Look who has just arrived on Anthem of the Seas

At least the giraffe has some sort of relationship to the water! The pink bear makes no sense to me at all! The Giraffe is adorable, especially since he looks like he is getting ready to jump in the pool! I like it!

Lauri

I can`t believe the negative posts on here have any idea of the fun side of cruising at all. That is why they don`t get it because they have no sense of fun or humour. I bet your the ones we see complaining at customer services all the time.

Anyway I can`t wait to have my picture taken with GERRY!!!!:p:p:p

I can`t believe the negative posts on here have any idea of the fun side of cruising at all. That is why they don`t get it because they have no sense of fun or humour. I bet your the ones we see complaining at customer services all the time.

Welcome to Cruise Critic. :D

I couldn't agree more! A little whimsy and imagination is a good thing! I was quite surprised to read all the negativity! I too will be getting my picture taken with Gerry/Gina!! Still rooting for Gina though!

Most of these same people have posted negative remarks about a ship having ifly, bumper cars and a bubble that lifts you up in the air. Their view is that these are not fum things to do on a cruise so why are they there? After being on the ship I can honestly say we enjoyed all of them and even had our picture taken next to the bear.

We loved the ship, the shows and the food.

Our one complaint was that all the complimentary dining room service is still a work in progress.

But why is it wearing what looks remarkably similar to a Brazil football shirt???:)

You try standing out in the sun all day without a shirt and see what happens. Sailing out of NJ, hopefully she has a snow suit too. :D

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You try standing out in the sun all day without a shirt and see what happens. Sailing out of NJ, hopefully she has a snow suit too. :D

She has a rubber ring on for sailing out of Southampton in the rain.

I love how all Americans on here now are forgetting that the UK has her for 6 months first before she becomes a US citizen.

She has a rubber ring on for sailing out of Southampton in the rain.

I love how all Americans on here now are forgetting that the UK has her for 6 months first before she becomes a US citizen.

I love how you Brits worry about what us Yanks think. ;) :D

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Happy, crazy, whimsical. Who wants normal on vaca? :)

Depending on where they put it, it could be pretty cute and unexpected to find it looking over the top from somewhere else. I would bet it would make most want to go over to the other side to see what the heck it is.

Seems it did what art is supposed to do; has everyone talking, strikes the visceral love/hate nerve and is controversial.

Happy, crazy, whimsical. Who wants normal on vaca? :)

Depending on where they put it, it could be pretty cute and unexpected to find it looking over the top from somewhere else. I would bet it would make most want to go over to the other side to see what the heck it is.

Seems it did what art is supposed to do; has everyone talking, strikes the visceral love/hate nerve and is controversial.

Well said! I can't wait to see this happy, crazy, whimsical piece of art!

For all the Brits and Yanks, sorry to disappoint, her Daddy is French!!

Francios Fourtou is the artist who was born is Paris, now lives in Marrakech, Morocco. She has a sister, Solange Fourtou, who still lives at home in their living room and never ventures outside. She prefers to entertain at home. Gigi Fourtou, however, is the crazy sister in the family that just cannot be held down and must travel. Most modes of transit just didn't work for her and she was not satisfied with open truck travel - too unsophisticated for the elegant Gigi. She wanted to cruise full time and see the world. She convinced her Dad she didn't need a lot of travel clothes as she intended to just 'hang by the pool and be posh'. Daddy had to go to the 'big and tall girls' shop to get her stylish yellow bathing suit. Gigi, extremely confident, has no body image issues about her height or weight and was reported to have said, 'I do not plan to be caught dead in a cover-up at any time. Big girls don't cry - so love me or leave me'. Her father's one requirement was that she had to wear her pink inner tube at all times, which she agreed since she views it is more of a 'trending fashion statement piece'.

When Mr. Fourtou was asked how he felt about sending Gigi off, he said, '"you have to let your kids leave home, and I think it great she's going to see the world and have a great adventure".

WELCOME ABOARD GIGI FOURTOU. SEE YOU ON DECK 15!!!!!

Her official name is Gigi and here is her ride to the boat.

Thanks for that, but the official video from Royal Caribbean is here

It's the same video as meripour posted but without the copyright lawsuit for posting RCCL's video as their own.