Cruising in the Summer?

heathernm

Could anyone tell me whether there are Cruise lines that sail in the Summer months? Looking to go in July with out breaking the bank. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cruise ships travel all year round. The only times they aren't on the sea or in port is when they're in dry dock getting renovated or having repairs.

Is there a specific area of the world you're interested in? Summer is a great time to visit Alaska (by nature of the climate, there's rarely cruise ships that sail Alaskan itineraries outside of May through September.

Cruise ships go constantly, except for dry docks every couple of years. So, yes, you can say every cruise ship sails every summer.

Now, if you are asking about a particular region, that is a more complex question. In the Summer, most ships are in Alaska or Europe. Only about 5 or 6 are in the Caribbean.

Go to http://www.cruisetimetables.com and from the top list (Departure Ports) choose Galveston, or whatever port also interests you. then select the month you want to cruise. It will tell you which ships are sailing from there, and their itineraries. Or you can scroll down to the second list and choose ports you would like to visit. EM

Edited by Essiesmom

OCruisers - Who would you recommend? Also - Since July is right around the corner, am I required to pay everything up front?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We are not allowed to discuss or recommend travelagents/agencies on Cruise Critic. Each cruise line has their own requirements for when final payment is due. Often it is 60 - 75 days before sailing, depending on length of cruise. EM