an IMac and a MacBook Pro where I have no issues accessing/using the Princess website. If you would have looked at the title of this thread, you would have seen I was mentioning issues with accessing the website while using my IPAD Air.....:rolleyes:

Bob

I have never had luck with my iPad and the site. Before our last cruise a coupe weeks ago, I would try to sign in to look at things about our upcoming cruise and could never get there. I would have to wait till I for home to use my Macbook. It would be nice to have it work.

And yes, my iPad is updated. It isn't even a year old either!

I haven't had any problems accessing the Princess website on my iPad. It could be because I'm using Google Chrome as my browser, rather than Safari. I tend to find many problems when I use Safari, but almost none when I use Chrome.

That could be the issue. Got a friend that has an original mini that I know h hasn't upgraded in awhile. Going to try and borrow it to see if I get the same results.

Bob

Bob, I'm not having any problems on my iPad Mini Retina (2nd mini) using the most current iOS 8.2 and Safari.

Edited by Astro Flyer

I haven't had any problems accessing the Princess website on my iPad. It could be because I'm using Google Chrome as my browser, rather than Safari. I tend to find many problems when I use Safari, but almost none when I use Chrome.

Bob, I'm not having any problems on my iPad Mini Retina (2nd mini) using the most current iOS 8.2 and Safari.

Same issue in Chrome and Safari. I also tried several different web browser apps from the App Store and noted the same problem.....:confused::(:confused:

Bob

Edited by Woobstr112G

Just checked it with my iPad Air: I had a link already in my Bookmarks and it took me to the 'old version' of their homepage, but when I went from Google to the Princess Cruises website it gives me the 'new' version.

Both versions were completely functional, even by tapping the Find Cruises button on the new version.

My iPad Air is running update 8.2 and using Safari as the browser.

Just took these homepage screen shots off of my iPad:

Old version (accessed by using link from my Bookmarks)

16850357212_b2bc2c3259_c.jpg

New version (accessed from Google search)

16850357312_b3b1159fd4_c.jpg

:D

Edited by dmwnc1959

The "Plan a Cruise" and "Booked Guests drop down menus work for me but the others only get me to the stupid video on my 4th Gen iPad running iOS 8.2. I'm not a happy camper :(

That's exactly what I get. home page and find a cruise are fine, it's the other drop downs.

Interesting. I'm not having any problems with my Surface Pro or my Kindle. Looking at my upcoming cruise personal page on my Kindle as I'm typing. I wonder why IPad users are having problems?

Island Princess 2008 Alaska

Island Princess 2009 (B2B) Alaska

Royal Princess (Old) 2010 Alaska

Golden Princess 2011 Alaska

Coral Princess 2012 Panama Canal

Star Princess 2012 Alaska

Island Princess 2013 Alaska

Crown Princess 2013 Western Caribbean

Caribbean Princess 2013 Western Caribbean

Royal Princess 2014 Eastern Caribbean

Royal Princess 2014 New England

Emerald Princess 2014 Western Caribbean

Just checked it with my iPad Air: I had a link already in my Bookmarks and it took me to the 'old version' of their homepage, but when I went from Google to the Princess Cruises website it gives me the 'new' version.

Both versions were completely functional, even by tapping the Find Cruises button on the new version.

My iPad Air is running update 8.2 and using Safari as the browser.

Just took these homepage screen shots off of my iPad:

Old version (accessed by using link from my Bookmarks)

16850357212_b2bc2c3259_c.jpg

New version (accessed from Google search)

16850357312_b3b1159fd4_c.jpg

:D

My experience exactly.

My experience exactly.

But we're not saying we don't see the same thing. we're having issues with us the drop down menus. Can you click on ships and experiences and then click on onboard activities? Does it work or does the come back new video start?

It's not working in either of our iPads and his is full updated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But we're not saying we don't see the same thing. we're having issues with us the drop down menus. Can you click on ships and experiences and then click on onboard activities? Does it work or does the come back new video start?

It's not working in either of our iPads and his is full updated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, you are correct, it's totally screwed up!! :eek::rolleyes:

I just checked my ipad mini running 8.1.3, haven't loaded 8.2 yet, I never load the new operating systems when first offered because of issues like this. I don't see the video until I select on board activities, but even then I can scroll and select in the drop down menu.

Since I'm cruising in 11 days, I guess I won't be downloading the new version of iOS for a while yet. It is also available for my iphone 6 but not loaded.

I just checked my ipad mini running 8.1.3, haven't loaded 8.2 yet, I never load the new operating systems when first offered because of issues like this. I don't see the video until I select on board activities, but even then I can scroll and select in the drop down menu.

Since I'm cruising in 11 days, I guess I won't be downloading the new version of iOS for a while yet. It is also available for my iphone 6 but not loaded.

It didn't work for me with 8.1.3 and it still doesn't work with 8.2[emoji27]