Help 1st Princess. Help choose a cabin.

luv2gonow

Hi,

My 1st Princess cruise. I was going to book the Regal 11 night Baltic itinerary leaving out of Copenhagen. I liked the new ship.

I see that the Emerald has one 7 night cruise leaving out of Southampton going to the area. Does not go to St.Petersburg. But my daughter is really wanting this itinerary because she wants to go to London.

Anyway we need a mini suite there are 4 of us and the other rooms have 2 uppers and or balcony cannot be accessed when in use. Is this correct?

So are there any mini suites((Emerald) that have private balconies. I do not like being open to the sun and weather or having people look down at me.

I would prefer mid to aft location.

Where are the mini suite balconies that are covered overhead.

Also. 1st Princess cruise how is the Emerald. Are there kids activities. I was all set on the Regal but now will probably book Emerald.

Hoping there are children on this itinerary. I think it departs 7/2 so kids will be out of school.

Any info would be great.

Thanks

Kerri

Edited by luv2gonow

4 people in a mini is too crowded. The name suite is really not accurate in the mini's. I would consider 2 balcony cabins and have some privacy and 2 bathrooms. From what I am reading 4 people could not sit on a balcony at the same time on the Regal since the balconies are so small.

You don't say what ages your kids are, but a great option is to book a balcony (or MS) for you, and an inside for them. It gives you an extra bathroom, and a little more privacy, and usually isn't much more expensive than the extra people in one room (plus if they are offering OBCs, they apply per cabin).

You'd have to officially book an adult in each cabin, but you can get duplicate keys.

Finally, on the Emerald for sure, and I assume the Regal, the partitions between adjoining balconies can be unlocked by the stewards, so that can work as well.

I would disagree with the above. Four in a mini should be quite doable. To answer the original question, the mini-suites on Emerald deck are all covered. However, for that reason, they are very much in demand and book early, and there are only a dozen or so. They may offer you a gty for an Emerald suite mini, but don't take it, as you will end up on Dolphin deck in an uncovered mini.

I hear ya and originally I was going to book 1 balcony and 1 inside.

My daughter really wants to be in the same room though.

2 balcony too expensive and I need a balcony.

Kids:rolleyes:

Soooo are there any mini suites that aren't exposed to sun and neigbors?

Thanks

Kerri

Thanks

Kerri

Emerald deck on the Emerald - the aft minis are all completely covered balconies.

Thanks

Kerri

E731 mini suite. Loved it. Had it on a crossing Venice to Fort Lauderdale. Large balcony.

July 2016? Only the mini suites on the Emerald deck, Deck 8 aft have fully covered balconies. I see that some of these cabins are still available, there are only 12 of them. So if a covered balcony is most important to you book the cabin and have it marked no upgrade. Otherwise you could be upgraded to a more mid ship location on deck 9. ALL mini suites on deck 9 have uncovered balconies. Even though they are uncovered it really isn't a big issue in the Baltic which is a port and tour intensive cruise. The interiors of all mini suites are the same. FYI, some passengers bring along a gym bag when they have more than two in a cabin, and some use the gym to shower and change while others are using the cabin bath.

Emerald deck on the Emerald - the aft minis are all completely covered balconies.

E731 mini suite. Large balcony. Had it on a crossing Venice to Fort Lauderdale. Loved it

Was the room noisy it looks like it is above club fusion.

We go to bed pretty early I usually sandwich between rooms:o

Thanks

Kerri

July 2016? Only the mini suites on the Emerald deck, Deck 8 aft have fully covered balconies. I see that some of these cabins are still available, there are only 12 of them. So if a covered balcony is most important to you book the cabin and have it marked no upgrade. Otherwise you could be upgraded to a more mid ship location on deck 9. ALL mini suites on deck 9 have uncovered balconies. Even though they are uncovered it really isn't a big issue in the Baltic which is a port and tour intensive cruise. The interiors of all mini suites are the same. FYI, some passengers bring along a gym bag when they have more than two in a cabin, and some use the gym to shower and change while others are using the cabin bath.

Yea worried about the noise from Fusion....Gym that's a good idea.

I guess I would rather the uncovered balcony if it will be noisy at night.

Thanks

Kerri

I always get a laugh out of this picture. Don't know if it's true or not:

maxresdefault.jpg

No, not noisy at all. Not many late shows in club fusion. I had e731 for 18 days. Would be it again. Plus walk down one floor everything is their.

No, not noisy at all. Not many late shows in club fusion. I had e731 for 18 days. Would be it again. Plus walk down one floor everything is their.

We were in E731 - the first time we had either that or E730 - on an Emerald Baltic cruise with no noise problems. Now we always try to reserve one of those cabins. The extra large balcony will be great for your family but it only comes with 2 chairs, 2 footstools and a small table. While it would easily hold more furniture, I don't know if they would/could give you more when you have 4 people in the cabin.

Starboard side over Club Fusion will not be an issue. We were in E730 on Caribbean, and only heard some thumping bass one night, and it stopped by 11p. EM

OMG 1st that pic is hilarious....Thanks for the laugh Mackenzie:D

So you mentioned starboard would be better? Is the music on other side.

Is it normal for Fusion to end early? I saw another venue farther forward that has a dance floor...Is that where the party continues.

Also when did you sail? Are the balconies just as large on other decks? Just exposed to sun?

Such decisions:rolleyes: Possible noise at bedtime. Or no privacy and blazing sun. Sheesh. :o

Thanks

Kerri