Star - Please post accurate information about the azipod problem

NCruiser2012

So she made it through the canal OK. This is good news. Now she just needs to get to the Bahamas drydock and she can be fixed.

I thought I just posted a still photo from the ship web cam, but it obviously was a link to the "active" webcam, so it updates itself automatically - at least it updated itself when I just logged in to CC a few minutes ago.... :) When I originally posted it, you could see that there were a few yards left of the canal crossing...

Edited by TrumpyNor

Has anyone been able to find the position of the Star? We have been unable to find the position for 2 days now and we can see that it is booked for tonight for the Canal.

She went through the canal yesterday. Via the ship's bridge webcam. It was pretty cool to see her in the locks.

Edited by Seaflower50

Just a few more meters, and she is through.....

fullsize.jpg?browser_popup=320x240

It doesn't do any good to post a live link to the ships cam, it updates constantly. If you want to do this grab a screen shot of the cam, save it as a jpg and post that.

It doesn't do any good to post a live link to the ships cam, it updates constantly. If you want to do this grab a screen shot of the cam, save it as a jpg and post that.

As I mentioned in my previous post, I thought I posted it as a still image and not as link to the webcam. My mistake....... Look at it from the positive side - at least now we have a live link directly from the Stars webcam here on CC..... :p

Edited by TrumpyNor

Just about there - off the Miami Coast - less than 100 miles to go.

Looks like she shaved 2 hours off her ETA.

Status this posting:

Passengers Ship

Bahamas

NORWEGIAN STAR

Ship Type:

Passengers Ship

Length × Breadth:

295m × 33m

Draught:

8.6m

Underway using Engine

Speed/Course:

20.8kn / 355°

Destination:

FREEPORT,BAHAMAS

ETA:

2015-04-22 16:00 (UTC)

Received:

3 min ago

(AIS Source: 2010)

http://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/centerx:-79.42966/centery:25.39177/zoom:8/mmsi:311082000/shipid:374130/_:0a31e8f5897aa7d5c11124cd86926eb3

Since the crew worked so hard on her last dry dock they're having some great downtime on the sailing. I've seen some of their photos. I hope they continue to relax so when the people get on for the Trans-Atlantic voyage they're well rested and ready to go! :) Seems like everything is on track for the repairs as well last I heard. She's gotten to the ship yard on time.

Since the crew worked so hard on her last dry dock they're having some great downtime on the sailing. I've seen some of their photos. I hope they continue to relax so when the people get on for the Trans-Atlantic voyage they're well rested and ready to go! :) Seems like everything is on track for the repairs as well last I heard. She's gotten to the ship yard on time.

It seems like you have an "in". Do you know how long the repairs are scheduled to last?

The last item I saw Norwegian post about The Star, they said "technical problem", which I took to mean computer rather than a "mechanical" problem (the azipods themselves).

I wish it were a technical problem for those cancelled on the Panama Canal cruise because that could be fixed without taking the ship out of the water. It's a mechanical "technical" issue with the pod on the under side of the ship though. :(

The last item I saw Norwegian post about The Star, they said "technical problem", which I took to mean computer rather than a "mechanical" problem (the azipods themselves).

They wouldn't have to pull the ship out of the water to fix a computer issue. No question that it is a mechanical issue.

I heard it was one of the azipods that was incorrectly assembled.

So perhaps they had to run one of the Azipods in reverse to go forward ?!?

Azipods are electric propulsion motors maybe they crossed the AC with DC ?!?

She sure did make great time getting to dry dock with no problems that

were reported to the public.

Looking at the mock up of the STAR in dry dock it appears the stern end where

the azipods are positioned is facing land and hopefully someone in Freeport

could check and see what is going on and even photo it.

Also it would nice if when this is all finished maybe NCL could tell us just

what the problem was and the fix. Curiosity killed the cat - Satisfaction brought

it back !

To be on schedule for the TA trip 4/27 she needs to be fixed and out of dry dock

sometime Sunday to sail to Miami for that TA cruise.