How is the 7nt cruise to Bermuda?

Vitamin_Sea

IMHO you can never be bored in Bermuda. I have been numerous times and it is still my favourite place to go. I would suggest checking out the Bermuda board but we like Horseshoe Bay Beach 1 day, Tobacco Bay in St. George 1 day and the aquarium and zoo another. There is so much to see and do in Bermuda and it is very easy to navigate on your own without having to pay for shore excursions.

IMHO you can never be bored in Bermuda. I have been numerous times and it is still my favourite place to go. I would suggest checking out the Bermuda board but we like Horseshoe Bay Beach 1 day, Tobacco Bay in St. George 1 day and the aquarium and zoo another. There is so much to see and do in Bermuda and it is very easy to navigate on your own without having to pay for shore excursions.

thanks so much

This is on the Summit

Its actually 3 full days in Kings wharf then all the sea days.

Will it be boring being in the same port?

Were not keen on excursions.

THanks

Look at my cruise history. We really like the Bermuda cruise as it gives us the flexibility to do what we want, while providing a hotel with free food for when we're not out and about. Get a transit pass so you can freely move about the islands, and plan where to go based on what the cruise line offers or what you can find online. Bermuda has some fantastic beaches (makes DW happy) and fantastic diving (makes me happy). :)

We've had better cruises, for example a two week Med cruise with a big family group, but it was the family that made those better, not the port.

In the interest of full disclosure, DW is from the UK and likes the atmosphere. Get to know the locals, they're friendly, helpful, and really appreciate tourists.

Look at my cruise history. We really like the Bermuda cruise as it gives us the flexibility to do what we want, while providing a hotel with free food for when we're not out and about. Get a transit pass so

thanks... where do we get the transit pass?

Limoguy1,

Tell us a little about yourself and your travel party. The other posters may be able to provide you with some ideas that are of interest to you. This is the 4th year in a row that we are doing Summit to Bermuda. The ferry/bus passes are available right on the pier. They are well marked, but all you really have to do is follow the growd on the first day. When are you sailing?

Limoguy1,

Tell us a little about yourself and your travel party. The other posters may be able to provide you with some ideas that are of interest to you. This is the 4th year in a row that we are doing Summit to Bermuda. The ferry/bus passes are available right on the pier. They are well marked, but all you really have to do is follow the growd on the first day. When are you sailing?

Well for this one, Its me (53) and my 18yo daughter. Like outdoor activities, walking, biking, beach.

first week in July

Edited by limoguy1

We loved our 2 cruises to Bermuda on Zenith when we docked & overnighted in Hamilton and St. Georges. The was a lot to do and the beaches were wonderful.

We did a repositioning with a stop at the dockyards that we did not care for at all. Maybe because we were not there very long and did not have the inclination to take public transportation to either Hamilton or St. Georges.

If there were a small ship repeating the Zenith itinerary we would book in a heart beat.

thanks... where do we get the transit pass?

There are a couple of different booths right outside the ship for the

passes.....You can buy them right there at King's Wharf.....that is

where the ship docks.

Please Describe what the transit pass includes

You can buy a 2 or 3 day pass....it includes all public transit.....busses

and the ferries.

oh ok.. So a 3 day pass would be ideal.

how much are they

I don't remember....I haven't been to Bermuda in almost 2 years......

I think when I was there it was 25.00?....But I only purchased a 2

day pass.....the final day I just hung out around the Navy Yard since

the ship sails back that day.

I would suggest going over to the Bermuda forum and you can get

tons and tons of information over there. Here is a link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=196

Edited by Lois R

This is on the Summit

Its actually 3 full days in Kings wharf then all the sea days.

Will it be boring being in the same port?

Were not keen on excursions.

THanks

We LOVE Bermuda! I especially like the itinerary Celebrity has for Bermuda. 3 FULL days is awesome! You can come and go as you please which is great.

Our first few sailings we did the 3 day passes like others have suggested. Its safe, comfortable, & a nice way to see the island..however it can be a long wait to get on the ferries or buses in the dockyard especially now that NCL has their big ship there. Now whatever day we decide to head into St George we do a 1 day pass for the ferry...the rest of the time we take a taxi.

I found taking a taxi to certain places to be the better more convienent option for us. For 4 of us to go to Sea Glass beach in a taxi it was $20 round trip (go to the Bermuda board & search Sea Glass Beach...IMO a must see in Bermuda its great & right outside of the Dockyard)

Taxi to Horseshoe Bay was roughly $30...and honestly worth every penny. It dropped us off right at the entrance to the beach and took us all the way back to the boat. Its quite a walk to the busses or ferries from the ship...especially when you're lugging a cooler, snorkel gear, beach bag, etc....

Keep in mind this was pricing from 2 years ago.

They also do scooter rentals...but I'm to scared to do that! LOL

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=46026260&postcount=1

Since we're headed back to Bermuda next month, we've been watching for this season's bus/ferry information. This was posted by a regular on the Ports of Call -- Bermuda boards (a great source of information, BTW). Looks like the 1,2,& 3-day bus/ferry passes have just gone up. Instead of getting a 3-day pass this cruise, we'll just go the 2-day route.

What's a good stateroom for 4 adults, that won't break the bank.

You could check with the cruiseline and see if any of the Family View (FV) staterooms are available, on your cruise. I've only seen them on cabin crawls, but the cabins are very roomy, and the FV's on Summit have an amazing aft balconies! :cool:

When purchasing the day passes, do they take a credit card or can I use American dollars?

They take cash (American) at the ticket kiosk, but they don't sell tokens/passes on the buses/ferries themselves. And, you'll be fine with American currency in Bermuda -- it seems to be a preferable method of payment, in most shops and restaurants! :cool:

They take cash (American) at the ticket kiosk, but they don't sell tokens/passes on the buses/ferries themselves. And, you'll be fine with American currency in Bermuda -- it seems to be a preferable method of payment, in most shops and restaurants! :cool:

Thank you.

BTW -- I still do inquire as to whether posted prices are in US $$ (if it's not clear), and request that my change be in US currency. Although, at one shop, I did get a few Bermudan coins in change -- which I kept as souvenirs. :cool:

What's a good stateroom for 4 adults, that won't break the bank.

Are you talking about two couples, or a couple and two adult children? If the former, unless you get a very large suite (and I have never sailed in one, so look to someone else for expertise) there are no cabins that comfortably hold four adults. FV cabins can accommodate four adults, but accommodate and comfort are two very different things. FV cabins are larger (and the corner ones are quite large), but they still only have one bathroom and the second couple sleeping arrangements are not the most comfortable. You can make do with two adult children but I would feel awkward to say the least with another couple unless you were super, super close. Corner S1 Sky Suites on S class are even larger (albeit more expensive!), but they also have only one bathroom and no physical divider at all between the main bed and the sofa bed. (FV's have a somewhat transparent divider)