Cooking class question

LHT28

Someone has already answered and they are correct. Last summer we received a card like a specialty dining reservation.

We enjoyed the cooking class but had some parts of we had issues with. Like the young man with long hair also taking the class placing his head over the food items on the front demonstration table. Chef Kelly had a bit of an attitude during the class. Wife kept me in line but I wanted to ask *** is your problem? Guess Anne Burrell is her idol? Cooking time was very minimal so the cooked dishes never had a chance to cook through.

But, guess it could not be all that bad as we are signed up to participate again on our Marina cruise.

Someone has already answered and they are correct. Last summer we received a card like a specialty dining reservation.

We enjoyed the cooking class but had some parts of we had issues with. Like the young man with long hair also taking the class placing his head over the food items on the front demonstration table.

EWWWW that would be gross

I have found hair in my food at restaurants it just puts you off your meal

This is the first time taking cooking classes ..maybe DH will learn some new dishes ;)

Lyn

Indeed you are sent a note regarding your scheduled class. I wanted to try 2 other classes and did get into one of them. On the last day of the cruise the chef (who did have quite an attitude) gave out the menus of all classes held during the 10 day cruise, nice touch.

I did pick up a few tricks along the way. My cooking partner and I agreed that the menus were not items we would serve.

Interesting side note that the head chef noted that the heavy cream was not as thick as what has been used for years. I think this is reflective of the "downgrading" of many of the high end food items served now, such as beef and veal. With new owners come changes and not all are positive.

We took a few classes - I loved the pasta making class and came home and bought all the attachments for my KitchenAid mixer. I've made several of the dishes. Simple and fun. Also did the French Bistro and made things from that. Quiche was fabulous.

I took 3 Cordon Bleu courses on Regent and never come home to make anything but I felt the Chef Kelly classes were useable, realistic and easy enough.

We took a few classes - I loved the pasta making class and came home and bought all the attachments for my KitchenAid mixer. I've made several of the dishes. Simple and fun. Also did the French Bistro and made things from that. Quiche was fabulous.

I took 3 Cordon Bleu courses on Regent and never come home to make anything but I felt the Chef Kelly classes were useable, realistic and easy enough.

Thanks for sharing that Kathy. My DS and I are looking forward to the pasta class on Marina in 2 weeks.:)

We took a few classes - I loved the pasta making class and came home and bought all the attachments for my KitchenAid mixer. I've made several of the dishes. Simple and fun.

Plus 1 on this! I actually recieved the pasta maker attachement for christmas and had no idea how to use it. Lucky me took a cruise on Marina in February and now I'm very good at it. I make pasta at least once every 2 weeks now! :)

I've done lots of the cooking classes (maybe 7 or 8 so far over 3 cruises?). The instructors vary in quality - but most have been good. I tend to learn great recipes and some techniques (even though I consider myself a pretty skilled cook). Overall, it's just fun and that's why I keep going. Oh and yes - you'll get a card for each class at the beginning of the cruise - along with waiver forms. It comes with any shoreex's you booked. Have fun!

If you want to book 1st day on the ship where you do sign up for the classes??

There is one class we may take if there is still space

I am not bothered either way but I want to use my OBC ;)

Lyn

Not a convinced answer, Lyn, but when I had to cancel a class for a refund at the last minute I was sent to Reception. I'm guessing you could book a class there as well if it's the first day you're on board.

Mura