Free Unlimited Beverage Package?

trvllin1

I called Princess this afternoon to re-fare an existing booking and learned that not only would we save $800 on our mini suite (12 day Grand Med) but would receive the Unlimited Beverage package for both of us! The res agent did the math and said the value of that was over $600 per person. Had we booked a quad, the third and fourth would have received the Unlimited Soda package. I don't know how long this will be available but wow, what a savings! I immediately re-fared the bookings for two couples who are travelling with us and each couple saved $1200 on their balcony staterooms and got the free beverage package as well . I understand that the beverage package is for balcony and suite passengers only, but with the price drop maybe someone can take advantage of upgrading and get that as well. Lin

i called princess this afternoon to re-fare an existing booking and learned that not only would we save $800 on our mini suite (12 day grand med) but would receive the unlimited beverage package for both of us! The res agent did the math and said the value of that was over $600 per person. Had we booked a quad, the third and fourth would have received the unlimited soda package. I don't know how long this will be available but wow, what a savings! I immediately re-fared the bookings for two couples who are travelling with us and each couple saved $1200 on their balcony staterooms and got the free beverage package as well . I understand that the beverage package is for balcony and suite passengers only, but with the price drop maybe someone can take advantage of upgrading and get that as well. Lin

wow!

Edited by TomCruises

Thanks for the post. Just re-fared 6/26 on the Royal. Keeping the same room and we saved a combined $600 on the room fare (BZ cat/L109) plus the unlimited drink package which they valued at ~$1300 combined :D

Yes we did the same. Royal princess April 25th

Samchatmon,

Since you were past final payment did they offer you the drinks package at no charge or did you give up some OBC or pay an up charge for your cabin and if so how much was the extra charge? I upgraded yesterday to a MA mini suite on the Royal on 5/9 British Isles and they would not give me the package because they said it was good on new bookings only. Did you. Book direct with Princess or use a TA?

Scott

I called Princess this afternoon to re-fare an existing booking and learned that not only would we save $800 on our mini suite (12 day Grand Med) but would receive the Unlimited Beverage package for both of us! The res agent did the math and said the value of that was over $600 per person. Had we booked a quad, the third and fourth would have received the Unlimited Soda package. I don't know how long this will be available but wow, what a savings! I immediately re-fared the bookings for two couples who are travelling with us and each couple saved $1200 on their balcony staterooms and got the free beverage package as well . I understand that the beverage package is for balcony and suite passengers only, but with the price drop maybe someone can take advantage of upgrading and get that as well. Lin

What sailing?

Forgive me for sounding dumb but what does it mean to re-fare? I am a new cruiser (this is only our 2nd - April 5th Regal) so I am not sure of all of the tricks. Did you just call them and ask for a re-fare? Thanks!

Sometimes if there is a new fare promo or the price drops you can call your TA or Princess if you booked direct and request the new fare/promo.

Sometimes its for new bookings only so if its possible you can cancel and rebook which may include a non refundable deposit.

Usually this is not possible after final payment but some report it can be done.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Sometimes if there is a new fare promo or the price drops you can call your TA or Princess if you booked direct and request the new fare/promo.

Sometimes its for new bookings only so if its possible you can cancel and rebook which may include a non refundable deposit.

Usually this is not possible after final payment but some report it can be done.

gotcha! It says our cruise is sold out on the Princess site. I may call the TA and see what they have. Thank you!!

Where can I find the info in this promo? Not seeing it at the website....we have 6 sailings with Princess booked so far this year, would be interested in re-faring to include the package if it's an option for any of them....thanks in advance!

The free beverage package info is buried in the small print at the bottom of the promo ad. I can't imagine why they would offer such a great incentive and then try to keep it a secret? I must admit that when re-faring (asking for my existing booking to be adjusted to a lower advertised price) the res agent is the one who OFFERED me the promo as I myself had not read the small print thoroughly! My husband and I are not big drinkers but it will still save us a few bucks - I always buy the unlimited soda package, for example, and that plus a few cocktails, plus glasses of wine at dinner will add up. I think it is a whopping deal.

