Captain's Club Wait Times

dinosaurdem

Does anyone know why the Captain's Club wait times, up to one hour, are significantly longer than those for the general reservation line.

Your question is unclear to me. Do you mean priority line for embarkation? There are Captain's Club events,but no wait times.

I read OP's query as to be related to calling the phone numbers.

Thanks for the clarification. That appears to be it. My answer: Sometimes it is,sometimes it isn't. Holding can get very frustrating. It is helpful to know who to call or what department to call if you have a specific question. In a number of cases a caller would either be transferred to another line. In some cases an e-mail would be helpful. Check the Celebrity site for contact numbers. One of the most appreciated Zenith benefits if a dedicated contact person.That saves lots of time and frustration.

Edited by Orator

Vulcan might be on to it. Over the last several months I have either made reservation changes or tried to solve problems like disappearing luggage tag requests. I have called the Captains Club first assuming that the staff would be more experienced. Because of slow resolution I have probably made about 15 calls. Wait time for the Captain's Club has been fifteen minutes to one hour and the reservation line has taken zero to fifteen minutes. If anything the staff on the general line have been better problem solvers. It appears, however, that no one else is having this problem. I have noticed increased hold times, AT&T over an hour, for a variety of businesses. Have we come to expect that companies will either reduce the number of call staff or ship their call centers overseas. Thirty five minutes should be acceptable service.

Edited by dinosaurdem

I wonder if there aren't more people calling the Captain's Club number to get resolution to (or elevate) issues that people cannot get addressed by going through the regular number for current/existing reservations.

I must be lucky in my bookings to have no problems/issues that need to be addressed/resolved.... or maybe just low maintenance in my needs as I have never called the Captain's Club number for anything. In fact, never even visit the CC desk while on the ship. Maybe someone can explain to me the reasons for why I would go to see them? For any questions I have or failed attempts to complete something on-line, I just call the main number or work through my travel agent (if applicable).

I'm guessing I am missing out on something, but I just don't know what I don't know. :confused:

Edited by vulcan1971

I must be lucky in my bookings to have no problems/issues that need to be addressed/resolved.... or maybe just low maintenance in my needs as I have never called the Captain's Club number for anything. In fact, never even visit the CC desk while on the ship. Maybe someone can explain to me the reasons for why I would go to see them? For any questions I have or failed attempts to complete something on-line, I just call the main number or work through my travel agent (if applicable).

I'm guessing I am missing out on something, but I just don't know what I don't know. :confused:

I'm much like you (well, in various ways LOL ;-) ), I can't think of a single time I have actually called Celebrity on the phone for anything, not one time.

Website does most of what I need, and what it doesn't my TA can handle.

As to Captain's Club desk on ship, ONLY thing that comes to mind is to use as a concierge (and really, how much concierge service is needed on the ship), but one time I arrived to my cabin and had no captain's club materials, went to guest services, they said they couldn't help, only Captains club could, and they were closed so I had to wait till next day. Guest services wouldn't even give me the calendar of events.

Missing luggage tags, no way am I going to waste 15 minutes trying to find someone for something I can print myself, or just have a porter affix when I get to the pier.

Edited by cle-guy

Vulcan might be on to it. Over the last several months I have either made reservation changes or tried to solve problems like disappearing luggage tag requests. I have called the Captains Club first assuming that the staff would be more experienced. Because of slow resolution I have probably made about 15 calls. Wait time for the Captain's Club has been fifteen minutes to one hour and the reservation line has taken zero to fifteen minutes. If anything the staff on the general line have been better problem solvers. It appears, however, that no one else is having this problem. I have noticed increased hold times, AT&T over an hour, for a variety of businesses. Have we come to expect that companies will either reduce the number of call staff or ship their call centers overseas. Thirty five minutes should not be acceptable service.

edited.

I'm much like you (well, in various ways LOL ;-) ), I can't think of a single time I have actually called Celebrity on the phone for anything, not one time.

Website does most of what I need, and what it doesn't my TA can handle.

As to Captain's Club desk on ship, ONLY thing that comes to mind is to use as a concierge (and really, how much concierge service is needed on the ship), but one time I arrived to my cabin and had no captain's club materials, went to guest services, they said they couldn't help, only Captains club could, and they were closed so I had to wait till next day. Guest services wouldn't even give me the calendar of events.

Missing luggage tags, no way am I going to waste 15 minutes trying to find someone for something I can print myself, or just have a porter affix when I get to the pier.

Sorry I offended you cle-guy. Out of about twenty cruises I have used a TA twice. I frequently change cabins as prices change and am a bit OCD about things like customer service, having run a health care facility with about 150 employees. The issue is not whether I am high Maintenance. The issue is customer service. I presume that Celebrity's poor IT doesn't bother you either. The shore side operation just doesn't match the operation at sea where Celebrity excels.

Hello, everyone.

I just thought I would mention that I have been on the phone with the Captain's Club each day this week attempting to redeem my cruise reward points from my credit card and the system has been down all week. It could be that others are having the same issue and may account for some of the long wait times. I hope they have the issue resolved soon as we sail next month.

I agree with Vulcan plus I have to because he's a fellow Packer fan. But we must be low maintainence as well. I just call the celebrity cruise rep and deal with any issues that come up. We've never had to be on hold for very long maybe 5 mins max. I don't know maybe we are lucky. We've never had an issue . Not saying we never will.