RCL to offer tax free cruise "Promo"

Thanks! The chance for us to lose the room is too risky for me. There may already be someone on a waiting list to get the room if it opens up, so I will rather still pay the $160. Over the 8 days it is only $20 per day and well worth it. I was happy with the price we first paid, and we already got a price drop.

I can save a similar situation to yours. I can get the price lowered by $301.32, but would lose the $300 OBC from RC, but would gain $100 OBC from TA. (So, roughly a savings of $101.32.) The only thing is I don't want to lose my current stateroom. I like the deck and it's location. The RC rep told my TA that there was a possibility of losing the room when she goes to rebook it. (Only a 5 minute window...but, still.)

Has anyone been able to rebook and go tax free after final payment? Don't see that in the terms and conditions.

.....for credit I mean

I would be very surprised if any credits would be given after final payment. It's been years since Royal stopped that.

Was in the process of booking 2 cabins for August 2 IOS so waited to get quote on both Friday and Sat after the tax promotion started. Was able to go to the D1 category on Deck 8 for less than the quote for Deck 6&7 category F large outside view. Like the almost midships much better. I am happy with it.

I am trying to decide if the new promo would be a good deal for us..our cruise is paid off but final payment date is April 21.

Current booking is $2516 with $100 OBC and $257 in taxes

With current sale same room is $2449

Is a savings of 67.00 but if they adjust the taxes it would appear to be a savings of $257+$67 =$324..which is better than the $100 OBC but I am not sure I am doing my math correctly.

room with taxes was 1506..room without taxes would be 1633..we get higher BOGOHO..current room is 753 under new promo 817.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

This is a great deal for some cruises it seems. Our group just saved $950 on the Oasis in November thanks to rebooking and no taxes. Three of the rooms were actually cheaper and room for four went up $20. Four people was savings of $430 since taxes were $450. Think they hit a homer with this sale.

Did any of you who rebooked for this sale have to come up with the full deposit in place of the 50% deposit? (This would apply to those who originally booked under the BOGO50 deal.) I know that I would lose the $300 OBC, but didn't think that I would also have to come up with the additional 50% deposit fee.

Also, just an FYI, though the sale states that it only applies to cruises up to March 31, 2016...it also includes some beyond that. My TA checked and it did apply to mine that isn't until April of 2016. Worth checking into!

Did any of you who rebooked for this sale have to come up with the full deposit in place of the 50% deposit? (This would apply to those who originally booked under the BOGO50 deal.) I know that I would lose the $300 OBC, but didn't think that I would also have to come up with the additional 50% deposit fee.

Also, just an FYI, though the sale states that it only applies to cruises up to March 31, 2016...it also includes some beyond that. My TA checked and it did apply to mine that isn't until April of 2016. Worth checking into!

Did not have to pay the full deposit with a new booking. Also you can lock in the drink packages right now for future cruises which could be huge savings come next year.

Just got off the phone with RCI..even though we would save the $257 we would have to cancel our entire reservation.:(

We have everything already paid for and she said because of that we would have to cancel everything and hope we could get the same hotel package at the price we got and excursions plus I would have to wait for them to refund the $4900 we have already paid to our card (which from other threads can take forever)..maybe before April 21st (final payment date) they might have a promo we can take advantage of but if not it is ok because we are still going to enjoy our vacation.:)

If you find that this is a savings over a deal that you already have, it means that you did that get a good price for your original deal. All Royals prices are too high now. My cruise would be 500.00 more now then when I booked, that is with the tax break. The only way to beat Royal at there game is to book early and monitor prices everyday. The only way to do this is by using a monitoring service.

The only cruise we had booked for the Caribbean was on Celebrity Reflection for January 2017. Celebrity just started up what they call the Go All Inclusive offer so for our concierge class cabin we just got:

• $300 OBC
  • Free gratuities
  • Free basic drink package for both of us.

Now that is what I call a sale. :)

The only cruise we had booked for the Caribbean was on Celebrity Reflection for January 2017. Celebrity just started up what they call the Go All Inclusive offer so for our concierge class cabin we just got:

• $300 OBC
  • Free gratuities
  • Free basic drink package for both of us.

Now that is what I call a sale. :)

Do you really think that was free?? Maybe some of the cost was built into the price of the cruise?? $300 obc plus $175 prepaid gratuities for two in Concierage for two, and $$840 for drink package for two comes to $1,315. Before they started giving all this free stuff, we used to get the cabins for around $100 p.p. per day which makes it about $800 p.p. with taxes and fee included.

Do you really think that was free?? Maybe some of the cost was built into the price of the cruise?? $300 obc plus $175 prepaid gratuities for two in Concierage for two, and $$840 for drink package for two comes to $1,315. Before they started giving all this free stuff, we used to get the cabins for around $100 p.p. per day which makes it about $800 p.p. with taxes and fee included.

Mine was a sale, $1,250 pp for an 8 night cruise. Drinks = $784 + 18% gratuity, $300 OBC, $240 in tips ($15 per day in CC), totaling $1,465.80 in perks. We end up paying the equivalent of $518 pp, or $65 a day. :)

On the flip side, the CC is now $1,699 with no perks, so someone is paying for it... :confused:

Edited by Stateroom_Sailor

Mine was a sale, $1,250 pp for an 8 night cruise. Drinks = $784 + 18% gratuity, $300 OBC, $240 in tips ($15 per day in CC), totaling $1,465.80 in perks. We end up paying the equivalent of $518 pp, or $65 a day. :)

On the flip side, the CC is now $1,699 with no perks, so someone is paying for it... :confused:

If all that stuff is really free, why can't someone book the cruise for $518p.p.? Allowing for the extra day, the old rate, for 8 days is about $$915 p.p. You paid $1,250. Simple math says the freebies cost $750 per couple. Sounds like still a good deal. What about the people that don't want the freebies? They pay the same as you. So everybody who books that cruise and doesn't want or use all the freebies is subsidizing your cruise. What about the big rise in drink prices. What does that do for the casual drinker? I prefer to only pay for what I want or use, so I'll take the $2,500 the cruise cost and spend it somewhere where I get only what I want and pay for only what I want. As of the current price, it's market driven. If someone is willing to pay it. more power to them. For us people who by on value, not a snowball's chance in H_ll.