We booked our cruises last fall at the ridiculous entry prices because we wanted to secure our staterooms and knew the prices would drop later. We had an intermediate price drop due to the 3-for-1 sale, saving us about $1800 each couple, + shipboard credit. All considered, our price dropped about $2000 since booking our mini suite, and our friends' balcony bookings dropped about $3000 each. We all lost the $300 shipboard credit with this re-fare, but as we have military, 50th anniversary and fcc credit we still have $350 that we can now use toward tips (I do private tours. for our group.)

This is a great deal with both the discount and the beverage package and I'm glad some others were able to take advantage of it. Our bookings are for the Island Princess, June 27, so we are very close to final payment (April 13.) Ours were existing bookings and the res agents had no issues in getting the promo applied, so if it was denied I would just keep trying or ask for a supervisor. It is a fact that the promo says new bookings only, but I spoke to 3 res agents in the process of changing all our bookings, and none had a problem with appling it to existing bookings. Lin

Reed Princess, I hope you will have some joy of this promo; with that many sailings you should find some which qualify! You do need to be in a balcony or higher category for it to work. I'm not sure about cruise duration or specific sailings. Lin

Where can I find the info in this promo? Not seeing it at the website....we have 6 sailings with Princess booked so far this year, would be interested in re-faring to include the package if it's an option for any of them....thanks in advance!

I believe this is the "Travelzoo Offer: Save up to $1,000* on Europe cruises plus celebrate with an all-inclusive drink package^ and more! (Offer expires: March 22, 2015. Reference promotion code: RRZ.)" If you search for all the European cruises you can see which sailings it applies to.

Reed Princess, I hope you will have some joy of this promo; with that many sailings you should find some which qualify! You do need to be in a balcony or higher category for it to work. I'm not sure about cruise duration or specific sailings. Lin

Yup, we always book balcony or high, so no problem there. If the offer is the one listed by leeives above, then we're out - no Europe cruises this year for us....my TA is working on it as we speak, so we'll see. I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks very much for the heads up!

Yup, we always book balcony or high, so no problem there. If the offer is the one listed by leeives above, then we're out - no Europe cruises this year for us....my TA is working on it as we speak, so we'll see. I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks very much for the heads up!

Looks like they are following HA and Celebrity's lead as they have been offering quite a few beverage packages as promo's. Hope to see these offerings continue!

So, apparently, for European sailings...which leaves us out luck. But, did get another $500 drop on our Panama sailing in Dec, so thats great! Lol....

Thanks for the heads up, great deal for those sailing Europe this summer....Too many visas needed right now for us to consider, next year is the year we start exploring Europe cruises....

Thanks again, enjoy all your sailings!

Called our TA and got our balcony re-fared. Price drop $400 plus Beverage package. Had to give up $200 OBC and Specialty dinners but still way ahead of the game. Two beers, two wines plus nightcap each must be worth $400 plus per person over 12 days !

How is Gratuity handle when Beverage package is included ?

I'd go right out and play the lottery too! You are on a roll.

Samchatmon,

Since you were past final payment did they offer you the drinks package at no charge or did you give up some OBC or pay an up charge for your cabin and if so how much was the extra charge? I upgraded yesterday to a MA mini suite on the Royal on 5/9 British Isles and they would not give me the package because they said it was good on new bookings only. Did you. Book direct with Princess or use a TA?

Scott

We booked with princess. Our cabin rate was lower then the new promo rrz. They gave us $250 obc pre person for a total obc of $550 per person. The $250 was voyage goodwill credit they offered toward the drink package. I should have posted we did not get the same deal as the first post, however princess gave us a nice added obc. Thank you princess. You most call for a refare.

Just called and was told that this promotion for the drink package doesn't apply to anything higher than an oceanview. Asked about other offers and was told what we had already w/ the extra specialty dining offer was the best available for our cabin category.