couple of questions from a newbie

Hi all

1. Just booked my first cruise (sailing on Allure in September for honeymoon).

We bought the SELECT drinks package and wondered what soft drinks are available within this package, I keep reading about fizzy drinks machines then discovered the separate package for bottled water but are you able to get squash or flavoured water also?

2. Read that travel irons are not permitted, so to get something ironed is it expensive?

3. What is the Med waters usually like in September??

4. Is there free classes on during the day e.g. cooking classes

Many thanks in advance for your replies!!

1: no idea what squash is. flavored waters are free and available in the Windjammer lemonade is NON carbonated, and also available free in the Windjammer, SODA (fizzy drinks) is available through the bartenders as well as the drink machines under the package

2: no ironing facilities on board but pressing is available at half the cost of dry cleaning

3: No idea

4: depends on the ship's Activity director and what they offer. I have seen demonstration( napkin folding, etc,) but never an actual class that was free other than a random dance class

Hi all

We bought the SELECT drinks package and wondered what soft drinks are available within this package, I keep reading about fizzy drinks machines then discovered the separate package for bottled water but are you able to get squash or flavoured water also?

2. Read that travel irons are not permitted, so to get something ironed is it expensive?

Hi and welcome to Cruise Critic and to cruising!

If you haven't already, I recommend you seek out the Roll Call for you sailing, where you can interact with others going on the same cruise. Allure's Roll Calls are here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=578

1. I'll defer to the drinks package experts, but I have enjoyed complimentary lemonade and flavored water; so you should be fine. I did find the following link to a summary of Royal's drink package that may help or just confuse matters more. http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/menus/beverage_packages.pdf

2. Yes, getting something ironed will be expensive. I try to pack to minimize wrinkling. Others have recommended products such as Downy Wrinkle release and still others have successfully taken steamers aboard.

3. While bad weather can crop up anytime, you have two things working in your favor: 1) Your honeymoon falls in the peak Mediterranean cruising season (May-August) so it's the best time to go and offers the best conditions of the year and; 2) You're going on one of the biggest and most advanced cruise ships afloat and a whole lot of effort goes into keeping you comfortable, happy, and safe.

4. I can't answer about cooking classes, but the array of activities on Allure will no doubt have you wishing for more hours in the day. You can probably find a recent Compass, the ship's daily newsletter, that will give an idea of what Allure will offer each day. Bear in mind that the specific activities change from cruise to cruise.

I hope you find some helpful info in that. Have a great and romantic Mediterranean honeymoon sail in Allure!

Sorry to ask this on your thread but I can't seem to find the new thread button on this site. Might be because I am using a phone. But I also had a newbie question. How formal is formal night for the three night majesty of the seas cruise? My boyfriend wanted to know of he had to bring a full on suit.

thanks in advanced,

Llisel

Sorry to ask this on your thread but I can't seem to find the new thread button on this site. Might be because I am using a phone. But I also had a newbie question. How formal is formal night for the three night majesty of the seas cruise? My boyfriend wanted to know of he had to bring a full on suit.

thanks in advanced,

Llisel

You will see everything from shorts and sandals to tuxedos. Wear whatever you wish.

On a 3 nighter, formal night is night 2...and you won't see many suits or tuxes! Shorter cruises are a bit more casual than longer cruises. Nice slacks and a collared shirt will not be out of place...and a jacket, if he wants!

Sorry squash is diluting juice!

that would be the OJ and apple juice available in the morning at the WJ. Fresh squeezed OJ costs money and is part of some packages.

sometimes you can also get cranberry juice

There was another thread on here a little while ago where a woman was asking about squash for her children. She was advised to take it with her, so I assume that means you won't find any on board. Although the lemonade sounds pretty similar.

Hi all

We live in Spain and I can tell you September is lovely. I did the same cruise on the NCL Epic last June and I can tell you that if you go to all the ports you don't actually get a lot of time on the ship, just that one day cruising. You tend to get up early to get on a tour or pick up your hire car then you get back just in time to have a shower and go for dinner. We are also on the Allure in September (20th) with my inlaws and I can't wait.

Have fun

Gail xx