I need a favor from someone please

lyban

I'm WOW'd. Not in a good way!!!!

This is worse than airline pricing!!!

Can anyone tell me please where on the RCI website you can find the terms and conditions of the "sale" that tells you if the deposit is refundable or not? I've done some mock bookings to check prices and I can't seem to find terms.

Are they all refundable? Do they ever have any that are non refundable?

I ask because Princess has been doing a lot of sales with better prices but non refundable deposits.

All deposits with Royal are fully refundable up until the date that final payment is due. The only exception is a cruise booked on board which must be transferred to another date in order not to lose the deposit.

I'm WOW'd. Not in a good way!!!!

This is worse than airline pricing!!!

Can anyone tell me please where on the RCI website you can find the terms and conditions of the "sale" that tells you if the deposit is refundable or not? I've done some mock bookings to check prices and I can't seem to find terms.

Are they all refundable? Do they ever have any that are non refundable?

I ask because Princess has been doing a lot of sales with better prices but non refundable deposits.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&snav=2&faqId=227&faqSubjectId=323&faqSubjectName=After+You+Purchase&faqType=faq

Wow! Thanks everybody. I just got back from my outing and did not expect anyone to do this for me so I was really happy and surprised

The reason I asked was that I have been checking prices for 3 weeks every day and always getting different prices and thought that maybe it was me.

I was usually getting between 4,000. and 5,000. USA

Bethco got.....4029.44 USA

Blambky .......says she used wrong date

oneputt got.....2512.00 CAD

trev71 got.......5047.00 CAD

ourusualbeach...5047.00 CAD

Duke Mazer ......4292.54 CAD

Then I phoned April 3rd and spoke with an agent.

Got balcony D1 stateroom on 9th deck.

We are 55 plus, but I believe she said that would not matter

Total Price 2077.00 CAD ( I Booked)

Then I got off phone and checked online again, still got the between 4 and 5 thousand.

And every day since then.

So I do not know how I can even check for price drops?????

How much business are they losing, even if people plan on phoning for their reservation, they usually go online first to get an idea of prices... I almost did not bother phoning because I thought that this cruise was going to be too steep for me.

Thank you so much to all you CCpeople who did this for me.

Now I know I am not losing my mind.

I'm from Ontario and I have a cruise booked in CAD for July. Previously I've found the prices they quoted me to be in CAD but today when I tried to do a booking for you I can only get the price in USD!! I got $2415 + $1257 = $3672. It looks like you got a good price in CAD.

Now, if you have the money, add some onboard credit using CAD. The exchange rate was only 10% when I booked so for $499US (the max they would let me do) I paid just $550. Have a look at the postings for Canadian Cruisers on here. Hope RCCL hasn't changed their exchange rate. Good luck.

All deposits with Royal are fully refundable up until the date that final payment is due. The only exception is a cruise booked on board which must be transferred to another date in order not to lose the deposit.

And that is only if you booked the cruise onboard and took instant OBC I believe. If you book onboard and take the OBC on a future cruise your deposit is refundable.

And that is only if you booked the cruise onboard and took instant OBC I believe. If you book onboard and take the OBC on a future cruise your deposit is refundable.

Ellen, have you seen a link to a PDF that details the new terms?

Thanks again everybody, I am going to phone later tonight when I get a quiet moment and see what they will charge me for OBC in cad.

I have looked everywhere on their site and cannot find any rates.

I am pleased with my price in cad , I would have been pleased even if that had been US dollars because the web site prices were so outrageous.

Let's hope I get some OBC for the same good rate whatever that was...:confused:

I will let you know later

Thanks

Thanks again everybody, I am going to phone later tonight when I get a quiet moment and see what they will charge me for OBC in cad.

I am pleased with my price in cad , I would have been pleased even if that had been US dollars because the web site prices were so outrageous.

Thanks

It was $110 CDN for $100 US about a week ago. I haven't seen any recent posts on that thread.

Here is the link to that thread.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2159570&page=33&highlight=canadian+cruisers

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Thanks

Just bought another $500 this afternoon (around 2:00 pm) and it's still at $1.10 :D... It cost me $550 CAD for $500 U.S.

I just phoned and I did receive OBC of 400. For 440. CAD so that is good. Today's rate is 20% so I am very happy with 10.

Even though my cruise is not till next feb. I do not expect our dollar to do anything too much.

One thing though, they did send me a receipt by email but I notice that does not show up on my reservation page.

Does OBC usually show up somewhere.

Thanks

I just phoned and I did receive OBC of 400. For 440. CAD so that is good. Today's rate is 20% so I am very happy with 10.

Even though my cruise is not till next feb. I do not expect our dollar to do anything too much.

One thing though, they did send me a receipt by email but I notice that does not show up on my reservation page.

Thanks

OBC does not show up on the website, only on the booking invoice they send by email.

Thanks

As this OBC is a gift amenity it will not appear anywhere, not even on your guest booking invoice. There will be a card in your cabin on the first day reminding you of the OBC and the amount.

:eek: This is the same as I got ! Can't imagine paying that for a 7 day cruise.

I agree there is no way I would pay that. I am shocked at some of their prices normally I like to book a year in advance we like to cruise every May. But I cant find one I am willing to pay super high prices on. Just going to hold and see what happens with some of these prices.

Trev

Why not give them a phone call like I did, I got a price for less than half that was showing online as I mentioned in a post up above.

I am going to print off a few cruises that I would like to do and try to book while on board again next month and see if the rates they have are different then the website.

I am going to print off a few cruises that I would like to do and try to book while on board again next month and see if the rates they have are different then the website.

The way prices have been rising lately you should consider putting a deposit down on some of them now. If the price stays the same or drops then cancel and re-book on board. If the price has gone up then you are further ahead. Cancel and get a refund on any you don't want.

I did notice about the third week of March a lot of the the prices in CDN$ took a big jump as they adjusted the exchange rate. Cruises in spring 2016 that were priced at about a 12% premium jumped to a 25% premium.

Edited by Ourusualbeach