Interior Promenade Room

Booked an interior room and was upgraded to the interior promenade room. Was excited for the upgrade and thought it would be fun to be in the room and look out to the promenade. When I get back to work I tell my co-worker and she says that would be quite noisy don't you think? Did not even think about that. Anyone stay in these rooms? Are they that noisy?

Booked an interior room and was upgraded to the interior promenade room. Was excited for the upgrade and thought it would be fun to be in the room and look out to the promenade. When I get back to work I tell my co-worker and she says that would be quite noisy don't you think? Did not even think about that. Anyone stay in these rooms? Are they that noisy?

I loved it! Not noisy - I was on 7th? - only heard the parade which I then sat on the window seat and watched.

I have stayed on deck 8 in a PR and will be on deck 6 in a PR for my upcoming cruise. Noise was not an issue at all for me on deck 8. In fact, I really couldnt hear much of anything going on down on the Royal Promenade. I just barely could hear the parade even.

Edited by ryano

You are going to hear some say they can be and others say they aren't. I'm in the "I didn't find them noisy" category. We did two promenade rooms and would book them again happily. I love being able to look out and people watch, see parades from above, etc. If there is any noise at all...it's muffled and I never heard it during sleeping hours...only during parades.

Just remember to close your curtains when you want your privacy! wink, wink

Congrats on your awesome upgrade!! Woohooo!!!

there are many threads about this exact question. Everyone has a different experience and it certainly depends how close to midship you are.

For my explorer promenade it was extremely noisy and will never do it again. But there are others that report mild noise.

Edited by TheTruthCanHurt

We did a promenade room deck 7 on Independence. It got loud during the parade, and that was it. Just a short time. We enjoyed it so much, we booked the same room type for our upcoming cruise. I don't think you will be disappointed.

Just went on the cruise layout to see where our room was and she upgraded us to the deck 7 promenade room #7253 and I see it is right by the elevators. Well, it appears that way in the picture anyway. So, now here is my next questions.....any complaints on elevator noise for people that have stayed right next to an elevator?? Wish I would of seen that before I said yes but my computer was not up at the time for me to look.

Just went on the cruise layout to see where our room was and she upgraded us to the deck 7 promenade room #7253 and I see it is right by the elevators. Well, it appears that way in the picture anyway. So, now here is my next questions.....any complaints on elevator noise for people that have stayed right next to an elevator?? Wish I would of seen that before I said yes but my computer was not up at the time for me to look.

My cabins are always near the elevators as I have to have an accessible cabin. Absolutely zero issues of elevator noise on any cruise Ive been on. This is a great place to be IMHO!

Subscribing as we booked a promenade room on Allure. Looks like lots of fun for our kids, price is reasonable, and its a bit bigger than interior and non suite rooms. If you're concerned about noise, then maybe do research and see if there are say, events going on in promenade late at night (if that's a concern).

Not sure about elevator noise.

Edited by LuCruise

I rather have a promenade over interior without questions. I really dont remember if you can hear noises from the promenade but I dont remmeber me saying , " this is loud" so I guess there was no noise at all.

Im always on the promenade during the parade, sometimes before dinner I like to look down inside my room to feel how the crow is doing, is everyone sleeping? , everyone is outside!! , people are shopping lol:)

Did one on our cruise out of San Juan... was great since we weren't didn't have many sea days. (one of our many's)

Never heard any loud noises.. was sort of nice to "people watch" lol

Had the best seat on the ship for some of the shows... my room.

I had a deck 7 promenade on Mariner & loved it! I didn't notice noise at all. I'm thinking about booking a promenade for a 14 day & wouldn't hesitate to recommend one to anyone, I thought it was great to be able to watch what was happening down below! [emoji2]

Thanks for the replies. Appreciate it and looking forward to the cruise. Can't wait to go!!! Feel better now. Not worried about the noise. Not sure on the elevator but it is what it is!

You should check and see if there are any other cabins available more toward the center of the promenade. I see that your cabin is at the very end where there will be less to see.

Then call either your TA if you had one, or RCCL and see if they can switch you to another cabin you might like better. Worth a try.

You should check and see if there are any other cabins available more toward the center of the promenade. I see that your cabin is at the very end where there will be less to see.

Then call either your TA if you had one, or RCCL and see if they can switch you to another cabin you might like better. Worth a try.

Yea, I already tried that. No more rooms available. I will keep looking though. Never know what might pop up.

We have stayed in a promenade room twice - once on deck 6 and once on deck 7. On deck six we were right above one of the bars where they played music until 1:00 in the morning and we could definitely hear it in our cabin. We finally got used to it by the third night. No noise in the deck 7 cabin.

We always try to get a cabin next to or near the elevators and have never been bothered by any noise.

We have stayed in a promenade room twice - once on deck 6 and once on deck 7. On deck six we were right above one of the bars where they played music until 1:00 in the morning and we could definitely hear it in our cabin. We finally got used to it by the third night. No noise in the deck 7 cabin.

We always try to get a cabin next to or near the elevators and have never been bothered by any noise.

Good to know about the elevators. Thank you!

Had deck 6 midship on the Mariner, booked the Promanade again for the next cruise. We are always out and about until 1am So not there to experience the peak noise with the parades. I think there are two of them, no later than 1030pm. Someone will correct me If I am mistaken. No noise in the morning, no "echoing" of voices. I love those rooms for a cheap look out choice and not feel the inside claustrophobia.