Securing the Safe in cabin

Weena

Astro Flyer -- Thank you. Good! now I can retire the Old CC. [emoji4]

Some of the newer ships have started a system where you only get electricity to work in the cabin if you put your card in a thing near the door (some hotels do this too). It might be prudent to still take ones faithful "Old CC" just in case. You cannot just abandon a thing after many years of loyal service. Sorry; it's for the best.

Regards John

Edited by john watson

A magnetic strip is not necessary....anything shaped like a credit card works.

I use an old cruise card for the lighting device by the door on the Royal. Just stick it in the device when you board and forget about it until you leave your cabin for good at the end of the cruise.

nukesubsailor-[emoji106][emoji2][emoji2]Good to know. Thanks

I also use an old cruise card & slightly pull it up when leaving our cabin to conserve energy. I almost mistakenly called to report my TV not working on the Royal...it was daytime & I hadn't put the card back in resulting in no TV...oops! :o

Astro Flyer -- Thank you. Good! now I can retire the Old CC. [emoji4]

Actually you can use any card with a strip to open and close the safe. I use old hotel key cards, I have a drawer full of them. You can even use your driver's license to open and close the safe.

Actually you can use any card with a strip to open and close the safe. I use old hotel key cards, I have a drawer full of them. You can even use your driver's license to open and close the safe.

I am glad Princess does not use these type of safes.

it was daytime & I hadn't put the card back in resulting in no TV

We were swearing at the ship & crew before we realized we hadn't put the card in. OOPS, as you say!

My experience was in October 2013 so the Royal's system was rather new and we had a previous problem with it not working properly & a tech rebooting it (unplugged power cord & plugged in again...difficult even for tech due to very limited space behind TV). Thus we thought it was another problem because it was not working at all...OOPS! :o