St Petersburg (Russia) visa cost.

SDadw01

I believe it's around £100 but it's not recommended to go ashore independently unless you speak Russian. Take a ships excursion or an excursion run by Russian land based tour companies, both of which are visa exempt.

Brian

I agree with the 2 replies. If you go on a ship tour (or indeed a privately arranged tour) at any port this is the one to do it at. Apart from avoiding visa costs it will enable you to get the most out of your visit. It's an amazing city.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

How much is a visa to visit St Petersburg? Thinking of going in 2016 on Azura.....

Best to book your own trips with Private companies such as GUIDE GURU TOURS ALLA TOURS or SPB TOURS all much cheaper than ship and then you do not require any Visas have a look online at these Companies - used by thousands and are Brilliant:)

We looked into getting visas independently - not an option - £105 plus a visit to the embassy to have fingerprints and photos taken - then no guarantee of it being granted

Edited by Ataraxia

We looked into getting visas independently - not an option - £105 plus a visit to the embassy to have fingerprints and photos taken - then no guarantee of it being granted

And why would you want to. I can find my way around most cities but St Petersberg I wouldn't think of trying, even if I could speak and read Russian.

David.

We went to Moscow last year for a family wedding. The visa in all cost £100 but it was quite complicated to get. There is an invitation to get first then you apply for the visa. You can do it all online but it costs more. I wouldn`t recommend it. Stick to P&O tours.

We went to Moscow last year for a family wedding. The visa in all cost £100 but it was quite complicated to get. There is an invitation to get first then you apply for the visa. You can do it all online but it costs more. I wouldn`t recommend it. Stick to P&O tours.

I am an avid do-it-yourselfer, but I wouldnt try to go solo in St Petersberg. Apart from the cost and hassle of getting a Visa (you cannot just apply, if you are not on a tour you have to get a letter of invitation from a Russian tourist company), the ship docks in a commercial port area with no public transport, so you will have to pre arrange all that before your cruise.

We did the 2 day package with P&O and it was excellent.

We did two very full day tours last year with P & O, about 14 of us in a minibus, and it was worth every penny spent. As others have said visa is included in price so the worry is taken away from you. Go for it, you won't regret it!

Are there shorter tours for those who have already done the Hermitage etc? i spent 3 days in St Petersburg on a land tour and had a very thorough sightseeing tour but i'm sure there are things I missed!

Are there shorter tours for those who have already done the Hermitage etc? i spent 3 days in St Petersburg on a land tour and had a very thorough sightseeing tour but i'm sure there are things I missed!

P&O do a range of half day tours, not sure about any private ones though.

Thats a problem we are having on our future Princess cruise we have done the Baltics 2-3 times before with P&O and all the excursions are very much the same which we have already done so we are having a peaceful 2 days relaxing onboard the ship.

How much is a visa to visit St Petersburg? Thinking of going in 2016 on Azura.....

I organised a private 2 day tour with Allah Tours they were very good and did all the arranging regards visas etc. We paid for the tour at the start of the second day. We would use them again! Oldgrouchuk.

Have a look at Guide Guru Tours and you will see half day, 1 day and 2 day Tours :)

If you look on P&O's website for a cruise visiting St Petersburg, it should have details of the tours that typically are run. Hopefully there will be some visiting attractions that you haven't already visited.

Incidentally have you been inside the Church on the Spilled Blood? That place is fantastically decorated, both inside and out, and I think I will remember it even longer than the visit to the Hermitage.

I would definitely do a P&O tour - either a coach or a small group minibus - or a tour with Alla or similar rather than going off on your own. There is so much to see in St Petersburg and you need a guide. Also, I think it is a lot safer to be under the protection of a guide.