input please inside stateroom vs. porthole

buzz2400

I am currently booked on the sunshine in a porthole on deck 1. If I change it to an inside stateroom on deck 1, it would be $60 cheaper. I have not been in an inside stateroom in so long that I can't remember what it is like. Do you think $60 savings is worth not having a little porthole for some light. We really only spend time in the the stateroom sleeping.

I have had a Port Hole cabin many many times, I think they are great, you get some natural light and can see what the weather is like before going outside, now on all of my cruises with a port hole they have been cheaper than the standard inside cabin, so the $60 is up to you.

I would stick with the porthole cabin. It does come with some extra noises, ie; early am arriving into port, your hear docking noises, also maybe waves hitting the bow at night. those noises never bothered me though, and I have booked a porthole room deck one for my next cruise. If noise and maybe a little extra motion is a problem and you dont mind doing without natural light, then an inside room midship might be better, but for me personally would prefer porthole.

I am currently booked on the sunshine in a porthole on deck 1. If I change it to an inside stateroom on deck 1, it would be $60 cheaper. I have not been in an inside stateroom in so long that I can't remember what it is like. Do you think $60 savings is worth not having a little porthole for some light. We really only spend time in the the stateroom sleeping.

I would choose an inside cabin over a porthole. You will experience more motion in the porthole cabin due to it being all the way forward on deck 1. The porthole cabin would also be noisier. I would take the $60 savings and choose the inside cabin, and try to get a cabin closer to the elevators.

Edited by winddawn

Pay for a balcony room and you'll never be faced with such decision again. Once u get a balcony. You never go back.

Other than that I can't really comment cuz I'm truly not a fan of either Interior or OV. Way to small and way to low

I would choose an inside cabin over a porthole. You will experience more motion in the porthole cabin due to it being all the way forward on deck 1. The porthole cabin would also be noisier. I would take the $60 savings and choose the inside cabin, and try to get a cabin closer to the elevators.

I second this. Give up a little light for a quieter and smoother cruise.

We've cruised in porthole cabins twice, and the price has been equivalent to the price of a 4A interior cabin. I'd make sure that the cheaper cabin isn't a 1A, or if it is a 1A, that you're alright with that. If the interior cabin meets your needs, I'd have no issue making the switch.

I have had a porthole maybe 3 times and thought it was a good value. True you have more of a walk & can have a little bit more noise because either the waves or from the thrusters when docking. The more walking was good exercise for me & was usually up before the ship docked anyway. I did like having the porthole to look outside too. The inside cabin will be dark no matter what time of day it is, so depends if you sleep late into the day or not.

All depends if you think you will like the location with the benefit of having a porthole for $60 more than an inside cabin or save the $60 for other stuff. Have a great cruise :) !

Pay for a balcony room and you'll never be faced with such decision again. Once u get a balcony. You never go back.

Other than that I can't really comment cuz I'm truly not a fan of either Interior or OV. Way to small and way to low

Not necessarily. We only book interiors now. We had balconies on 3 cruises and I think we only went out on them once on each cruise. So we went back to interiors. No reason to pay balcony prices if we don't use them.

I usually book porthole cabins or inside. It just depends on the deal. I have noticed the porthole cabins are longer so besides the porthole, you do get more sq. ft. If I have a choice, I would pick a porthole cabin. I am not a light sleeper so the extra noise does not bother me. But hey, you are not at the Holiday Inn so the extra cabin noise definitely adds to the fun of cruising.:cool:

It depends upon your personal preference really. I love portholes for the light. I don't mind motion so I prefer to be higher up to be close to the public decks. But when portholes are an option, I book it. I'm too cheap for an ocean view or balcony. So portholes are the only option for light for me!

To me the porthole seems larger cabin size and I love the natural light. It is noisy when the ocean waves hit the hull of the ship but I'm a good sailor and a deep sleeper so it didn't bother me.

Edited by Jana60

I disagree. We have had balconies before, and never found them to be worth the price. We enjoy inside cabins. We had a porthole on our last cruise and it was nice to have some natural light and be able to sit at the window and watch the world go by. You can get that up on a public deck too. We were never bothered by the noise. Our next cruise is booked as an inside and we would possibly take an upsell if the price was right, but we wont go looking for it.

CaddyKid

That is so not true. I have done a balcony once and sailed at least four times since. My teen prefers interior room. While some of the PT rooms have a sofa and lower bunk, I wouldn't do one that had Upper and Lower beds. Also, they are way forward so you hear a lot of noise from the crash waters, anchor in port and it is a long way down the hall.

We like midship. Also, I do not like 1 & 2 deck because of the noise of the ship. Deck 6-8 are my favorites. Deck 11 Spa is a bit high.