Oasis of the seas New Suites again?

Anyone notice that 1 year from now they are reclassifying a bunch of rooms? The new Aft Grand Suites will then be Aqua Suites (11330, 11730, 12330, 12730, 14330 and 14730). The current Royal Suites will then be 1701-Owners Loft Suite w/Balcony and 1758-Grand Loft Suite w/ Balcony, no more Royal Suites, but will still have Royal Suite Loft and Royal Family Suite. They arent changing the rooms just reclassifying.

I never noticed but it is interesting that they are callng the "old" RS the new OLS and GLS for 1701 and 1758, as they are one level rooms. Those cabins have no lofts, however they are on the same deck as the loft suites.

Anyone notice that 1 year from now they are reclassifying a bunch of rooms? The new Aft Grand Suites will then be Aqua Suites (11330, 11730, 12330, 12730, 14330 and 14730). The current Royal Suites will then be 1701-Owners Loft Suite w/Balcony and 1758-Grand Loft Suite w/ Balcony, no more Royal Suites, but will still have Royal Suite Loft and Royal Family Suite. They arent changing the rooms just reclassifying.

The new ship (Harmony) has them listed that way as well. Much more expensive.

Here's a similar thread, with the info about the reclassification in the most recent posts...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2118764

Edited by TheInnocentAge

I see that, but the Harmony doesn't have Royal Suite or what Oasis is listing then as Owners Suite Loft and Grand Suite Loft. Harmony just has Crown Loft, Royal Loft and Sky Loft on deck 17. Different then Oasis

• 5 months later...

We're booked on a cruise next year on the Allure in the new Royal Suite, cabins 1701 and 1758. Does anyone have pics of these suites? I called RCCL and they don't have any yet.

Also this suite will be included in the new Royal Class Suite benefit program for those booked in suites. We'll be in Star Class which includes some unbelieveble benefits that could save a LOT of money - gratuities, ultimate beverage package, thermal spa access, and on.

Thanks all.

We're booked on a cruise next year on the Allure in the new Royal Suite, cabins 1701 and 1758. Does anyone have pics of these suites? I called RCCL and they don't have any yet.

Also this suite will be included in the new Royal Class Suite benefit program for those booked in suites. We'll be in Star Class which includes some unbelieveble benefits that could save a LOT of money - gratuities, ultimate beverage package, thermal spa access, and on.

Thanks all.

Here is a video of 1701 on the Oasis, which should be similar to 1701 on the Allure. Depending on when you're cruising next year, this cabin could be either a Royal Suite or a Grand Loft Suite. And yes, the Star Class perks are great, but for that kind of money they should be.

Thank you so much for posting the video from the Oasis cabin 1701. We're going to be on the Allure in 1758 but they are essentially the same cabins.

We didn't want a loft suite. We have a two story home and we're getting older and the stairs are no fun so why do it on vacation. Looks like they repurposed the Chapel and a Lounge and made them single story Royal Suites but with two story ceilings and windows. This will be like having a room on the footprint of the VCL, so very cool. From the video, looks like they designed the room in the less-garish, chrome-heavy style. I saw hardwood floors and paneled walls, and carpets placed under the bed and in the living room. Also very nice that the bed faces the window for some very nice ocean watching at sea.

As a business person though, I'm not sure I get the strategy. The people who fork over a lot of cash for any of these suites will be treated like royalty. That's to be expected given the cost. We're Diamond members, but if I had sailed enough to get Diamond Plus or Pinnacle, I would expect more than a Diamond lounge. and the incredible benefits from the upcoming Royal Suite Class is largely for the people who dished out for that cruise. I can only guess is that this is how RCCL will lure rewards passengers from other cruise lines, not a bad idea as long as they don't $%#& off clients who have sailed with RCCL 30, 40 or 50 times.

Anyway the roon looks very nice. I was surprised that RCCL is selling these new suites but don't have any pictures anywhere. That's not great marketing, expecting someone to fork over $16k for a room they can't see in advance. We weren't concerned about this, just seems odd they didn't have a photographer in their when they finished. Also pretty amazing they accomplished all these rennovations in only 18 days in port.

We just returned from a cruise on Navigator. It's been years since we cruised so we were pleased with the new technology. The headline entertainment remains weak. I'm want to see something I'd have to pay for at home, not a juggler or ventriquiliquist.

We did eat three times in Chops and I upgraded to the aged NY Strip. worth every penny. Izumi was disappointing, the fish was dry and we won't go back.

OK I've gone on enough. RCCL is making it very confusing to figure out how each different Oasis Class ship is configured.

Thanks again Steamboats. Where was your last cruise. Best regards, Joe

I had booked a Crown Loft (L1) cabin for a February 2017 Harmony cruise, which is why I was familiar with that video. I booked it in part because I had never booked a loft suite (had only visited one), and partly in anticipation of the new Suite Perks program, the details of which had not been revealed at that time. Once the announcement came out with the details, I was disappointed that the L1's fell into the "2nd tier" of perks, but I'm keeping the booking anyway because it was a great price.

Happy cruising!

As a business person though, I'm not sure I get the strategy. The people who fork over a lot of cash for any of these suites will be treated like royalty. That's to be expected given the cost. We're Diamond members, but if I had sailed enough to get Diamond Plus or Pinnacle, I would expect more than a Diamond lounge. and the incredible benefits from the upcoming Royal Suite Class is largely for the people who dished out for that cruise. I can only guess is that this is how RCCL will lure rewards passengers from other cruise lines, not a bad idea as long as they don't $%#& off clients who have sailed with RCCL 30, 40 or 50 times.

With the new suite program and other changes, YES, RCCL is definitely looking after the passenger who will pay a high amount to be pampered on a cruise. There are some minor changes such as cut backs or changes to privileges/benefits that that long term loyal passengers notice. First time/one time passengers wouldn't know the difference, but those who have sailed often can see them. Many are "$%#& off"

Of course, long term passengers have the opportunity to sail in a high level suites as well and enjoy the pampering and benefits.

Enjoy your cruise

M

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks all.

Did you ever get any pics or a video of this suite? I have pics if needed.