Beverage Package Pricing Increase

Hi all,

Hadn't logged in since embarkation but just got the Featured Today flyer dated April 15, 2015. Says the 123 upgrade from classic to premium is $10 per day, with 18% gratuity. No limitations on how and when you got the classic package is identified. So maybe progress here?? :D

Will report tomorrow when I try again.

Thanks!

Good luck to mmorrow

Any chance of a scan of the X Today Flyer?:)

Wallie !!

The only thing for sure is - if the price of the beverage package increases , punters will try harder to make sure they get their full $ value plus more . Love the DogFish .

The GastroBar set me on the road of searching for the Dogfish!

image.jpg.7bf73000a1f92414c93478874d051db5.jpg

Why do we have to pay drink gratuity when we have already payed gratuity upfront:eek::eek:

Michael's, they could say it was any amount, it matters not, as we never sign a slip, and everything shows as a ZERO on our final statement.

EW

I suppose it is rare and exotic, but this link should help you. ;)

Thanks Walter, 5 of the 7 places withing 10 miles of the house I shop on a weekly basis. We have a local DFW Craft group on the book of faces:D that every store in a 50-75 mile radius uses to announce new stock.

My other weakness is Bourbon Barrel aged Stouts:eek:

I have around 18-20 different ones ageing in the cool confines of an inner cubbard:D that range from 9-17.8% alc.

OK, sorry to run around the barn, but yapping about great craft beer is a pleasure, almost as much as yappin bout a cruise! Back to the topic at hand.

EW

Hi all,

Hadn't logged in since embarkation but just got the Featured Today flyer dated April 15, 2015. Says the 123 upgrade from classic to premium is $10 per day, with 18% gratuity. No limitations on how and when you got the classic package is identified. So maybe progress here?? :D

Will report tomorrow when I try again.

Thanks!

Okie Dokie! Any update on if the Co got this all straightened out for you?

Hi there,

I read earlier in the week a thread / post regarding an increase in cost to the upgrade cost from Classic Beverage to Premium Beverage Packages as of 20 April.

I have just contacted Celebrity today and upgraded from classic to premium for a cost of US$10.00 per person per day plus 18% gratuity.

I asked about the supposed increase as of 20 April and the consultant I spoke to couldn't see any details on confirmed increases coming up.

It may or may not be coming, but I would recommend to call Celebrity for yourself before upgrading in a rush.

I was planning on purchasing the upgrade this week regardless so went ahead anyways.

Hi there,

I read earlier in the week a thread / post regarding an increase in cost to the upgrade cost from Classic Beverage to Premium Beverage Packages as of 20 April.

I have just contacted Celebrity today and upgraded from classic to premium for a cost of US$10.00 per person per day plus 18% gratuity.

I asked about the supposed increase as of 20 April and the consultant I spoke to couldn't see any details on confirmed increases coming up.

It may or may not be coming, but I would recommend to call Celebrity for yourself before upgrading in a rush.

I was planning on purchasing the upgrade this week regardless so went ahead anyways.

Where oh where have you been? On a cruise:D we have been discussing the end of the world all week on this one! Welcome to the party, tho the keg has been floated. ;)

Where oh where have you been? On a cruise:D we have been discussing the end of the world all week on this one! Welcome to the party, tho the keg has been floated. ;)

Can you clarify? Was said keg on the Classic Package, or the Premium? ;)

Edited by CanadianDee

Wallie - if only you could get so excited about the most rewarding of all beverages - wine ! ;)

We do! Our day to day is a South Eastern Australia Shiraz from the Black Opal Winery in Nuriootpa. When we were told that it would no longer be shipped to the U.S., the wifester stocked all she could find. We first tried it at a wine tasting on the RCCL Mariner in 2007.

She has let me store a few of my Barrell aged Stouts with it:D

image.jpg.6b8fba39e92f7ac2f4076704e45b2371.jpg

Edited by wallie5446

We do! Our day to day is a South Eastern Australia Shiraz from the Black Opal Winery in Nuriootpa. When we were told that it would no longer be shipped to the U.S., the wifester stocked all she could find. We first tried it at a wine tasting on the RCCL Mariner in 2007.

She has let me store a few of my Barrell aged Stouts with it:D

Thats in South Australia - my state. I've noticed several South Australian wines on many Cruise ships but we usually drink Spanish or French wines in the Med.

Black Opal grapes are sourced from Barossa Valley and Langhorne Creek.

Edited by Pushka

Thats in South Australia - my state. I've noticed several South Australian wines on many Cruise ships but we usually drink Spanish or French wines in the Med.

Black Opal grapes are sourced from Barossa Valley and Langhorne Creek.

The wine Master does one fine job blending the grapes! Here it is a US $10 price point, and we have not found a comparable replacement. Well we did, but can't handle the 'upgrade' cost!:D

The wine Master does one fine job blending the grapes! Here it is a US $10 price point, and we have not found a comparable replacement. Well we did, but can't handle the 'upgrade' cost!:D

:D

Its $12 AUD here so $10 is about right. Thats cheap for a Wolf Blass Red.

Edited by Pushka

I envy those of you in the US and Australia who can by decent wines for under $10.

Wines that you buy there for under ten dollars, sell in Ontario for $25 +

OUCH! That is like the price on ship!:D

ps: When buying by the case the cost per bottle drops quite a bit more.

OUCH! That is like the price on ship!:D

ps: When buying by the case the cost per bottle drops quite a bit more.

Unfortunately on any one trip, we can bring back two 750mL bottles per adult. One of these days I will try bringing back a case and see how the duty works out on a case of wine.

Unfortunately on any one trip, we can bring back two 750mL bottles per adult. One of these days I will try bringing back a case and see how the duty works out on a case of wine.

I always bring at a minimum a case of wine back on a Transatlantic. In the U.S. the duty on still wine is peanuts, and not worth the paperwork to charge you any duty.