Beverage Package Pricing Increase

I'm not cancelling. I just misunderstood. My agreement with Celebrity has a value so My concern is when I upgrade is it based on the New pricing.

Your comment from this morning wasn't clear to me if you were still confused or had concern about the cost to upgrade from the Classic to Premium package. The "official" Celebrity profile cleared this up in Post #289. Click here.

Hi all,

The following changes will be:

• Soda Package $8.00 --> $9.00
  • Premium Water Package $14.00 --> $16.00
  • Classic N/A Beverage Package $16.00 --> $18.00
  • Premium N/A Beverage Package $20.00 --> $22.00
  • Classic Beverage Package $49.00 --> $55.00
  • Premium Beverage Package $59.00 --> $65.00

The prices also do not include the 18% gratuity.

I am sorry but the drink prices on Celebrity are becoming obscene. It use to be that they were better than what we had in our local restaurants, then they went up to being about what we pay on land, now they have outpaced what we usually pay when we go out to a nice restaurant.

I guess that's good since it means we will cut down on our drinking.

It looks like Celebrity has decided to be proactive: I am on a T/A in 2 weeks -- no bev perks for T/As, so we purchased a bev package. Yesterday I received an email informing me that the bev pkg prices would be increasing 4/20 and advising me that I may wish to purchase or upgrade a package prior to 4/17 (4 days before my sailing).

To my mind, this shows basic courtesy. It's also a good business risk management, since the customer relations folks can now say to the line of irate passengers, "But we informed you of the planned increase."

Thumbs-up.

No one has mentioned that those who have the free classic package (at $49)

will be required to pay an additional $6 per day before they can make use of the free package

;)

:eek: Now you are just trying to stir up trouble!

will be required to pay an additional $6 per day before they can make use of the free package

;)

Perhaps that is because it is not true? If you have the free or previously purchased Classic package you will not need to pay anything additional if you stay on the Classic package.

;)

Perhaps that is because it is not true? If you have the free or previously purchased Classic package you will not need to pay anything additional if you stay on the Classic package.

I am pretty sure the winky emoticon was intended to convey that he was kidding... thus my comment that he was just stirring up trouble. (And so it seems he has accomplished his goal :) )

;)

Thanks for saying this - even in jest - because I was terrified this thread was going to die out. My husband is worried about how I'll spend my days if there are no new posts to this thread to investigate.

I suppose I could wander over to the fresh squeezed OJ thread ...

Thanks for saying this - even in jest - because I was terrified this thread was going to die out. My husband is worried about how I'll spend my days if there are no new posts to this thread to investigate.

There's always a new drama waiting just around the corner for this board. I'm sure you'll find some way to spend your days ;)

You want a board that doesn't stop? How about this one. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2139059

140 pages and 2789 posts for a cruise 683 days away......

There are over 350 signed up on the roll call, tours, Singing groups, Cigar Smokers and items like T-shirts and mugs to purchase. Every day is another 20-40 posts.

Oh, and "pick your perk" is BAAAcccckkkk.

There are over 350 signed up on the roll call, tours, Singing groups, Cigar Smokers and items like T-shirts and mugs to purchase. Every day is another 20-40 posts.

Would love to book that cruise, but I cannot get time off from work In February. If I win the lottery before than.........

You want a board that doesn't stop? How about this one. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2139059

Oh, and "pick your perk" is BAAAcccckkkk.

LOL -- I've only been booked on the Mardi Gras cruise for a couple of weeks, and I'm already exhausted from catching/keeping up with that thread, lol! ;)

But, for anyone thinking about joining us -- OV, CC, Aqua, & Suites have been sold out for a while. And, let me tell you -- the pickings are slim, in the veranda category! :eek:

Geez, I love me some keeners.

Ahem. And - staying on topic - I'll bet they've all purchased the wobbly pops beverage package, regardless of its price. :)

;)

Your over a week late for April Fool's, and the correct price was posted many many post back. So at this stage of the thread you are only making an April Fool of yourself, or just a Troll.

Edited by wallie5446