Best/easiest way from Venice Airport to cruise port?

kas37

Getting close to our Cruise on NCL Jade!!!! Flying into the Marco Polo airport in Venice, what is the best or easist way to get to the Port? Mobility is not an issue.... Just two of us.... THANK YOU!

easiest ... a taxi will drop you at the pier for about 40E. A 20 minute ride

since you're mobile, the cheapest option is the ATVO express bus. It drops you at Piazzale Roma, 7E pp for a 20 minute ride. Then you walk a block to the People Mover (monorail) that takes you to the pier for about 1.5 E, a 3 minute ride, then walk 3-4 blocks to your ship.

http://europeforvisitors.com/venice/articles/vi-transport.htm

IMHO water taxi is the only way to arrive. I'll be there for my fourth visit on 5/4/15 and I will still use a water taxi.

I am assuming you are arriving in daylight hours.

Of course there are cheaper alternatives, such as land taxi to Pizzale Roma, the last point where vehicles can reach. You could also use the Alliguna water bus, which is cheap,

Edited by Trevor Fountain

IMHO water taxi is the only way to arrive. I'll be there for my fourth visit on 5/4/15 and I will still use a water taxi.

I am assuming you are arriving in daylight hours.

Of course there are cheaper alternatives, such as land taxi to Pizzale Roma, the last point where vehicles can reach. You could also use the Alliguna water bus, which is cheap,

Yes we arrive daytime....water taxi sounds fun and a unique thing to do!!! are they available right at the airport? easy to find and figure out which one you want/need? thanks!!!!

Water taxis available at the desk as you exit the arrivals hall. You get a voucher with the taxi's number. You walk 8 minutes to the pier. Pay the driver -about 100 euros. The trip isn't that interesting unless you ask him to detour down the grand canal. They are unique- much better value than a gondola ride.

Getting close to our Cruise on NCL Jade!!!! Flying into the Marco Polo airport in Venice, what is the best or easist way to get to the Port? Mobility is not an issue.... Just two of us.... THANK YOU!

Best or easiest or value ?

IMHO I'd say best experience is watertaxi. It was so neat after the long flight to step off and then go by water. We docked and was another short walk to our hotel. We had such a great time we booked watertaxi as well to the ship. I agree with the other poster better in many ways than gondola as we had a hotel that required sail into grandcanal and then up a smaller waterway!

It is a short walk to the waiting boats and nothing can compare to that experience, but does cost a lot more. THey can be prebooked but if you do research and know the price probably can just walk up and hire one as well.

For two people might try and find another couple to share a boat as they can hold 4 with reasonable luggage.

p1101905665-3.jpg

p1101905679-3.jpg

p1101905699-3.jpg

p1101905711-3.jpg

p1101905728-3.jpg

A water taxi would be great if you're willing to pay extra for a scenic ride down the Canal, even it's just for a short trip.

Otherwise for 110 E you're just crossing the 'lagoon' and seeing the Venice skyline.

Where are you arriving from, and at what time? If jet lag isn't a factor, take a cab to the port, check-in to the ship, then hop on the People Mover to Piazzale Roma and take a scenic ride down the Grand Canal.

As much as I usually don't do this in Venice we took the ship transfer. We were met at the luggage carousel, someone took our luggage and the next time we saw it was in our cabin. It was about $25pp. We didn't have to take our luggage to a cab or wait on the check in line with it. We had what we needed for the day. When we arrived at the ship we checked in, had lunch and were off again to explore Venice (overnight in Venice at start of cruise).