pool - When will the in-room coffee machines vanish?

The machines likely saved NCL money, but with the room service fee on the horizon they will now cost NCL in lost room service fees.

So let's have a little fun in the midst of the recent deluge of bickering and negative chatter.

The object is to guess the date that NCL will announce or enact the removal of the coffee machines. I guess they could do a promo, sail during this paticular week and get a free coffee machine! Would save them disposal fees!

One guess per person. And please try to pick unique dates.

I'm going with 5/3/2015

thanks for playing

The machines likely saved NCL money' date=' but with the room service fee on the horizon they will now cost NCL in lost room service fees.

So let's have a little fun in the midst of the recent deluge of bickering and negative chatter.

The object is to guess the date that NCL will announce or enact the removal of the coffee machines. I guess they could do a promo, sail during this paticular week and get a free coffee machine! Would save them disposal fees!

I'm going with 5/3/2015

thanks for playing[/quote']

You're off base... there will be a $3 dollar per use FEE charged to your room each time you brew a pot. Why remove a cash cow from the room :)

With a bang & fireworks, on the 4th of July, 2015 weekend ... saying that most guests wouldn't need access to hot water & can always get coffee DIY at the buffet (and, get rid of the tiny cups at O'Sheehans & the 3 bigger pots there) and that is, as a test, of course, at no extra charge for everyone's convenience to simplify housekeeping work for the stewards. :D

-

Oops, right - or, swipe your Guest Keycard to use it on a daily basis, for a low flat rate of $x. xx

-

Ditto, locked mini-refrigerator, unless ...

-

Aren't we evil & bad here, LOL. :confused:

Edited by mking8288

With a bang & fireworks, on the 4th of July, 2015 weekend ... saying that most guests wouldn't need access to hot water & can always get coffee DIY at the buffet (and, get rid of the tiny cups at O'Sheehans & the 3 bigger pots there) and that is, as a test, of course, at no extra charge for everyone's convenience to simplify housekeeping work for the stewards. :D

-

Oops, right - or, swipe your Guest Keycard to use it on a daily basis, for a low flat rate of $x. xx

-

Ditto, locked mini-refrigerator, unless ...

-

Aren't we evil & bad here, LOL. :confused:

I was going to say July 4th myself but since you beat me to the bunch, I'll go with sailing beginning on June 6, 2015

Feb, March, or April 2016 - I notice these changes are happening around Easter - Spring Break and next year, Easter is on March 27. So watch; they're going to an make announcement about something unrelated in February and quietly remove the machines sometime around that time frame.

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

The machines likely saved NCL money' date=' but with the room service fee on the horizon they will now cost NCL in lost room service fees.

I'm going with 5/3/2015

thanks for playing[/quote']

who can set a date, it might happen tomorrow and it may never happen. They really have only had them available for about 6 0r 7 years. At the beginning they were in all cabins, than it was changed to just bc and above. I am not sure anyone is going to find your little poll fun, there have been way too many polls and threads about the changes NCL has made. It is getting boring...

who can set a date, it might happen tomorrow and it may never happen. They really have only had them available for about 6 0r 7 years. At the beginning they were in all cabins, than it was changed to just bc and above. I am not sure anyone is going to find your little poll fun, there have been way too many polls and threads about the changes NCL has made. It is getting boring...

Thank you for you interest and comments, sorry you chose not to have fun. I do believe we have a few here that are chosing to have fun... I am on the brink of another pool, you are more than welcome to participate in any way you chose, or simply ignore it. I can assure you that I won't take it personally. And a detail regarding the above reply, this is a pool, not a poll.

Hey, you kids! Get off my lawn!!!

Thank you for you interest and comments' date=' sorry you chose not to have fun. I do believe we have a few here that are chosing to have fun... I am on the brink of another pool, you are more than welcome to participate in any way you chose, or simply ignore it. I can assure you that I won't take it personally. And a detail regarding the above reply, this is a pool, not a poll.[/quote']

Changed my mind, posted a poll rather a pool.