WOW what a sale!!!

RCI is bringing out new ships every year. Harmony will be out 2016. That makes three Oasis style ships. How many Quantum class ships? Someone is paying for these bigger than big ships. I don't know - higher prices, no new or innovative itineraries, 5000 to 6000 passengers on cruises- no wonder cc folks are getting the wonderlust.

Lot of chatter on the boards w.r.t RC pricing and NCL being cheaper, we already cancelled 2 RC cruises, one of these due to a personal matter, however we have been looking at Silver Seas and also really researching Haven Suites on NCL.

(yes we know SS is expensive:))

We are D+, with a little way to go to be PC, being young we have time to climb to the higher tier, and easily could get there before we are in our 50's if we so choose to.

So jumping to another line just means we start all over again with a new program

Having already sailed a few other lines, will be no big deal

We will still continue to sail RC, but will look out for the best perks and value for money that happens to be on offer at any given time.

If RC did another ORIGINAL REAL BOGOHO, we would certainly jump on it!!

Happy Days!

Well actually, we just booked a cruise on the Adventure w/ the WOW promotion as we compared it to the two cruises we booked during the 'original' BOGOHO sale. It was actually cheaper and it also offered a 4th port day. The cruise isn't until Oct 2016. I think as someone else posted, I believe the key to the whole deal is to book well in advance as soon as the sail dates come available. Then just sit back and watch the rates go up, all the while the complaints follow along. My point is, there are some pretty good pricing out there if you book well in advance and take advantage of the promotions that RCL offers.

Our cruise in January 2016 is almost $1' date='000 more for the identical cabin then we paid - booked May 2014, I think the earlier you book the better - long wait though....[/quote']

This is what we find to be true as well. We booked a Oct 2015 cruise in early May 2014, a Feb 2016 cruise in early May 2014 and just booked a Oct 2016 cruise last Friday. We won't book another until this time next year and it will be for an early 2017 cruise date.

Selections of cabins are more readily available, plus if RCL does happen to offer some sot of promotion that will drop the price below our booking rate, we'll simply re-book it for the better rate. But I don't see this happening.

I agree with the comments about the increased expense for RC so I decided to bail on holiday 2015 and spring break 2016 until I found a deal today on RC half of what I paid last year!!! Crazy. So of course I booked it!

Why do so many of us think newbies are so gullible and blame them for price increases

I agree, what's suddenly attracting them now other than a higher price? Most new cruisers start out on cheaper lines. If Disney said, "$2,000 for the first guest, $1,000 for the 2nd, Inside Cabin", how many of us would rush to take advantage of the "Sale"?

I agree with the comments about the increased expense for RC so I decided to bail on holiday 2015 and spring break 2016 until I found a deal today on RC half of what I paid last year!!! Crazy. So of course I booked it!

Congrats!

That also points to the naysayers who take the opportunity to make generalized statements about the promotions. The fact is there are deals out there...but people need to do their homework to find them. We found a super deal on a Southern Caribbean itinerary just yesterday - since we've been on the same ship and similar itinerary before...we had the data to compare.

Deals are available to those who are willing to take the time to find them.

my favorite comment is im not sailing ##### cruise line is i do not like the layout of the ships.. They all have hallways and elevators placed to get you around the ship. Its not that difficult to navigate the interior of the ship.

In fairness, some classes of ship do have a comparatively poor, choppy, and/or counterintuitive layout. Carnival's Destiny Class ships come to mind for me with a two level dining room stuck in the middle of the ship that you have to go up 1-2 decks or down to a cabin deck to get around. Poor planning, and they corrected it for subsequent classes of ship.

Edited by Dave85

For the past 10 years I have repeatedly looked at other types of land based vacations and could never find anything in price that could remotely compare to taking a cruise. Recently I have found myself looking at those land based vacations again and beginning to see some value in them. Not saying I will never cruise again, I know we will, we like it too much.

I am saying that they will no longer be getting all my expendable cash for vacations simply because i am able to find things that in the past seemed overpriced, now they seem comparable to cruising.

I'm addicted to cruising but my GF and I skipped booking something for this year. Between increased fares and the low Canadian dollar, the value isn't there like it was the past two trips we made. I love Royal, and hopefully the dollar improves so we can book something for 2016.

Of course Oasis in Port Canaveral is actually quite tempting.

Our cruise in January 2016 is almost $1' date='000 more for the identical cabin then we paid - booked May 2014, I think the earlier you book the better - long wait though....[/quote']

I hear prices were really great back in May 2014.

We booked our April 2016 cruise in Dec 2015 and got a price we are satisfied with (not sure how it compares to the same room back in May). And yeah, it's a long wait testing our patience.

New cruises just opened up from Jun - Oct. Now I know that summer is expensive, but what is interesting is that both Sep and Oct are pricey...more than we paid three months ago. I was half expecting these to be a bit less since (1) new dates just released, and (2) less ideal months due to being hurricane season and kids back in school.

I've also been watching our cruise and in just the past 3 months, the staterooms have increased from $150 to $610. :eek:

Edited by LuCruise

I'm addicted to cruising but my GF and I skipped booking something for this year. Between increased fares and the low Canadian dollar, the value isn't there like it was the past two trips we made. I love Royal, and hopefully the dollar improves so we can book something for 2016.

Of course Oasis in Port Canaveral is actually quite tempting.

To add to your comments...on a positive note, Royal lets you pay in Canadian dollars...which is great now with the dollar being so up and down. At least we know what it will cost at final payment. A big plus for us.