Running Back to NCL

2boyzmom

Heh, heh, heh.....but don't blame the entire cruise line for a few negatives. We go back and forth between RCI and NCL and HAL just because we are interested in a certain ship or a destination or a good price or whatever. I admit, NCL has always had a soft spot in my heart since my first cruise and again honeymoon on SS Norway but when RCI came out with Oasis and HAL had the Malt Shop Memories cruise, we didn't feel guilty at all of giving them a go. I suppose it's easier for us since we live in Miami but DH and I laugh sometimes when we find ourselves flying somewhere else to catch a ship, such as Alaska or South Pacific or the Med. So many ships, so little time.

But yeah, NCL is still my favorite overall if I had to choose.

Edited by Diver2014

Just off RCCL Liberty. Decent but service in no way compares to NCL. Room service that never showed, no servers at pools, scowling lady refusing to take dinner reservations. Why do I stray???

One strays to see if the grass is greener on the other side of the fence.

I stray to try different venues.

One does not know till one tries....:)

I too was not happy on my last RCL cruise. I did look at their newest ship coming on line for a November 2016 cruise. It did not have the schedule I was looking for so I have a CCL cruise on my radar.....

Just off RCCL Liberty. Decent but service in no way compares to NCL. Room service that never showed, no servers at pools, scowling lady refusing to take dinner reservations. Why do I stray???

Hi, Dale. Just off the Jewel 20 minutes ago. Am booked Jade 2/17 first forward suite.

Saw your pics on FB and wondered where you were. Boys are growing for sure.

See you on NCL.

DMH15,

Donna did you happen to note down who the Senior Bridge and Hotel Officers were on The Jewel. There is a lot of interest in the Officers from people boarding for the Panama Cruise and her first cruise to Alaska (me).

Hope you had a great cruise,

Mandy

It's always to mix it up a bit...

We tried RCCL, NCL and Disney and I like each line for different reasons.

For instance, more for my tweens to do on NCL than RCCL (ie. they love the waterslides and rope courses) but when the Harmony comes out...hmmm might switch right back.

Right now, one of the main reasons for me to stay with NCL is their conversion rate for canadians...I can save like $600-800 per cruise with the exchange rate whereas no deals (actually more) for canadians...

Boo RCCL!

DMH15,

Donna did you happen to note down who the Senior Bridge and Hotel Officers were on The Jewel. There is a lot of interest in the Officers from people boarding for the Panama Cruise and her first cruise to Alaska (me).

Hope you had a great cruise,

Mandy

Here is what I remember. I have my notes in my notebook which is in my checked luggage.

Hotel Director Steven Jacobson

F & B Messiah

Concierge Hanno Meyer

Butler Jennifer Calixto (sp?)

I took the bridge tour. Maybe have notes, puctures. Will post more info later.

I'd bet that room service would vastly improve if they started charging $7.95.:)

Bill

Edited by S.S.Oceanlover

Hi, Dale. Just off the Jewel 20 minutes ago. Am booked Jade 2/17 first forward suite.

Saw your pics on FB and wondered where you were. Boys are growing for sure.

See you on NCL.

Hi Donna, we opted for a shorter cruise so we could combine with a trip to Universal. 5 day cruise was not for me. Just spoiled by the longer trips and nothing compares to a suite on NCL. Booked the Gem 10 day for next February out of New York. I love the Jewel. Hope it was great. Give our love to your Mom :)

Edited by 2boyzmom

I sail on all the major lines as I like variety. I've only just returned to NCL after an excellent experience on the GETAWAY in January. Prior to that, it was several years of lackluster service & food on NCL so I had pretty much written them off.

What I've noticed is that all cruise lines go through ups and downs, and that consistency can vary greatly even between ships of the same fleet. There are so many variables like the crew, officers, entertainers, chef, weather, fellow passengers, etc. that impact the experience.

Overall I've Royal Caribbean and Celebrity offer a pretty great experience. I love the innovative ships and the entertainment is awesome. I've never had a really dismal experience on either line like I've had on NCL in the past. For me, I'm happy to have rediscovered NCL and I hope my renewed fondness doesn't dissipate with all the recent management and policy changes.

Variety is the spice of life and I would be very bored just sailing on one line. They each have something to offer and excel and one thing or another. It's fun to experience the differences.