Beverage Package Pricing Increase

NOT FAIR Sara!:D

I dont get off for another 2 hours!

I do have a 2015 Founders KBG nestled away!;)

Oh man! Keep that under lock & key ;)

Do you think that we would be able to take on two bombers of craft beer vs the 2 bottles of wine per stateroom?

My other weakness is Bourbon Barrel aged Stouts:eek:

I have around 18-20 different ones ageing in the cool confines of an inner cubbard:D that range from 9-17.8% alc.

You & my DH would get along great! Those are his weaknesses as well :D;)

01_2.jpg

02_1.jpg

Do you think that we would be able to take on two bombers of craft beer vs the 2 bottles of wine per stateroom?

That is only reasonable and fair. How do we get it done?

Petition?

I know right LOL

I did this last yr on the Equinox, and have 2 bommers of The Abyss ageing away to take this yr to share at Sail away!

OUCH! That is like the price on ship!:D

ps: When buying by the case the cost per bottle drops quite a bit more.

I always bring at a minimum a case of wine back on a Transatlantic. In the U.S. the duty on still wine is peanuts, and not worth the paperwork to charge you any duty.

Yah, but your government doesn't overcharge you on duties like our does. Getting a case of wine back into Canada, I'm pretty sure they want my duty money. At the very least I'm sure I'd have to pay HST (13%) on it, but I'm pretty sure they would charge more than that.

Yah, but your government doesn't overcharge you on duties like our does. Getting a case of wine back into Canada, I'm pretty sure they want my duty money. At the very least I'm sure I'd have to pay HST (13%) on it, but I'm pretty sure they would charge more than that.

It works out to almost the price of the wine. My dad brought back a couple cases of two-buck (three-buck) chuck from Palm Springs - was charged about $3 per bottle.

Wallie - if only you could get so excited about the most rewarding of all beverages - wine ! ;)

That is just YHO.

Craft beers have taken over much of the US- Number of breweries has exploded--even wineries adding beer.

IPAs are very strong , but the bourbon barrels have become THE thing now.

Beer fests everywhere.

Life is getting better.:)

but the bourbon barrels have become THE thing now.

Beer fests everywhere.

Life is getting better.:)

Take a close look at my pic in post #743, you will see 4 cases of BB stouts sitting on top of my wifesters wine stash, that I have gaining a tad bit more age till they are put to a wonderful 55 deg chill!

I read pages yesterday, and the recent pages have gotten off topic. Can someone PM me the answer:

Is it $10/Day to upgrade from 123Go to Premium or are they sticking with the $16 gouge upgrade? This would be for my June 2015. I would prefer to use my OBC if it is going to be 10, but I'll call tomorrow to upgrade is necessary.

I read pages yesterday, and the recent pages have gotten off topic. Can someone PM me the answer:

Is it $10/Day to upgrade from 123Go to Premium or are they sticking with the $16 gouge upgrade? This would be for my June 2015. I would prefer to use my OBC if it is going to be 10, but I'll call tomorrow to upgrade is necessary.

Its $10 at the moment. No guarantees as to how long for. Hopefully the ships are now conversant with this. We sail in August. There is no pm function on CC.

Edited by Pushka

all v interesting. please explain to a dimwit brit like me what this has to do with the topic subject ?

Absolutely nothing. :p

Correct, but at times after 700+ comments and back n forth snippits:D, small side bars just happen, that bring us all full circle, and back to the fact that we like this type vacation no matter if we have a different angle on the topic.

Ya'll I enjoyed talkin wif yous bout beer n wine!

Ok, back to cussin bout the topic:D

Thanks. Had no idea we didn't have PMs.

So has there been an actual update from Celebrity that the $16 is NOT happening? I know that it was scheduled to go from 10 to 16 after April 20th.

The $16 is happening for the people that BOUGHT the Classic with their own money. Not for anyone that got it as a picked perk in the 123 program. There was a increase in the price of all the beverage packages and if you wanted to get a better pkg you have to pay the $10 difference plus the increase of $6.

Most of the talk here has been that the difference is still only $10, so why should we have to pay the $6 for something that was given to us to begin with. In the end Celebrity has agreed with this thought process. For how long? That is the new million, OPPS, $6 question.

Correct, but at times after 700+ comments and back n forth snippits:D, small side bars just happen, that bring us all full circle, and back to the fact that we like this type vacation no matter if we have a different angle on the topic.

Ya'll I enjoyed talkin wif yous bout beer n wine!

Ok, back to cussin bout the topic:D

And we seem to be in agreement about the off-topic stuff which is nice. :p

When I spoke to Celebrity yesterday, I upgraded from classic to premium for a cost of US$10.00 per person per day plus 18% gratuity.

I asked about the supposed increase as of 20 April and the consultant I spoke to couldn't see any details on confirmed increases coming up.

It may or may not be coming, but I would recommend to call Celebrity for yourself before upgrading in a rush.

I was planning on purchasing the upgrade this week regardless so went ahead anyways.

Well if it's happening tomorrow is the last chance to upgrade or purchase in advance before the stated price increase, might not happen but we were unwilling to take that chance and purchased before the deadline.

Absolutely everything....it's called Celebrity group therapy.:) From time to time , we do need it.:D

not sure who the "we" refers to but I can categorically state it does not include moi. [emoji13]